Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    So the only war there can ever be, anywhere, is the war between Alliance and Horde?

Good to know...
    It's been four+ years in real time since a sizable faction confict. Let us have this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    With an Old World revamp thrown in as well for that one Cata fan.
    I really hope not. If they do a revamp that loses too many of the existing zones / quests, instead of, say, allowing to phase to them based on level and later on demand, that'd be really upsetting. They don't add a lot of new content, so losing existing content (which I do play, on alts) on top is just a disaster.

So the only war there can ever be, anywhere, is the war between Alliance and Horde?

Good to know...
    It's the backbone of the franchise.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I just don't get why it has to be. The response to Pandaria was amazing (beyond the pandaren people, which some people struggled with) and most developers do the tropical adventure at some point.
    Yeah I really don't get it. I recently played through The Lost Isles again, with Legions tech, It would be an amazing tropical Place. The music was beyond great aswell. I just don't get why every expansion has to be dark and edgy. Pandaria had the perfect balance imo.

10+ Year Old Account

Good to know...
    Yes. Welcome to 1994 when this shit started. Filthy disgusting orcs. You have to go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Mists of pandaria 2.0

Sha = void
    Garrosh = Sylvanas
    I can't believe anyone at Blizzard would actually think SoO 2.0 is what players want.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghernandess View Post
    I'm begining to think that this Desolate Council will surrender Loarderon to the Alliance just before the Horde attacks Stormwind, it's clear that they don't totally agree with Sylvanas, so maybe they just want to die and give Lordaeron back to their heirs, returning the kingdom to it's full glory. Maybe the forces of the Alliance are out busy retaking Lordaeron AS the Horde marches to take Stormwind.

Where is my seat in the hype train *choo choo*
    I think the Desolate Council is one of two things.

1. It's Blizz seeding a new Forsaken leader for when they kill Sylvanas.

2. It's the Twilight's Hammer up to no good.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Not sure if this has been brought up yet. But I seemed to remember that there was a map in Legion alpha called "Stormwind invasion" or something along those lines.

I went looking I and I could have sworn it was released around the same time this map: https://newmaps.marlam.in/Legion%20D...6/-8.039/6.625 was scrapped. I could definitely be miss-remembering, but if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, feel free to console me. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

EDIT: To clarify, I seem to remember the map linked above and the seemingly imaginary map I'm thinking of having been on the front page of MMO champ within the same time frame.
    Last edited by Kuroluna; 2017-11-02 at 08:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I got Vol'jin's ashes...

((I'd be totally down for that.))
    I got me... Hrmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It's not enough, it will never be enough.
    You remember saying there was only room for one hypetrain engineer that speaks both english and french?

Well, apparently I killed you off years before I said that. So off you go, then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by platix View Post
    I believe it is Anduin as Il'gynoth says "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."
    thatd be nice, cuz we know regardless Anduin is immune to death because of the comic :P he wont die untill maybe after the events of the comic, and thats a long time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzard can't come up with an expansions like the South Seas concepts because it's too similar to what fans created. Would be a marketing disaster to "steal" expansion ideas from the fan base. That why we'll never see an expansion that's centered around South Seas (as fans want it to be).
    It's only similar to what fans have come up with because we keep thinking it's going to be the expansion and it never is...ergo everyone wants to make their version of it since Blizzard won't.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Faction wars don't have to have a clear winner to be interesting. As long as interesting storylines are started and clearly resolved within the span of the war, then there's plenty to get excited about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    I can't believe anyone at Blizzard would actually think SoO 2.0 is what players want.
    I mean let's just give them the benefit of the doubt. They haven't announced anything yet. We don't know for certain what's going to happen.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account

Good to know...
    Warcraft was built upon Humans versus Orcs. It's always been that way and that is the foundation of the franchise. Some expansions have more faction-focused conflicts in them and the next one seems to be one of them. We basically just finished an expansion of Alliance and Horde versus the Legion so yeah, I understand them wanting to go back to its roots.

Quote Originally Posted by ghernandess View Post
    I'm begining to think that this Desolate Council will surrender Loarderon to the Alliance just before the Horde attacks Stormwind, it's clear that they don't totally agree with Sylvanas, so maybe they just want to die and give Lordaeron back to their heirs, returning the kingdom to it's full glory. Maybe the forces of the Alliance are out busy retaking Lordaeron AS the Horde marches to take Stormwind.

Where is my seat in the hype train *choo choo*
    What if the Desolate Council is just another form of the Twilight Cult? What if the Desolate Council has something to do with the leaked Kul'Tiras NPCs? What if they cooperate somehow? Mind controlled Forsaken with mind controlled Kul'Tiras Humans?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    SoO 2.0 probably not but Mists was a pretty darn good expansion.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nothing?

We just learned that Sylvanas is no longer ruling the Forsaken, but an interim group called the Desolate Council, and that she is planning to try and take Stormwind for its resources.
    I imagine that the "resources" sylvanas look for are the humans killed in the storm and create a new undead kingdom to replace lordaeron

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    A faction war where no one can win is way more fucking boring.
    So much this. Also, to everyone that makes dumb "peacecraft" jokes, AvH hasn't really been the focus of Warcraft since WC2. Even the expansion that tried to focus on it (MoP) had us team up in the end. You can have a war in Warcraft without it being a silly, contrived faction war.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyll View Post
    We basically just finished an expansion of Alliance and Horde versus the Legion so yeah, I understand them wanting to go back to its roots.
    LOL, try two of them! In a row!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's been four+ years in real time since a sizable faction confict. Let us have this one.
    What exactly was fun in the last one?

Screw that, what was fun in any of the last ten such "conflicts"? All of them boil down to angry pompous phrases with either nothing or very little in terms of consequences (at most some village which nobody cares about gets painted red or blue, that's it, and even there everything is too symmetric).