7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Well, tomorrow is the day.

It's been fun gents.

See you all in 2019's 9.0 Speculation thread..

We may or may not get bananas, but I certainly have had the most excitement and meme filled weeks and months since Gamescom.
    Eh.... This isnt how this works.

Once the expansion gets announced this thread turns into the alpha/beta discussion and continues, just like the last one.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    Let's not forget that this is just the prologue in what can be assumed to be a 25-30 chapter novel. Like, really, take that into consideration. A lot can happen before the end of the book.
    Big time. Sylvie could completely shift gears by the end and have no interest in invading Stormwind. That could be the whole narrative thrust of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Well if you did that than every Bear would want one. I think it would be unfair to them.
    I'm okay with spending the 21hours remaining scrubbing bear bellies really haha!

Back on topic I'm so hyped by this preface. I really hope we get a world revamp. It's too late for me being cautious, I'm knee-deep into the hype-juice.

On a more serious note, WoWhead finally put out a transcript of the prologue in an easier to read format than photos from a phone. http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/b...mpler-spoilers

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    To add to this, its a prologue to the prologue of the expansion.
    Yeah. This is what is blowing my mind about the sheer giant piles of assumptions people are building. It's like no-one has ever read a book before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    But Vol'jin said: "You would be the one to save us. You must step out of the shadows and lead. You must be Warchief. "
    What people felt for Vol'jin being Warchief is what I feel for Sylvanas being Warchief. I don't like it & her being removed from the mantle of power willing or by force. I'm alright with it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    That didn't happen until the very end.
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Not if you only knew the prologue though.
    It still was Garrosh at the start and Garrosh at the end.

Really, Blizzard writers aren't that sophisticated. If they show you Sylvanas in the beginning, you can bet she is key to it all. It's a completely trivial trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We really should reevaluate Il'gynoth's whispers.
    Sylvanas dies her third death (fourth technically, yes, but let's say one of them is retconned for reasons), killed by Nathanos (who is actually N'Zoth). Just reading the prologue I feel like they're harping a bit too much on how much Sylvanas feels like she can "trust" Nathanos, and that's enough to tell me that he's gonna betray her in one way or another.

Deleted
    To be fair, we still don't know of Sylvanas' motifs. Perhaps she knows that somebody in Stormwind is N'Zoth? Perhaps it's Anduin? Or Genn?

All I'm saying is the prelude to the book doesn't have to tell the full story.

Could be a faction war, could also not be. Could be focused around Lordaeron, could just as well be set out at sea. We'll find out tomorrow!

While everything is on the table at this point, I'll just throw out my final wish and prediction before BlizzCon (keeping it brief and vague):

• The assault on Stormwind does happen, because it wouldn't really make sense to foreshadow it so early in the book if it wasn't going to. But we still don't know the reasons for it or how it plays out.
    • Faction war breaks out. Sides are being chosen. Fraction of Blood Elves leave and join Alleria in the Alliance (they simply can't stand by and watch as the Horde attacks their former ally Stormwind, which actually houses a few High Elves still--or perhaps they become Void Elves and are thrown out by the Blood Elves for being too radical). Turalyon probably holds the line of defences. Genn probably dies, possibly while defending Anduin against Sylvanas. But Anduin... is either not who we think he is, or he is being manipulated. (He's a priest after all, and inexperienced too. He probably dabbles with the shadow.)
    • We are urged by somebody to leave the Eastern Kingdoms and find our purpose out at sea. We have to find Jaina and Kul Tiras, the last standing human kingdom. We get to Kul Tiras, but it is being all shady and weird. We get a Suramar-like city experience full of intrigue and mystery, and we have to help Jaina take control of her former homeland and enlist them to our cause. Jaina becomes leader of the Alliance and Proudmoore replaces the Wrynn family with Varian dead and Anduin not fit to rule.
    • We then move to Zandalar, because we need to restore order to the Horde by bringing back Vol'jin (although that might not be our reason for going there; we might simply end up there by chance after Azshara attacks our fleet or something). Tropical jungle zone with lots of Loa, spirits, temples, and so on.
    • The threat from Silithus grows (but it'll be of bigger significance in 9.0).
    • We probably hop around Kezan and a few other cool places, too (remember, goblins were featured and given a bit of character in the novel teaser).
    • Eventually, Sylvanas might be ousted as leader of the Forsaken and Stormwind endures. She then feels betrayed by her former people, since she did everything to bring them an afterlife of freedom (foreshadowed in the novel teaser as well). Desperate and hateful as everything went wrong for her in the end, she decides to ally with the Old Gods. "Fuck everyone," basically becomes her mantra.
    • OR, Sylvanas was the good guy after all, trying to stop N'Zoth from influencing us through Anduin. So maybe she was being perceived as a villain at first, but at the end of the day she saved us. We'll find out soon!
    Last edited by mmoc53ad741e61; 2017-11-02 at 09:01 PM.

I sometimes wonder if Vol'jin wasn't a dang genius. Sure, he might have legit thought Sylvanas was the best qualified. On the other hand, maybe he wanted her in the spotlight for all the Horde to watch. Maybe he knew she'd keep plotting behind the back of some other Warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I shall invade Stormwind on my warrior in full Draenei armor with the Lightbringer title and Lightbringer tabard to be as hypocritical as possible. http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=...-plate-recolor
    No. You shall _try_.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It still was Garrosh at the start and Garrosh at the end.

Really, Blizzard writers aren't that sophisticated. If they show you Sylvanas in the beginning, you can bet she is key to it all. It's a completely trivial trick.
    Wow, that's not an argument!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Nuhuhuh, never gonna click that link

Never gonna take that bait
    Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching, but
    You're too shy to say it
    Inside, we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling
    Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

(Ooh, give you up)
    (Ooh, give you up)
    Never gonna give, never gonna give
    (Give you up)
    Never gonna give, never gonna give
    (Give you up)

We've known each other for so long
    Your heart's been aching, but
    You're too shy to say it
    Inside, we both know what's been going on
    We know the game and we're gonna play it

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sylvanas dies her third death (fourth technically, yes, but let's say one of them is retconned for reasons), killed by Nathanos (who is actually N'Zoth). Just reading the prologue I feel like they're harping a bit too much on how much Sylvanas feels like she can "trust" Nathanos, and that's enough to tell me that he's gonna betray her in one way or another.
    Yeah you're right on that. Her trust will end in a betrayal...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This thread has rocketed too fast to have any real discussion, I shall await the reveal ever so anxiously!

I think people just QQ about Sylvanas whenEVER she appears.

This confirms genki's leak meaning no new races. Man this sucks so hard

But what if the text isn't referring to a faction war really.
    Her plan and strategy to save her race is val'kyr ressing dead people ( stormwind has plenty of that )
    The text also mentions more relevance of Nathanos Blightcaller her champion
    Horde is also financially strained
    Nathanos could start to become more relevant I.E raiding Stormwind for a key item(s)
    Desolate council also poses a threat to Sylvannas's plans as some if not all of the council opposes her end game
    perhaps inner strife within the Undercity?

Deleted
    What if:
    -The leader of the Desolate Council is Lilian Voss ? We kind of forgot about her. Maybe she and the Council want to rejoin the Alliance
    -The sigil of Lordaeron is present because the city will be claimed by the Alliance - or given back by the Council

Or what if Sylvannas herself is not marching to conquer Stormwind, but to make an alliance?

5+ Year Old Account
    so I slept again
    but how about that novel I assume that's what we are talking about lol :P