7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Hope nightborne can be druids

pleeeeaaase blizzard the horde need druids x.x
    Nope, but highmountain tauren can be droods
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Wonder if they'll talk about a stat squish in the deep dive talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Anduin looking like a younger Brad Pitt was freaky though.
    He looked absolutely stunning, and so did Sylvanas and Genn. Man, when I saw Saurfang on the ground my heart sunk though. Poor Saurfang doesn't deserve all this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone can't access b/c filters or whatever:

Highmountain:
    Druid, Hunter, Monk, Shaman, Warrior

Lightforged:
    Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Warrior

Nightborne:
    Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior

Void Elf:
    Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior

Zandalari & Dark Iron yet to be said.
    I'm quite surprised that most have access to monks, for some reason. This also puts to bed the hopes for a 'prettier' horde race of druids from the Nightborne that have been discussed in the speculation. Bit unfortunate, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynameisbronas View Post
    gamescomm 8/23-8/26 Panel will go over 7.3 patch content and what is left for Legion, with a short teaser/trailer for 8.0 at the end
    7.3 8/29 Patch Drops
    Antorus in Nov Raid drops sometime before Thanksgiving
    Blizzcon in depth look at the features and game systems of 8.0
    8.0 Alpha Jan/feb
    New expac Fall 2018 release

We will use the power we've collected in our artifacts to power Sargeras' prison.

New expansion will start with Jaina coming back to the Alliance after her hiatus during Legion. After she left Dalaran she went back to her homeland of Kul Tiras and noticed something was amiss. Jaine comes back to the Alliance to request help in sussing out the mysterious hysteria/madness/disease that has infected her people. This will bring us to Kul Tiras and the greater South Seas. We will battle Naga, empowered by Old God creatures, and corrupted Kul Tirasians.

No new classes or playable races
    No new professions
    No dps legendaries. Only utility legendaries like Prydaz or legendaries like the talent ring. They won't be random drops but something you can work towards.
    Mythic+ largely unchanged except for affix tweaks
    Artifact power system will be called something else but be similar to what is in Legion. "paragon points"
    World quests largely unchanged
    Scalable leveling zones
    Use boats in a system like the vindicaar to travel to the different zones.
    Azshara and N'Zoth will be prominent villains. Void Lords will be hinted at but we won't battle them directly.
    Artifact weapons won't carry over but the main spells they provide will be baked into each class.
    i still think n'zoth will show up sometime in the expansion along with something about void lords.

Rerolling my mage to Nightborne and shaman/druid to zandalar.

OMG Void Elf warlock, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Hope nightborne can be druids

pleeeeaaase blizzard the horde need druids x.x
    I looked wrong and thought Void elfs could be Druids.

My head made a 180° and a loud "WHAT?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    He looked absolutely stunning, and so did Sylvanas and Genn. Man, when I saw Saurfang on the ground my heart sunk though. Poor Saurfang doesn't deserve all this shit.
    He's probably not happy about it either, I wouldn't be surprised if he's like "Yeah, Alliance is pissing me off right now."

Actually I think this cinematic has the most notable characters in a cinematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It doesn't really make sense for Nightborne to not have druids while having monks at the same time. :v

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Same. Saurfang is one of the few leaders who deserves a home in the mountains away from the constant war and pork reminders.

Can't say I am excited, but it could have been worse.

The #1 huge irrepairable issue is PVP. They aren't planning to fix the huge issues with it, they keep rolling as if everything was fine and what they are adding is the same things as always: some arenas and a BG. No solo queue. No power cap. No catch-up for alts. No unpruning. No barrier for the PVE shit. I am not even talking about more advanced things such as attempts to tackle mobility vs range and CC vs anti-CC. We can't even dream of getting to that level. We can't even solve kindergarden-level issues, which they just created, which have known and proven solutions. There is just nothing good here.

The other big issue is that all their features are just reshuffling of existing things. There are some additions, and they might potentially make a difference, but they might be irrelevant as well, we don't know yet. Ie, the island three-man thing is nothing terribly exciting - apart from the new type of a timer *in the form of competing NPCs*. That's something new and that might be interesting (ie, you can affect them), but whether that adds anything good or not depends on how it is done and it might easily just not matter much.

The warfronts are not interesting either. They are just one more mix of instances / invasions, the 20 bodies throw themselves at the enemy. We all know how much "strategy" is in these things and how important the "common decisions" are - very quickly there appears the way to "solve" the instance and people just follow it, it gets boring fast. Now, if that was PVP, it would have been different, but it can't be PVP, because they have to fix the fundamental problems with it first, and they aren't fixing them...

Tons of things are gates by another name. "We won't let you see content X until you play Y months", that kind of thing. Ie, the allied races with having to level separate characters from 20 to max to unlock stuff are obviously there simply to try to make you level three times instead of one. Or even six, to get both sides. Or actually more, because they are saying that's just the beginning and they will add more. Same vibe from different continents / instances / raids for different factions, although that at least partly unlocks at max level (there are certainly exceptions, but maybe they are the usual ones - leveling quests). The new artifact serves the usual purpose of making you log in every week for years (or you are going to miss out on power, you want it? you want it? login then). Gates and treadmill hooks.

Some things do look somewhat interesting, and I can't say right now that the expansion is low effort again, but it might be low effort easily. Nothing is big / revolutionary. Everything looks like a pretty ordinary iteration on something existing, although maybe something will jump out of this so far unimpressive set of features with details from further sessions.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-03 at 09:20 PM.

Upright trolls are the best thing ever.

Now gimme my upright orcs and that'll be the best thing ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something about profressions?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Zandalar - Warlock, Priest, Mage, Druid, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior
    Nightborne - Warlock, Mage, Rogue, Demon Hunter, Hunter, Warrior
    Highmountain - Warlock, Mage, Priest, Demon Hunter (?), Druid, Monk, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin, Warrior

Lightforged - Priest, Mage, Monk, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin
    Dark Iron - Warlock, Priest, Mage, Rogue, Monk, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin, Warrior, DK
    Void Elf - Lock, Priest, Mage, Rogue, Monk, Hunter, Warrior, DK
    The site has these https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

Nightborne - Hunter Mage Monk priest Rogue Warlock Warrior
    Highmountain Tauren - Druid Hunter Monk Shaman Warrior

Lightforged - Hunter Mage Paladin Priest Warrior
    Void Elf - Hunter Mage Monk Priest Rogue Warlock Warrior

Dark Iron and Zandalar aren't listed yet.

FYI FinalBoss is streaming the demo.

https://go.twitch.tv/finalbosstv

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Void Elves look more like Blood Elves than Night Elves to me.
    And highborne look more like night elves than blood elves, see the theme?

10+ Year Old Account
    This Expansion... it looks like the type of thing that will grow on me, even though I am slightly skeptical of it right now.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Zandalar - Warlock, Priest, Mage, Druid, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior
    Nightborne - Warlock, Mage, Rogue, Demon Hunter, Hunter, Warrior
    Highmountain - Warlock, Mage, Priest, Demon Hunter (?), Druid, Monk, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin, Warrior

Lightforged - Priest, Mage, Monk, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin
    Dark Iron - Warlock, Priest, Mage, Rogue, Monk, Hunter, Shaman, Paladin, Warrior, DK
    Void Elf - Lock, Priest, Mage, Rogue, Monk, Hunter, Warrior, DK
    Nope.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...ces#nightborne
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still kind of disappointed it wasn't this:
    Quote Originally Posted by choi gnome View Post
    jaina new leader off all alliance
    sylvanas illidanforbiden ritual shadowland
    windrunner sisters together united
    void
    south seea not important
    alliance shose 3 paths, not same quests - hord same new class hall
    ruby and yellow dragons will give new player power
    alexstrassa new kadhgar hero
    Jokes aside, I'm completely blown away with everything they showed. I can't even express how happy I am right now lol.