Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    No plans to have followers or missions at the moment. Team doesn't want to hold on to something for the sake of holding on to it. They want it to work with the story and new content.
    --

If there was ever a more ironic developer quote can someone please clarify it? This is hilarious and I laughed out loud at this bs.
    What is hilarious about it? The quote seems completely normal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a login screen like that

7+ Year Old Account
    What are we thinking for Login Screen?

Teldrassil on Fire?
    The Maelstrom?
    The Wound burning?
    I was thinking about the ruins of ruined lordaeron with some alliance banners

Formerly known as Arafal

I would love the login screen to have some big panorama of a battle between the Horde and the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Or because she wants till kill the evil alliance since 2004 because they made her what she is today
    fixed your spelling D:

- - - Updated - - -

Teldrassil on Fire?
    I would LOVE that D;

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed your spelling D:

- - - Updated - - -

I would LOVE that D;
    its always awkward because all these forsaken players insist on talking about lore as if they where there characters
    you go "ok is this person roleplaying or literally advocating genocide? "
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Teldrassil on Fire?
    The Maelstrom?
    The Wound burning?
    Would love to see some kind of Warcraft 3 Menu screen remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    I'm really confused by the way that Battle for Azeroth seems to be displaying Void users. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY well aware of how dangerous it is to use Void magic, and how it's rare, but, Battle for Azeroth seems to be displaying it as if there are no actual Void users in the Alliance and the Horde, or that there are no Void users that aren't completely insane. It also seems as if Void magic is completely illegal in the Horde, as well as being illegal in the Alliance until the Void Elves joined. That... makes little sense. What happened to the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow, who are literally a part of Legion? What happened to our Subtlety Rogues, Shadow Priests or Affliction Warlocks? Or am I missing something very obvious here?
    admittedly the warcraft cosmology chart is confusing and not well explained in the book it comes in

it makes more sense if you cut it diagnoly in the middle (bottom left to top right). You can see how the forces of order and the Light meet in the middle to create nature, while the forces of chaos (the destruction of life) and shadow meet to create undeath

the elemental forces meet in the middle and are pretty accessible. thats the reason why both holy, unholy or neutral things can access fire, ice whatever. There is a fire lich king and an ice one. demonic fire and holy fire.

What i want you to look at is you will see with the Light and the Shadow that outside there is this all encompassing "Light" and "Shadow", thats the pure energy, the ambient force of the universe. at the CENTER of it where the power is concentrated you have the Void and Holy energy. not only does this show that shadow magic isnt necessarily void (i'd guess void is super concentrated shadow) that the light isnt necessarily Holy. You see more proof of this with Sun Druids, aka Sunwalkers accessing the Light through their nature worship, meanwhile the Scarlet crusade still access the light , but dont do it through Holy means.

when Nobundo prayed to the light and it didnt answer the elements told him the Light worked through them, confirming that the Light (and shadow) are ambient in all things.

When Warlocks access shadow magic they do so directly or through Chaos. Shadow priests turn away fromt he benevolent feeligns of the light which increases it, to the selfish feelign of shadow to access it. This is why the legion and deathknights are connected to so much. The Fel used its powers to access necromatic power and create the Lich King who used his powers to create deathknights, and so Deathknights being in the center can access Unholy and shadow magic.

The confusing part, i'll admit, is that most light use has been connected to Holy magic. even the Scarlet Crusade BELIEVES their magic is holy. the opposite of this would be void. But just as the Scarlet Crusade, or Sunwalkers access the Light without touching the Holy aspect, neither did Shadow priests, or Deathknights, or Warlocks or Rogues access void magic. Like i said elsewhere it was an unknown until recently. We did see some "extreme " shadow priests here and there called "Void priests" and we've summoned Void walkers for awhile. The devs did say when SP connection tot he void and old gods was revealed with Legion that they had been "hinting at it for awhile" with things like their fear spells and the shadow fiend.

but until recently the classes have only dipped their feat into shadow magic, not void magic. Void magic is more pure concentrated chaos and darkness and entropy, while Shadow magic is its ambient radiation

p.s. though i could be wrong about a few things it is an important point there should be no reason to lable the The Light and Holy, and Shadow and Shadow(void) seperately if it was all the same thing. it is tragic that the book meant to finallize everything didnt go into more depth but i'm 96% sure i'm correct in this or 100% sure i'm 90ish% correct
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2017-11-07 at 12:53 PM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    For login screen I expect a ruined court room of Lordaeron, no npc's or whatsoever though.

Would fit the expansion well i think

10+ Year Old Account

Teldrassil on Fire?
    The Maelstrom?
    The Wound burning?
    Maybe a battlefield with a Horde banner on one side and an Alliance banner on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    To be fair the stone mason shenanigans were likely thanks to a certain Lady Katrana Prestor.
    How is being influenced by an OG-corrupted Black Dragon more of an excuse than your race being converted into Fel Junkies by literally the guy with the title "Deceiver"?
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-11-07 at 01:09 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The login screen could be something like the diorama in this article, but, of course, with much more colorful in-game scenery and units:

https: //nerdist.com/blizzard-world-of-warcraft-diorama/

The units could move and fight each other! It would be epic!

Deleted
    Probably Baine's new model : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/vZo13

Does anyone like that Heritage armor for the Allied races is going to be limited to the race that gives it? I think that takes away most of the reason to get that armor, no? The restriction also means that we will never be able to mix pieces from different Heritage sets. This also reminds me of a question I had: does anyone know if Heritage armor is just one set for all armor types, or is it four separate sets for cloth, leather, mail and plate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    Oh my...that's awesome looking! What hammer is he using? It looks distinct.

Also the side says it was for Heroes of the Storm. Not to say this isn't what it'll end up looking like but it does seem to slick and shiny for WoW. Definitely looks more HotS like.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Allifeur- View Post
    It literally says FAN ART right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Oh my...that's awesome looking! What hammer is he using? It looks distinct.

Also the side says it was for Heroes of the Storm. Not to say this isn't what it'll end up looking like but it does seem to slick and shiny for WoW. Definitely looks more HotS like.
    That's because he didn't read the description: 3D model of Baine Bloodhoof from World of Warcraft, intended to fit into Heroes of the Storm. (Fan Art)
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey View Post
    Does anyone like that Heritage armor for the Allied races is going to be limited to the race that gives it? I think that takes away most of the reason to get that armor, no? The restriction also means that we will never be able to mix pieces from different Heritage sets. This also reminds me of a question I had: does anyone know if Heritage armor is just one set for all armor types, or is it four separate sets for cloth, leather, mail and plate?
    The Heritage sets don't really even have a armor class. They stated you could use it as transmog for all classes no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You destroyed my joy...although thank you for pointing it out.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Indead, but the guy got hired by Blizzard after that. It used to be a fanart, but now that he's with them I don't see why they would waste the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    The Heritage sets don't really even have a armor class. They stated you could use it as transmog for all classes no matter what.
    Ah, thanks, this is good. I was afraid I would have to get four classes of a specific race to 110 to get all looks.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    No, but it will definitely be early next year.
    Why is the dwarf already banned?