Hah, I haven't seen these screens either, thanks for sharing. Looks pretty epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yup! Chinglish streamed it. Since we can now decrypt the in-game sword, we can also look at older versions. First version had a red instance portal (like the cinematic) in the middle instead of the magic globe thingy that's in there now.
    Any chance you can share some screenshots of the previous models of the sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    In terms of content, absolutely not. In terms of content with rewards suitable for max level, yes.
    At max level, you get:

raids
    islands (soon)
    warfronts (soon)
    mythic +
    rated BGs
    Arena
    World Quests/Dailies

Some of those you can do prior to max level, but there's no point. So yes, in terms of rewards you are right, but there's no point in revamping those to be applied to levelers. People don't play this game anymore to level (and arguably never have), and there are way too many ways to bypass the leveling process.

The only meaningful content leveling has is questing, which is not repeatable and not interesting enough to make it a viable thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Any chance you can share some screenshots of the previous models of the sword ?
    Not really, I just looked at the file itself not what it shows. Maybe if I have some spare time this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So yes, in terms of rewards you are right, but there's no point in revamping those to be applied to levelers. People don't play this game anymore to level (and arguably never have), and there are way too many ways to bypass the leveling process.
    Maybe. I just wanted to say that the ratio of "content that is still there but dead due to being very easy and due to having no sensible rewards" to "content that is okayish in terms of difficulty and rewards" is skewed in favor of the former like no tomorrow. The first part has 75%+ of the game. (Again, not saying that they should try to make use of it, that's a very complex topic with many things to consider.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Also, this cemented how huge Gorribal is. Still, I'd have liked to see a replica Gorribal for cool factor. Nags me that Taeshalach is a weapon you can get, and even Argus's scythe, but not Gorribal or some replica version of it. Would've been cool to see Taeshalach and Gorribal dual wielded by a fury warrior.
    I believe lore-wise many high ranked demons (KJ or Archimonde included) can change their size, I would guess Sargeras can do the same. Their weapons likely follow that

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    We don't need a world revamp - the older the game gets, the less we need it, since more and more people have their characters at max level and you can just buy the latest expac and get a max level character for free.

The game revolves around max level - there is no point to re-doing the world, unless you're going to tie it to that.
    I would agree if I saw them completely ignoring old zones and content. Yet they just announced level scaling for all of the old content. Ion even went in detail explaining that he wanted to improve the leveling by allowing you to complete the zones without their quests becoming obsolete and making you feel like you should move on without finishing those stories.
    We'll have level scaling, we'll have warfronts in old zones, and we'll lose/change 2 major capitals which belong to old zones. And if Allied races continue to be a thing (which seems like they will) a lot of players will be going through the leveling experience and the old world.
    This means that they do have interest in the old world.
    Weather they actually do a significant revamp remains to be seen, as it's a huge undertaking and it didn't go so well in Cataclysm.
    But they have shown interest in the old world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I believe lore-wise many high ranked demons (KJ or Archimonde included) can change their size, I would guess Sargeras can do the same. Their weapons likely follow that
    Probably just a cool thing, also most Titans with their bodies intact are massive in size(Like we saw with Sargeras).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yep. That's how I assume the player can wield Scythe of the Unmaker and Taeshalach. Now the set just feels unfinished.

But that's not AS bad as it used to be. In the past, when Taeshalach and Gorribal were a pair, it would've actually been annoying that Gorribal isn't obtainable but Taeshalach is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That's my thought, a pre-world-revamp to give more context to a full-one, but it probably won't happen. I've lost faith in Blizzard properly revamping the world.
    Well it's still a very long time till then. We have BfA to hype over now

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the cinematic.

Explain to me again how a sword huge enough to reach into space plunging into Azeroth isn't grounds for a second Shattering?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Explain to me again how a sword huge enough to reach into space plunging into Azeroth isn't grounds for a second Shattering?
    Holy shit!!, amazing cinematic.

I think that if he had just throwed it from the space we could have had a second sundering, but not this way, he just forced it in Silithus.

7+ Year Old Account

Magic /10char
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that comes to my mind: Azerite as a titanic substance should be pure arcane, and void beings (old gods) as pure shadow will probably not like being touched by it. Maybe the points of BfA is to gather it and later use that power to bring some pain to the old gods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Jésus Marie Joseph...

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that comes to my mind: Azerite as a titanic substance should be pure arcane, and void beings (old gods) as pure shadow will probably not like being touched by it. Maybe the points of BfA is to gather it and later use that power to bring some pain to the old gods?
    But Void's opposite is Light. Fel's opposite is Arcane.

More likely, as the substance that basically gave birth to the Well of Eternity, both factions want it to weaponize it, and the Old Gods want it to break free of their prisons.

Also, where was the "epic sendoff" to our Artifacts in that cinematic? I'm starting to think that sword isn't a permanent guest of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, where was the "epic sendoff" to our Artifacts in that cinematic? I'm starting to think that sword isn't a permanent guest of Azeroth.
    You don't say? Someone already mentioned above it's likely we'll use their power to remove the sword.
    Also, I don't remember any mention that the sendoff would be in that cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Here's what I think:

1. Silithus as a whole becomes a raid instance.

2. That sword becomes a raid instance

3. The next class or race will be forged inside it.

The sword is obviously huge enough to be Karazhan times 50, and there's different sounds coming from it as well. One sounded like C'thun and another sounded like a Heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't say? Someone already mentioned above it's likely we'll use their power to remove the sword.
    Also, I don't remember any mention that the sendoff would be in that cinematic.
    It wasn't. But the devs did say we'd get an epic sendoff. Which most of us interpreted to be either "giving up our Artifact Power to empower Illidan" or "Using our power to seal The Wound."

Given how important Azerite is to BFA, I assumed it'd be the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the Horde at least definitely manages to weaponize it, how else did they burn down something Teldrassil's size?

And yeah, Artifacts being used to blow up Gorribal is a safe bet; it would also explain how Sylvanas gets her hands on a shard of it; if we blow it up, there will be shards of it all over the place.
    How else? I dunno, giant fire sword perhaps?

Here's my idea:
    1. Sword just impaled our planet.
    2. We use our artifacts to shatter the sword.
    3. Few Old God kooks left behind in the zone locate some shards.
    4. Old God kooks infiltrate the Horde, possibly as our good friends the Desolate Host.
    5. Sylvanas attacks Teldrassil to spark war with the Alliance.
    6. Old God Kooks use sword shard to light giant tree on fire.
    7. All hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Here's what I think:

1. Silithus as a whole becomes a raid instance.

2. That sword becomes a raid instance

3. The next class or race will be forged inside it.

The sword is obviously huge enough to be Karazhan times 50, and there's different sounds coming from it as well. One sounded like C'thun and another sounded like a Heartbeat.
    there's going to be a battleground around it.

also, i want to know what the fuck those bones in it are from.