When people say ships they always think of mobile Garrisons/Order Halls which would be very vague if you ask me. Sure, having a crew and sending them to missions would be great but why not have a goal like... being the King of the Great Sea?

If they let us traverse the Great Sea then there should be randomly generated islands with random loot, monsters, a mini non-instanced dungeon and obstacles. Not big islands like Kezan or Zandalar or Kul Tiras but smaller, unknown ones. Those that don't appear on the map. We should be able to claim those islands as our own and place our banners there. Fight with other factions' ships or pirate crews. Things like that.

But that might be extremely hard to implement because we know how outdated the engine is.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Warlords took place in an alternate timeline. The only remotely relevant bit was fighting Archimonde right at the very end. The expansion did almost nothing to advance the central story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not really. Everything Warlords did was bringing back Gul'dan as an interlude for Legion. All the "main story" in WoD could've been packed into a 1 hour questline.
    Bringing Khadgar to the forefront as a neutral leader of the Horde and Alliance, and the heir to the guardian legacy. Bringing Gul'dan back and developing him, wrapping up the Garrosh story that had been going on for three expansions. Introducing Cordana Felsong, Gul'dan's key to retrieving Illidan's body from the wardens. Showing the inception of the Infinite dragonflight. Killing off Archimonde. Warlords did a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Bringing Khadgar to the forefront as a neutral leader of the Horde and Alliance, and the heir to the guardian legacy. Bringing Gul'dan back and developing him, wrapping up the Garrosh story that had been going on for three expansions. Introducing Cordana Felsong, Gul'dan's key to retrieving Illidan's body from the wardens. Showing the inception of the Infinite dragonflight. Killing off Archimonde. Warlords did a lot.
    Did a lot on its own, that's true. But compared to what other expansion packs introduced to the lore? Then they are very few.

Deleted
    Seeing spoilers from 7.3 it is either South Sea with all the different islands we still miss.
    Or they will make a continent out of Kul Tiras like they did we the broken isles and we just get that Island.

Deleted
    Actually Tinker as a class might be true as we saw Mekatorque or however his name is spelled using mech suit in broken isles. But yeah feels too soon, DH still has the new class smell. Maybe they will delay it who knows.

Deleted
    is a mop style expansion not being considered ? i mean all this south seas seems to obv, and that makes it a perfect time to do a mop 2 and suprise us whit something out of their asses, unless they really wanna finished the wow story and just speed up 8.0 and 9.0 then tada wow is done now go play our new mmo

I hope it's a raid and not the capital city for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    is a mop style expansion not being considered ? i mean all this south seas seems to obv, and that makes it a perfect time to do a mop 2 and suprise us whit something out of their asses, unless they really wanna finished the wow story and just speed up 8.0 and 9.0 then tada wow is done now go play our new mmo
    There are too many hints in Legion for the upcoming expansion. It's either Naga / Old Gods or the Void and it's more likely to have the Naga / Old God threat as an interlude to an upcoming Void expansion.

Sure they could do another MoP and give us some crippled Lich King 2.0 expansion but I doubt that regarding all the hints we already got and the datamining just proves what we already thought is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unrelated to the South Seas, but semi-related to future content. I think they may be setting up this stuff with Alleria as a future class. A Voidmancer of some kind.

Edit: Other interesting idea

What if Kul'Tiras is only a bit of what we get.

What if we also get revamped things around it, like Tol Borad, Gilneas, etc. Makes lots of sense given Jaina and Genn's current temperaments toward the Horde/Sylvanas.
    Yes please. I'm all for getting Gilneas as an Alliance hub. Then the Goblins could get Undermine. Would love to have two separate cities again, last time we did was in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1519 View Post
    Seems likely that it'll be a Naga based expansion since we know we need to deal the N'zoth soon, before we move on to the Void Lords, and we know that Azshara is up to something in the Tomb.
    Yep. South Seas is most likely going to be part of that though since an all underwater expansion is likely never going to happen. Way too much involvement from Naga this expansion for them not to be the next focus for an expansion. This Kul Tiras stuff is just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

As far as my guess goes, we will start the next expansion off in the South Seas dealing with the Naga, move on to N'zoth by the end of the expansion, and be set up for Titans / Old Gods / Void Lords for the next expansion after that.

After that point, I'm slightly greater than 50% sure there won't be more expansions since they're pretty much out of lore at that point and I don't think WoW is their big money generator either. There's an off chance we'll see WotLK 2 3 expansions from now, but I find it unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope it's a raid and not the capital city for the expansion.
    stormwind would be a neutral capital city before kul tiras ever would.

I don't think Blizzard are going to do split areas like Cataclysm again, though we might get a multi-island expansion if you can travel between them without loading screens and can see them in the distance. I'd like to see this be the underground expansion as well, with Kul Tiras threatened by Old God shit from beneath, so we go after them properly this time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I hope they just make the next expansion street. Give back to the black community in some way.
    Only if the new class is Cop, so that I can kill black people without any repercussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I hope they don't plan on removing Argus from Azeroth's point of view. (unless something happens in the cinematic ofc).

I enjoy the unique look it's got now.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    It's not as ground-breaking as some of the assholes here would hope for. It's not something you can verify until they announce it. It's not something you have to believe. It is kind of shitty that I come here trying to share what legitimate information I have, and it is met almost uniformly with not just skepticism (which I can totally understand) but also vitriol. Kek. This fucking community.
    In fairness, you sharing something that someone at Blizzard tells you in confidence is kind of a dick move as well. Especially for someone that works somewhere where you should know how to deal with secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pandaria isnt really in the south seas. the south seas is above it inbetween broken isles and pandaria

The Broken Isles are no longer in the South Seas, so that map is "out-of-date" by a large margin. Also, this isn't a South Seas expansion; assuming that it's true, it's merely the third in a series of "island" expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But it didn't show us Farahlon nor a second expansion on an ogre continent.

Of course skepticism is a must but I have seen at the very least that legion was leaked to very accurate detail before gamescom (tho much closer than we are to an announcement right now to be fair) on these forums. It's pretty meaningless right now but I find it kinda interesting to think about.

Troll subrace that stands upright and im sold

We should speculate on the zones/areas:

Alliance Capital: Boralus
    Horde Capital: Remnants of a Horde City from the Second War

Zone: Crestfall
    Zone: Tol Barad (the PvP area from Cataclysm will be retconned to some extent)
    Zone: Zul'Dare
    Zone: Kul Tiras (I would presume that this area will be split into three sub-zones)
    Zone: Unknown Island (the island on the southern areas of the "revealed" map)
    Zone: Channel Islands
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-07-08 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    We should speculate on the zones/areas:

Alliance Capital: Boralus
    Horde Capital: Remnants of a Horde City from the Second War

Zone: Crestfall
    Zone: Tol Barad (the PvP area from Cataclysm will be retconned to some extent)
    Zone: Zul'Dare
    Zone: Kul Tiras (I would presume that this area will be split into three sub-zones)
    Zone: Unknown Island (the island on the southern areas of the "revealed" map)
    Zone: Channel Islands
    I'd like to see the Horde get Zul'Dare, actually; gives the trolls some love, and lets both factions launch raids on the enemy capital.
    Like if your Ashran base was your main home during Warlords, and not just an unimportant sideshow.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'd like to see the Horde get Zul'Dare, actually; gives the trolls some love, and lets both factions launch raids on the enemy capital.
    Like if your Ashran base was your main home during Warlords, and not just an unimportant sideshow.
    So, you're in favor of a WoD scenario with each faction receiving separate starting zones? I can't see how Kul Tiras would be big enough for that option.