5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, the shadowlands isn't usually like it was for sylvanas.

whatever happened to sylvanas, whether it was a val'kyr trick, a result of having her spirit impaled by saronite, or something else, it definitely wasn't just the shadowlands unless for some reason there's a bad place that bad people go in the shadowlands when they die.

we see with the uuna quest that good spirits can be trapped in darkness, but i think uuna is a special case since she was bound to an unholy abomination for 25,000 years.
    It's definitely possible. Or it might be that you don't automatically go to one specific place in the Shadowlands and it dumps you kind of randomly. So some people wind up in places that have other spirits, and others wind up in darkness in the middle of nowhere.

But Arthas is in the Shadowlands, and relives his life there. So it's not an issue where being undead instantly means you're condemned to some kind of eternally black hell forever and always. Which is the core thrust of my point: That the idea she's willfully dooming people to that void is a statement that borders calumniation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    PvP isn't canon.
    Kinda true, kinda not? Some battlegrounds are canon, like Alterac where the Frostwolves were attacked by a dwarven conquest force. Or Warsong, where the Nelves launched an attack against the Orc Lumberworkers.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    calumniation.
    you have a word-a-day calendar? lol, i haven't heard that word for lying since i played swtor a couple years ago.

but it's definitely not true that every undead goes there. if the scourge ghouls whose spirits you save don't go there after being freed, then there's no reason a forsaken's would.

no, the shadowlands isn't usually like it was for sylvanas.

whatever happened to sylvanas, whether it was a val'kyr trick, a result of having her spirit impaled by saronite, or something else, it definitely wasn't just the shadowlands unless for some reason there's a bad place that bad people go in the shadowlands when they die.

we see with the uuna quest that good spirits can be trapped in darkness, but i think uuna is a special case since she was bound to an unholy abomination for 25,000 years.
    Shadowlands has some sort of Karma system.

It was a torture for Whitemane but fine and nice for Nazgrim

5+ Year Old Account
    you have a word-a-day calendar? lol, i haven't heard that word for lying since i played swtor a couple years ago.

but it's definitely not true that every undead goes there. if the scourge ghouls whose spirits you save don't go there after being freed, then there's no reason a forsaken's would.
    I've been playing SWTOR while waiting for Allied Races to drop. >.>

It's been stuck in my head for days and I had to let it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Oooo... good point!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Afterlife in Warcraft is literally the most unknown and least defined thing in this franchise aside from Elune, there's no point in talking about it because there's too many variables and unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The ffxiv patch release date is confirmation all right
    The release date makes it incredibly likely, but it is still not confirmed. Unless Blizzard comes out and says it, it isn't confirmed and could change.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    The release date makes it incredibly likely, but it is still not confirmed. Unless Blizzard comes out and says it, it isn't confirmed and could change.
    I know I know but still... I hope

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I've been playing SWTOR while waiting for Allied Races to drop. >.>

It's been stuck in my head for days and I had to let it out!
    swtor's really nice up to shadows of revan. the story dies at kotfe though, so just a warning. pure shit from that point onward.

story really suffered from forcing force users and non-force users into the same story, and they ruined one of the best villains ever by just making him palpatine 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

lilian voss messed with her corpse, might have had something to do with it. made it so she couldn't be resurrected normally again.

10+ Year Old Account
    swtor's really nice up to shadows of revan. the story dies at kotfe though, so just a warning. pure shit from that point onward.

story really suffered from forcing force users and non-force users into the same story, and they ruined one of the best villains ever by just making him palpatine 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

lilian voss messed with her corpse, might have had something to do with it. made it so she couldn't be resurrected normally again.
    Yup, I played every xpac, and these last two sucked. (I would literally just come for the new stuff, do the story and quit again until the next)

Im done with swtor for good, its a shame its leveling was some of the best.

They might start BfA testing, doesnt have to be Allied Races. They did that with WoD alpha/beta iirc.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

and they ruined one of the best villains ever by just making him palpatine 2.0.
    Did he become the Senate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You don't really believe that, though. Let's actually apply that and see what happens. Someone disagrees with the best talent tree decisions, you don't get called a bigot for that. You get called a bigot because your opinions that they disagree with are bigoted.
    haha funny how I said social issues and you bring up an example with talent trees in a video game great reading haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They might start BfA testing, doesnt have to be Allied Races. They did that with WoD alpha/beta iirc.
    It's certainly likely they'll do something, though it doesn't have to be Allied Races or even WoW related.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Potentially 10 days. We still have no confirmation of that.
    If I say it's 10 days, then it's 10 days, u heard it here first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

That is dangerous thinking. You could be very disappointed.
    As with BfA, I didn't get my hopes up so I wasn't disappointed.

This is how I think now as well. I'm very busy with this VRChat game anyway, so if you ask me, I don't mind if it launch in like a month or two. That's what I expected anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ame_feel_like/

Seems like the scaling feedback isn't bad as it initially was.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Wait, isn't the shadowlands not the only afterlife confirmed? With the entire Uuna questline thing, she is trapped in a dark place, but her parents are in a holy light bathed afterlife where they seem to be at peace.

no?

Speed of this thread debating the Silithus questing btw is why I think BFA’s HvA initial premise is great. People are so very passionate about it. There wouldn’t be this much back and forth if it was just pure evil N’zoth being the main focus of the entire xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ame_feel_like/

Seems like the scaling feedback isn't bad as it initially was.
    I think even those people who want instant leveling are blowing it way out of proportion. I’ve read quite a few anecdotal pieces from people saying they are in the end leveling at the same speed as pre-7.3.5. You just need to pick the right zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Speed of this thread debating the Silithus questing btw is why I think BFA’s HvA initial premise is great. People are so very passionate about it. There wouldn’t be this much back and forth if it was just pure evil N’zoth being the main focus of the entire xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

I think even those people who want instant leveling are blowing it way out of proportion. I’ve read quite a few anecdotal pieces from people saying they are in the end leveling at the same speed as pre-7.3.5. You just need to pick the right zones.
    I think the difference is, people are used to just sitting in SW/Org and waiting for queue to pop and then just kill stuff, while now questing is competitive in leveling speed and requires a bit more attention.

And I was about to make the same statement for HvA. A lot of people initially hated it, but most of MMO-C is now passionately defending their faction.

I think it’s easy to say “I don’t care about HvA”, but no one is going to be completely unbiased in who is right and who is wrong so if someone gives a differing opinion the natural reaction will be to defend your position.

Idk what Alliance player, after seeing the Horde cinematic and comments by Nathanos, wouldn’t want to be able to kill them. Especially Nathanos. And plot armor can definitely get people riled up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I think it’s easy to say “I don’t care about HvA”, but no one is going to be completely unbiased in who is right and who is wrong so if someone gives a differing opinion the natural reaction will be to defend your position.

Idk what Alliance player, after seeing the Horde cinematic and comments by Nathanos, wouldn’t want to be able to kill them. Especially Nathanos. And plot armor can definitely get people riled up.
    But that's the point. HvA seemed like a bad expansion hook in November to a lot(or were neutral), but now with further development in legion a lot of people are getting hooked on the theme and are invested in discussions.