Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No, this content will likely be faceroll-able as always (that's nothing more than a glorified Scenario), so that would mean the guy sending troops would always lose.
    If other players find those NPCs, maybe. Some might need a group and PvE questers mostly quest alone. They might be up for a short moment of time so there's no time to look for people.

They could do so many things that might make the outcome unexpected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    A) Vulpera needs to be a playable race
    B) If they cant be Shamans or Warlocks I'm going to go become an emo
    C) If they're Ally I will legit faction change my toons to become one
    D) I like Vulpera...
    Good news is you probably won't have to become an emo because they probably won't be a playable race for a long time. Next expansion if you're lucky but 'never' is more likely considering the amount of work that would need done to make them fit into existing gear.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What's this talk I hear of some somethin resembling Order halls making a return in BFA?
    It seems to be a specific "war room" found in the capitals (In Zuldazar it was a room off of the throne room iirc). You apparently send units on war campaigns, basically troop movements and picking battlefronts to fight on.

We don't yet know if there will be collectable followers, upgrading or equipping them etc. but they are certainly keeping *some* level of Order Hall/Garrison functionality.

I for one, am glad as I enjoyed both iterations so far and welcome a 3rd phase of it thats hopefully a bit more streamlined but gives me more stuff to do ingame and out of game(App).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Good news is you probably won't have to become an emo because they probably won't be a playable race for a long time. Next expansion if you're lucky but 'never' is more likely considering the amount of work that would need done to make them fit into existing gear.
    They are using the goblin skeleton.....

Just fit those ears in, or don't. Blizzard still hasn't fixed horns,antlers, ears etc. clipping head armor on various races.

Vulpera and armor fitting is pretty much a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I want Vulpera Demon Hunter. I know its a very long shot, but you know, a man can dream.

Just helm slot [emoji14] boots could be trouble but that is easily done as trolls draenei. And yeah as every other race collection models. The more unique race they have with diff type of model and skelet the more work is required. Dunno would goblin helms fit?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    about Malfurion's fate:
    it seems Malfurion survived the attack on Teldrassil. Looks like he went to Mt. Hyjal and is being hunted by the Horde.

dialogue leak from the frontpage

Unknown_Male: Wisps are dangerous only in large numbers, can we kill enough them Warchief?
    Unknown_Female: Not enough to matter. But we can disperse them.
    Unknown_Female: Saurfang, take some of our troops and go into Felwood. Find or make path over the mountain into Darkshore, but leave the siege weapons under my command.
    Unknown_Female: We will squeeze Malfurion from both sides.
    Unknown_Male: How many smugglers do you know, Blightcaller?
    Unknown_Male: I beg your pardon?
    Unknown_Male: I am not so naive to believe that Everlook gets all of its cargo via ship routes from Azshara. There has to be a hidden route somewhere through Felwood.
    Unknown_Male: Most smugglers will not want the attention of the high overlord, but I do know of somebody who is more loyal to the horde than their profits.
    Unknown_Female: Then it is decided. Saurfang, Nathanos - you are to leave at once.
    Unknown_Female: $n, let's keep the remainder of Malfurion's army busy.
    Well this dialogue clearly involves Sylvanas, Nathanos and Saurfang and greatly reinforces the hint about Saurfang being the huge orc in the Teldrassil art (the one where the tree is still healthy) alongside Sylvanas (easily recognizable) and quite surely Nathanos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

True though from what I've seen they just look like Goblins with a different face and skin colour... I'll stay Panda for now then

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What's this talk I hear of some somethin resembling Order halls making a return in BFA?
    there were files about table missions and i think some of the boats from draenor.

I'm confident that they are going to have a system similar to the legion mission table, but with the naval port aesthetic.

apparently part of hte reason they ally with the zandalari is their Navy, and the Kul Tirans are famous for theirs.

before the only thing conected to that was the island expeditions.

it makes sense, the system works, being able to set up rewards that are ready when you log in the next day has been a good way of dealing with certain forms of content, so its probably coming back that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    It seems to be a specific "war room" found in the capitals (In Zuldazar it was a room off of the throne room iirc). You apparently send units on war campaigns, basically troop movements and picking battlefronts to fight on.

We don't yet know if there will be collectable followers, upgrading or equipping them etc. but they are certainly keeping *some* level of Order Hall/Garrison functionality.

I for one, am glad as I enjoyed both iterations so far and welcome a 3rd phase of it thats hopefully a bit more streamlined but gives me more stuff to do ingame and out of game(App).
    one thing that improved it alot was the 100+ percent system.

it allowed you to tackle missions you were barely ready for, but gave you a ton of benefit if later you were able to breeze through em.

i think the main drawback of the naval yard (other than finding counters, without a addon) was the destruction system. if they use vitality like they did with troops in legion i think it will be good
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Could be they are not mission tables like in WoD and Legion but something akin to DA:I table used to open up specific questlines and advance the war campaign. So a tool to timegate or facilitate choices rather than out-of-game content.
    From datamining we know their is definitely some similarities to garrison/orders because the missions have counters that require certain unit types. I imagine they'll continue to provide missions that give resources like Azerite or Gold and possibly the usual raid dungeon caches. As the story/campaign progress we'll prob get access to new units from ground troops, archers, siege weapons etc.

Like order hall lite.

Deleted
    Wishing they would implement some sort of rewards for actually playing and testing alpha/beta in order to have more people play to find bugs and create a better balance. This would be hard to monitor, as just playing the game and not contributing by writing posts about it doesn't really help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamme View Post
    Wishing they would implement some sort of rewards for actually playing and testing alpha/beta in order to have more people play to find bugs and create a better balance. This would be hard to monitor, as just playing the game and not contributing by writing posts about it doesn't really help anyone.
    Its been said before but when members of the public get access to a test environment, the version they are playing is generally 2-3 builds behind internal dev platforms and thus has already been tested heavily by internal QA teams. The likelihood of a random streamer/youtuber/regular player finding something that isn't a known issue or already being tracked on a bug list by internal QA teams is extremely low.

The reason we have streamers/youtubers in alpha now is to publicize the product, not for bug finding. When us general public plebs get access in large volumes we're there purely for stability and load testing, nothing more. This is precisely why Blizzard choose their "testers" in this way, they have paid employees to do the grunt work and are not reliant on the public to bug report every typo, terrain clipping issue or missing texture

The kind of white knight testing your referring to, is only relevant on indie projects where the developers don't have massive studios filled with internal QA teams and external third party testers they hire. So they need the mass public to get in and report issues. This is not something Blizzard require so our contribution to bug reporting is for the most part irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They also promised more customization for base races which is nowhere to be seen.
    I'm sure they'll implement that right after the dance studio.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Yeah that wouldn't make much sense, and can you still get the items and what not from the vendor to get your better gear?
    Kinda like the Quartermaster?
    Nightborne start with exalted Nightfallen so should be able to buy everything from the quartermaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Teldrassil stuff is likely to be in the actual 8.0 patch (or even earlier if 8.0 is just doing Undecity stuff) so you're months away from finding anything useful.

It's not about encrypted data, it's about the fact that it probably isn't even really that far into development.
    BfA Alpha is the 8.0 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nightborne start with exalted Nightfallen so should be able to buy everything from the quartermaster.
    Funny that they start Exalted, but Highmountain are only Friendly.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Alpha testers - How do you get back to Kil'Tiras once you've ported back to the old world ?

Setting a Hearthstone to a KT town doesn't seem to work - you use it and it ports you back to Stormwind.
    I tried the bread crumb quest to Kul'Tiras but partway through the prison break quest I died and find myself in graveyard zero (aka Westfall)

Halp.

Deleted
    anyone in eu got a invite? maybe only streamers for eu?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    No, I got an invite, not a streamer. Can't link pics yet, because my connection was shitty today and I wasn't able to download fully yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    Alpha testers - How do you get back to Kil'Tiras once you've ported back to the old world ?

Setting a Hearthstone to a KT town doesn't seem to work - you use it and it ports you back to Stormwind.
    I tried the bread crumb quest to Kul'Tiras but partway through the prison break quest I died and find myself in graveyard zero (aka Westfall)

Halp.
    I went with "Delete character and make a new character". Foolproof!

Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    EU here, we got invites some time during the night.

7+ Year Old Account
    TFW you got the client downloaded but account isnt flagged...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    TFW you got the client downloaded but account isnt flagged...
    where do you download the client without a invite?