10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It hinges on the complete 180 of a character to such an absurd level, kinda hard to even consider it a theory.
    to be fair you can't expect to reason with somebody who genuinely latches on to a theory that's a meme

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughing skull only temporarily worked with them, and it wasn't a love for them.

People still treating the "Orcs for Alliance !11" seriously though, lol.
    I wouldn't even be mad if we got Ally Orcs. I'd be too busy laughing my ass off at the bad comedy of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    to be fair you can't expect to reason with somebody who genuinely latches on to a theory that's a meme
    Honestly, I think people advocate for that swap only for the lulz. Humans are face of Alliance, Orcs are face of the Horde. If they would go to opposing factions, lines would get blurred so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Lookin' good, Mag'har! They'll fit in great with the Alliance.

How do you do, fellow Alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Honestly, I think people advocate for that swap only for the lulz. Humans are face of Alliance, Orcs are face of the Horde. If they would go to opposing factions, lines would get blurred so hard.
    unfortunately tristannarutofan isn't known for latching on to silly things for the lulz, so you have at least one person who actually is going for the theory

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    So the question is: what's more profitable? A single subscription covering WoW Retail and Classic or a separate subscription for the two. The former has the benefits of ensuring stable subs numbers, offering Classic-centric players an easy gateway into trying new updates, potentially leading to more expansion, token, and cash shop purchases, while also giving some Retail-centric players a reason to stay subscribed during content droughts through an alternate version of the game. The latter benefits from doubling subscription income from the number of players that subscribe to both.

Of course I think the former is preferable because it's ultimately a more consumer-friendly option. But even with that aside, I don't think it's much of a stretch to suggest that a single subscription might be more profitable in the long run. I'm not sure if the sizes of the CEO's hearts need to change at all for it to still be a likely option.
    You know... it's entirely probable they'll split the difference for a "Consumer Friendly" option that still nets them more cash every month?

Pay $15 a month to play WoWL, or $15 a month to play WoWC, or $25 a month for both, and then some kind of benefit-scale tied to your WoWL account based on your WoWC account's activities?

Present it as a discounted subscription and throw in some infinitely replaceable digital goodies and you can go from there. For example a month's supply of Rested XP pots for WoWL so the time you've been spending on WoWC doesn't negatively impact your Live Account's leveling time. Or some kind of Valor-Equivalent for old-content completed on the WoWC Account granted to your Live Account if they're connected through the Battle.Net App.

Maybe taking down C'thun in an AQ40 Raid on WoWC could award a title of some kind on WoWL?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Just like Legion was the last hurrah of the Legion, BfA might be the last hurrah of the faction war.

It might not happen immediately, but I could see this war weakening both sides to the point where the inevitable "stop fighting you dickheads" and a possible blurring of faction lines ends up with the survivors just becoming a single faction in the face of the Void Lords.

Either that or we'll get a third faction that claims to be sick of the faction war but gets sucked into it because game mechanics anyway.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    You know... it's entirely probable they'll split the difference for a "Consumer Friendly" option that still nets them more cash every month?

Pay $15 a month to play WoWL, or $15 a month to play WoWC, or $25 a month for both, and then some kind of benefit-scale tied to your WoWL account based on your WoWC account's activities?

Present it as a discounted subscription and throw in some infinitely replaceable digital goodies and you can go from there. For example a month's supply of Rested XP pots for WoWL so the time you've been spending on WoWC doesn't negatively impact your Live Account's leveling time. Or some kind of Valor-Equivalent for old-content completed on the WoWC Account granted to your Live Account if they're connected through the Battle.Net App.

Maybe taking down C'thun in an AQ40 Raid on WoWC could award a title of some kind on WoWL?
    This is the BFA thread, not the Classic server thread.

5+ Year Old Account
    Weh.

The thread is full of unrelated discussions 'cause conversations meander.

Particularly when we're waiting for more information.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 20 dollars is more palatable, and you still have to sub to live wow, just have to pay 20 if you want both.

- - - Updated - - -

It would probably take years to remake both continents at the level of Legion. Im expecting something closer to cata zones. Decent looking, but the real benefit is new quests etc. That is if they are revamping anything at all. Doubt they ever will.

7+ Year Old Account
    tbh the orcs are not the face of the horde anymore, look our leader

but the meme is shit anyway, and people should be ashamed to keep going on with this, cause there are people genuinely believing in this

I'm here to read if there is anything new about Alpha and all I see is this classic stuff? Where are the mods when you need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I'm here to read if there is anything new about Alpha and all I see is this classic stuff? Where are the mods when you need them.
    There isn't anything new right now, so we often go off topic. It's semi-casual that way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There isn't anything new right now, so we often go off topic. It's semi-casual that way.
    Well I didn't know that. Might aswell just keep reading wowhead since the forum seems to be so hard concept for people. I actually noticed that there is atleast 5 pages of stupid shit that has nothing to do with alpha. This thread whole purpose is Alpha and Beta discussion so I dont get why the fuck you have to fill it with offtopic.

It hinges on the complete 180 of a character to such an absurd level, kinda hard to even consider it a theory.
    Not just that, but what connection does Saurfang even have with Draenor Orcs? Far as we know he didn't even go the the place. If this was the Mag'har it would be enough of a long shot as it is, but the Frostwolves and/or Laughing Skull joining the Alliance is a massive stretch, and every other Clan has been decimated.

Deleted
    You could always try the frontpage. This thread isn't a fucking blog with alpha changes.

maybe a stupid question, but why the hell are ppl talking about wow classic in a BfA alpha/beta thread ???

seems like its always the same with mmoc mods: for every small shit of a wrong word, or something that discuss blizzard in a negative way, they are there instantly to ban and close. but when the offtopic rule is obviously hard disrespected, they are nowhere, for 20 pages. and now you can give me your 5 point ban for discussing moderators. lulz. or instead, do your fukin job!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-02-18 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    You could always try the frontpage. This thread isn't a fucking blog with alpha changes.
    Yeah it definetly seems to be a fucking blog about everything else. World revamp. Classic. Its like a chat room here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    maybe you go „offtopic“ in a complete forum section, we have for that ? and just say nothing, when there is nothing to say, for that topic here? maaaaayybe, this could be an alternative.... maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

yes. and now let us repeat this 10 times: „this is the BfA thread. this is not the classic server thread.“

otherwise, i switch over to the classic forum and bomb you with live and BfA shit, until you puke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it definetly seems to be a fucking blog about everything else. World revamp. Classic. Its like a chat room here.
    We all did this last year to, so you're new to it and must not know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi