Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wowhead summed it up pretty nicely.

That's exactly what's happening here. Blizz is bringing back the Paladin-Shaman split. It's why I've become increasingly convinced that next expansion instead of 1 new class we'll get 2. They'll pull a ToR on us and give us the same numbers, but with two entirely different naming schemes and animation sets.
    If that's the reason, that's unbelievably silly. Can't open Pandora's Box, and some weak, forced parallel to the old way of things serves.. what purpose, exactly?

Tauren and Blood Elf Paladins will still exist.

They need to stop trying to cling to Classic or bring Classic themes back when they're already working on literally a Classic server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Vrykul?
    I think he means High Elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    "faction identity" is this why they just added night elves to the Horde, and have undead high elf for Warchief? That identity is already broken. And one extra class choice wouldn't hurt it :/
    What twitter account is the best to ask this question.. I made one purely for these types of things, so let me know and Il try to help as much as possible..

Regarding the troll Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Don't get me started on what we SHOULD OF gotten in place of Void Elves -_-
    Well velves grown on me I like their aesthetics, but I believe they could make a compromise and add pinkish skin hues for choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    If that's the reason, that's unbelievably silly. Can't open Pandora's Box, and some weak, forced parallel to the old way of things serves.. what purpose, exactly?

Tauren and Blood Elf Paladins will still exist.

They need to stop trying to cling to Classic or bring Classic themes back when they're already working on literally a Classic server.
    Well I believe he is also yeard late for that. And honestly I don't get how Zandaladins and Dark Iron shaman could possibly shake faction identity. If anything Zandalari would help to decrease rampaging belf population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What twitter account is the best to ask this question.. I made one purely for these types of things, so let me know and Il try to help as much as possible..

Regarding the troll Paladin
    I'm on my way for that too. But I believe the best argument for that would be "I thought you said you'll add classes that fits races, and now you wirte them off on purpose because... what? "
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Why would Dark Iron be shamans? They were enslaved by the elements and wouldn't have much reverence for them.
    They summoned Ragnaros. That alone gives them far more Shaman credentials than Goblins or spacegoats.

While I definitely think Dark Irons should get Shamans, I think that was more Mage than Shaman involved with summoning Rag. Especially considering how old that lore is.

Ragnaros was summoned by Thaurissan and seven of his most powerful fellows, and all eight of them were incinerated immediately. Ragnaros then proceeded to enslave the remaining Dark Irons. I dunno if the rest of them would've been big on working with the elements after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wowhead summed it up pretty nicely.

That's exactly what's happening here. Blizz is bringing back the Paladin-Shaman split. It's why I've become increasingly convinced that next expansion instead of 1 new class we'll get 2. They'll pull a ToR on us and give us the same numbers, but with two entirely different naming schemes and animation sets.
    I'm okay with this tbh. It was one of the best things about swtor, and I wouldn't mind seeing how each race approaches certain classes in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Faction identity?

The Horde is more Elf dominated than the "beastial" races now. You have an Undead High Elf leading too.

Plus we have faux Blood Elves on the Alliance now too with the fake race "Void Elves".

Faction identity is all but dead.
    I'd agree with this more if to this day Alliance didn't automatically equate to human and human architecture and Horde being Orcs and spikes on everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I'm okay with this tbh. It was one of the best things about swtor, and I wouldn't mind seeing how each race approaches certain classes in WoW.
    That wasn't really the best approach. Gameplay if a Jedi Knight DPS and a Sith Warrior DPS was more or less the same.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Faction identity?

The Horde is more Elf dominated than the "beastial" races now. You have an Undead High Elf leading too.

Plus we have faux Blood Elves on the Alliance now too with the fake race "Void Elves".

Faction identity is all but dead.
    Sylvanas is Warchief right now, and there's something I've realized by now. After reading the forums.

Faction identity has been dead for a long time. The Night Elf fans are Night Elf fans, the Dwarf fans are Dwarf fans. Where once the Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren stood largely united, they're now Orc, Troll, and Tauren fans.

"Alliance" fans are just Human fans by now, with maybe some High elf fans too. Perhaps this is how it was always meant to be.

Faction identity is dead. Long live racial identity!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Sylvanas is Warchief right now, and there's something I've realized by now. After reading the forums.

Faction identity has been dead for a long time. The Night Elf fans are Night Elf fans, the Dwarf fans are Dwarf fans. Where once the Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren stood largely united, they're now Orc, Troll, and Tauren fans.

"Alliance" fans are just Human fans by now, with maybe some High elf fans too. Perhaps this is how it was always meant to be.

Faction identity is dead. Long live racial identity!
    Can't go by reading the forums for anything. It's too small of a size to determine it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Long live racial identity!
    That's only because they're desperately clinging to whatever individuality Blizzard haven't yet written out.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just wondering too will my Zandalari Troll be friendly towards the Zandalari Trolls on Zuldazar?
    Also what about the Pandaria Trolls?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Can't go by reading the forums for anything. It's too small of a size to determine it.
    Look, faction identity is a decaying thing. It was strongest before Cataclysm. During Cataclysm it became more toxic, but the core of it weakened. Shitflinging has never been the same as passion.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-26 at 12:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Btw, someone still have the giff of the Straight back orc walking?

Look, faction identity is a decaying thing. It was strongest before Cataclysm. During Cataclysm it became more toxic, but the core of it weakened. Shitflinging has never been the same as passion.
    faction identity was ok until MOP/WoD ( even when they tried to switch the orc leadership for a troll one and make a high king for the alliance), only in Legion everything goes to shit, i feel dirty and disgusted playing on the horde now, and the Alliance was pushed too far into the human agenda putting anduin as high king when there is no sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Btw, someone still have the giff of the Straight back orc walking?

faction identity was ok until MOP/WoD ( even when they tried to switch the orc leadership for a troll one and make a high king for the alliance), only in Legion everything goes to shit, i feel dirty and disgusted playing on the horde now, and the Alliance was pushed too far into the human agenda putting anduin as high king when there is no sense of it.
    Sure, but Cataclysm is where the decay started.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but Cataclysm is where the decay started.
    rly? i think it started on WoD

i was not very active in WtLK, but i was in Cataclysm , and damn was great for faction identity and faction pride, where even the elves shout for the horde, was very toxic indeed but the game was very popular back then, so it was expected, that was a rly good time to play Horde or alliance, Alliance with Varian attacking the horde, and Garrosh and the Horde attacking back.

One of my favorite zones quests was when you go to the Twilight Highlands, and Garrosh start a fight again the alliance in the middle of a dragon attack, damn that was fun, and the whole thing about Dragonmawn orcs x Wildhammer dwarfs.

Yeah im biased as fuck about Cata, the alliance x horde zones there are my favorites, i like those mirrored scenarios, and i think it should be always like that

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I'm just wondering too will my Zandalari Troll be friendly towards the Zandalari Trolls on Zuldazar?
    Also what about the Pandaria Trolls?
    This is where gameplay gets blocked more lore.

Lore wise when you start a zandalar the events that happened on zandalar already happened, much like the nightborne but gameplay wise you play through it again. This is probably why there's a max rep requirement for it so it lines up story wise.

As for the pandaren I imagine it's the same thing as the horde in general with the zandalar. They were enemies for such a long time and they killed members of the horde all the time. It's more one of those "look towards the future not the past" moments
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    Ragnaros was summoned by Thaurissan and seven of his most powerful fellows, and all eight of them were incinerated immediately. Ragnaros then proceeded to enslave the remaining Dark Irons. I dunno if the rest of them would've been big on working with the elements after that.
    Well that didn't stop the Orcs from being Warlocks despite the whole demon blood thing. It didn't stop the Night Elves from taking the Highborne mages back in despite Azshara's shenanigans 10k years ago. I'm sure I could find other examples.

The point is, for a race to be a class doesn't necessarily require that every member of said race approves of said class, just that enough of the race could conceivably practice the craft of the class. And given that normal Dwarves can be Shamans, that Draenei can be Shamans despite having 0 history of such before crash landing, that Goblins can somehow be Shamans, I really fail to see why this stops the Dark Iron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Zandalari Paladins would sure as hell reduce the number of Blood Elves jerking around Orgrimmar. Faction identity? Do something like that to cut the herd of elves down and maybe you have actually done something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.