10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    uhhhhhhhhhhh
    Yeah I think at best Vol'Jin and Tyra would just shake hands and be bros but not THAT friendly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    "Human pet" really? Tyrathan wasn't misplaced and was just as complex a character as Vol'jin was. Their characters had a symbiotic relationship through the entire book and not only did they help each other find balance as they proved to be both honorable and noble and showing that a good relationship can transcend faction or race. They are probably one of my favorite friendships in lore.
    I kind of agree. To be an asspulled character meant to make the novel feel less Horde-centric, Tyrathan was remarkably well written. Hell, if only half of Blizzard's characters would be developed and handled like that this game would have quite another face.

Seriously, I really hope Stackpole will write more Warcraft material in the future. He turned what could have easily been a forgettable story into a very interesting piece of writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

uhhhhhhhhhhh
    it's not like we haven't seen steamy pictures on this forums that had Garrosh and Varian in it :P
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    uhhhhhhhhhhh
    This gave me Vietnam-like flashbacks to when people drawn Tirion and Eitrigg in...well, uncomfortably intimate situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This gave me Vietnam-like flashbacks to when people drawn Tirion and Eitrigg in...well, uncomfortably intimate situations.
    I hate that I probably know the exact image you're referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

This was probably posted here but.... UPRIGHT FORSAKEN ANIMATIONS :OOOO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8k4glSAIY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Certainly interesting, nice customization option.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That is new rig of animation, even jungle troll male has it too. I tested it in modelviewr.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I admit I've never seen a Tirion and Eitrigg pic.
    I wish that I had never heard about it now.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The whole Forsaken "upright animations" it's a little misleading, if you go to the Wowhead modelviewer you can see that Blizzard added a single upright walking animation called WAWalk to every race, it's just a custom walking animation that they are going to use at some point, people should only expect upright Orcs, nothing more, I can already see the butthurt of some people thinking that they will get upright forsaken or trolls or whatever ><!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Currently, the major characters on both factions were at least somewhat shown in Legion in some way. If someone were to play alliance, they see the characters on the horde through their somewhat limited interactions with them throughout the broken isles. As an alliance player, we see Sylvannas and Nathanos in Stormheim. We meet the Nightborne in Suramar, and meet Lady Liadrin along the way. Through these interactions we have a vague knowledge of who these characters are and what their personalities are.
    And those are faction/race leaders or at least top-tier commanders. Even Liadrin won't be killed as a raid boss for the Alliance, at most you get a Garrosh where both sides bring him down.

But no, that's "boring" unlike the one-dimensional 100% evil villains that will fail every expansion, right?
    Except that using the other faction as the major opponent also paints them as that one-dimensional villain that wants to destroy everything you love, at least if you only play that one faction (which many still do)
    And let's not forget that players want to defeat someone at the end of an expansion. That doesn't mesh with the "one side vs the other" of the Faction Conflict, a constant back and forth, with no clear winner lest you alienate half the playerbase. It worked in the RTS games because campaigns took place one after the other, and at least 1&2 had clear separations of "good" and evil". WC1 ended with a victory for the Horde, while WC2 ended with a victory for the Alliance.

Yes, the Legion and the Old Gods/Void Lords are pure evil, but new opponents don't have to be that way.
    The various Troll tribes, for example of an enemy that's already there, are not "evil" (excluding some examples like the Hakkari) but merely xenophobic, an old race whose world has been shrinking a lot in the past centuries (I doubt we'll see many "Troll raids" after Zandalar, though)
    If the Night Elves hadn't joined the Alliance, they could've been a similar adversary in that theoretical World of Warcraft without playable Elves.

If we ever go off-world again (please, Azeroth is only so big) we could encounter other advanced races and have conflicts with them over these new worlds, e.g. we get contacted by Draenei that got lost during the journey of Tempest Keep and/or remorseful Orcs that were sent to other worlds by Ner'zhul, or simply the Ethereals, and are informed about this world under siege by some race that's exploiting its resources - although I fear if that happens, they'll simply use the Void Ethereals.
    But even that would be more compelling than this "I hate you because my father hated your father!", Montague v Capulet feud.

Anyways, this isn't 100% an expansion about the faction war. The old gods are present and in the background, pulling strings from the sidelines. Which is completely enough for now.
    Yes, and that's why I discard the notions or even "hype" that this will be the expansion that brings back the Faction Conflict big time - it will either fade quickly, or be resolved quickly, without really affecting the players. In the end, players that follow the story will likely notice how it was stirred by OG interference, not by actual desire to re-ignite it by either faction.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I can already see the butthurt of some people thinking that they will get upright forsaken or trolls or whatever ><!
    They said that Darkspear trolls cant be upright because "that's just how they are"
    They should try explaining that to my troll who constantly goes upright when idle
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

uhhhhhhhhhhh
    If the thought of hot Troll on Human action doesn't excite you, we have nothing left to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    If the thought of hot Troll on Human action doesn't excite you, we have nothing left to say
    Stop, get some help.

Warrior-Magi

moderator snip. stop derailing the thread.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2018-03-01 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    The whole Forsaken "upright animations" it's a little misleading, if you go to the Wowhead modelviewer you can see that Blizzard added a single upright walking animation called WAWalk to every race, it's just a custom walking animation that they are going to use at some point, people should only expect upright Orcs, nothing more, I can already see the butthurt of some people thinking that they will get upright forsaken or trolls or whatever ><!
    Honestly, if it's compatible with all races, I don't see why it shouldn't be available for forsaken. Sure, it has less personality and flavour, but for some people it may be what kept them from playing an undead.

Darkspear may be too tall when using that animation, but if it's optional Blizzard may be fine with allowing players to apply it at the barbershop and switch back if the doors annoy them too much.

By the way, could someone post a gif or a video of a thin human with those animations? They may look a lot better.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2018-02-28 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    By the way, could someone post a gif or a video of a thin human with those animations? They may look a lot better.
    No video, but I checked it and it does look a bit better. Not a lot, though.

Trolls aren't this small. The scull should be twice the size of human one.

Ok but to change subject.

those new riggs and animations got me thinking. There is a chance Jungle troll guys might get a new one considering that WoD transition didn't end that well.

New ones. They're more upright than currently.

I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    can we like not?

Like someone remove that shit.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2018-03-01 at 04:10 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So new build pushed to servers. Don’t know if it’s the dev or alpha.
    Build number is: 8.0.1.26141