Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Yes? Why would they put assets for the second raid when it probably won't be unlocked until at least 4-5 months after launch?
    If I recall correctly, the entire Nighthold was mostly done and designed with the launch of Legion, but we still got Trial of Valor (which nobody expected) before it even came out.

That said my memory of that chain of events -might- be failing.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm saying its ridiculous that they would be putting so much development time into races that aren't even a part of the game until months after launch... six months before launch.
    Yes? Why would they put assets for the second raid when it probably won't be unlocked until at least 4-5 months after launch?
    Because it's still part of launch content even if it doesn't unlock for months afterwards, and by that time they need to be working on the next major patch. They have time to do it now but they won't have time after launch, because as I said they need that time for further content like 8.2.

It's the same reason why Nighthold was in the game as early as Legion's pre-patch but didn't open until 7+ months later.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-03-18 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    If I recall correctly, the entire Nighthold was mostly done and designed with the launch of Legion, but we still got Trial of Valor (which nobody expected) before it even came out.

Yes, you're right. I don't think Blizzard will end up doing the same for BfA though, if they were we would have definitely seen something in regards to the second raid by now. I'd imagine NH was in the files so early because either they wanted it launched sooner than it did, and/or they decided to change the way they were doing raid releases mid-development.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Because it's still part of launch content even if it doesn't unlock for months afterwards, and by that time they need to be working on the next major patch. They have time to do it now but they won't have time after launch, because as I said they need that time for further content like 8.2.

It's the same reason why Nighthold was in the game as early as Legion's pre-patch but didn't open until 7+ months later.
    Yes, the first raid is part of the launch content. The second raid isn't.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-18 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Yes, the first raid is part of the launch content. The second raid isn't.
    By "launch content" I mean the content the expansion launches with - the intitial content, before any patches have been released. Nighthold, Blackrock Foundry and Heart of Fear were all part of the initial patch and are thus launch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    By "launch content" I mean the content the expansion launches with - the intitial content, before any patches have been released. Nighthold, Blackrock Foundry and Heart of Fear were all part of the initial patch and are thus launch content.
    Okay, that has nothing to do with what is being said right now.

The only assets in the files that MIGHT be second raid tier are Azshara and the various new old god minion models. Maybe Zul, and Lady Ashvane if you think she survives Kul Tiras (she was removed from the Boralus dungeon)

I'd love a fight that is both of them at once.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-03-18 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Why would the Tirasians launch without the Zandalari? Given the lore for this expansion, it's clear - at least to me - that the Zandalari and Tirasians are mirrors for each other (while the Mag'har and the Dark Irons are mirrors for WoD).
    cus like i said 3 times already

they advertised zandalari and dark iron at the same time

things dont need to be even

The zandalari came to the horde for help and the Dark iron are already allies

The kul tirans hate the alliance and dont feel indebted to them at all until after we save their entire island, and Saurfang needs time to approach the Mag'har who might not want to go to another planet to fight

its right there on the official page.

Zandalari and Dark Irons in the 'bostler your ranks"

- - - Updated - - -

people keep asking this but havent given one single reason why kul tiran and zandalari would be at the same time other than the fact that they both control the islands we are going to , to which blizzard and i go "so?"
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2018-03-18 at 07:59 PM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    The zandalari came to the horde for help
    No, they didn't. In fact, you're only accepted since you just rescued their princess and she asked for you to be allowed to stay.

Alliance has to prove themselves to Katherine Proudmoore, Horde has to prove themselves to Rastakhan. Both are the exact same kind of story with a twist midway that seperates the Alliance/Horde plot progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    But in regards to story progression, Dark Iron and Zandalari make more sense to be released first, especially given the context of the first raid. Kul'Tiras humans' story will probably be tied to Azshara and would make more sense to be released in the second wave.

hmmm well i was going through the broadcast text to try to find what i thought i saw before. But if the zandalari werent on their way to see the horde when they got ambushed i see no reason why the Alliance would even bother with them

Regardless the other stuff i said is all true. I'd be happier if KTs came first

but between the promo material , the fact the dark iron content is almost all finished, the fact that the two leaders of the zandalari are indebted to us, while KT literally sends the player and the Alliance ambassador to prison, all implies heavily it will be just like they said
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm saying its ridiculous that they would be putting so much development time into races that aren't even a part of the game until months after launch... six months before launch.
    They put "so much development time" in every part of the contents: raid, dungeons, WQ, new zones... Why its not "ridiculous" put so much development time for a new raid or a new zone but it is ridiculous" for a new race?

Whats the purpose of this Allied Races? They are content to fill the gap between big patchs...

Move players way from BfA contents for weeks, just to exp in the old Azeroth, don't look a smart move to me. Its the reason why I think Allied Races will be add slowly during all BfA.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

It is not failing. Nighthold was already being tested in the early days of Legion, its boss models, mechanics and locations were already mostly complete when we got the pre-patch a month before Legion launched which is more than six months before the raid actually opened.

Trial of Valor was not quite the same due to the simple fact that the vast majority of the art assets were already in the game.

I don’t think Nighthold can be compared with the likely Azshara 2nd raid since as mentioned above there are zero assets datamined for it while Nighthold had its entire dungeon journal and I believe was even tested in beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    cus like i said 3 times already

they advertised zandalari and dark iron at the same time

things dont need to be even

The zandalari came to the horde for help and the Dark iron are already allies

The kul tirans hate the alliance and dont feel indebted to them at all until after we save their entire island, and Saurfang needs time to approach the Mag'har who might not want to go to another planet to fight

its right there on the official page.

Zandalari and Dark Irons in the 'bostler your ranks"

- - - Updated - - -

people keep asking this but havent given one single reason why kul tiran and zandalari would be at the same time other than the fact that they both control the islands we are going to , to which blizzard and i go "so?"
    It was heavily implied they have the same general requirements to unlock in BFA. Both require taking awhile to “earn their trust.”

The official page is very outdated at this point. Mag’har and Kul Tirans aren’t in there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is not confirmed for the second raid. Azshara is confirmed to be an enemy at sometime -after- the first raid.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

That is why I said likely. Point was though, whatever the 2nd raid is, not a single thing has been datamined related to it. No bosses, map names, weapon models, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Azshara is not confirmed for the second raid. Azshara is confirmed to be an enemy at sometime -after- the first raid.
    yes, you've mentioned it before. not the point of the discussion right now m'boi

To me the biggest argument against early DIDs and Mag’har Orcs is: the current relation of the DIDs with the Alliance is not clear. This makes it very hard to make any definitive statementents about them being questgivers as actually meaningful.

And there have been no fully confirmed Mag’har Orcs in Alpha yet. There are Draenei Rangari but it’s not a 100% certainty they only come from AU.

I think the biggest arguments for them releasing early is 1. It makes sense story wise as they very likely aren’t going to be relevant for the story so it’s far easier to dump them in early like the first 4 who also won’t play a major role in the story.

2. Their development is nearly ready to launch now. Why delay longer than needed? Dark Irons and brown Orcs have been requested for a looooong time. Along with upright Orcs.
    Last edited by Ningjinq; 2018-03-18 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    i want beta now

I would not consider BlizzCon statements or the official site as relevant since I’m pretty sure that if they had known they were going to add Mag’har and Kul Tirans they would’ve announced them at BlizzCon.