Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What the hell does that even mean? WC3 lore is still better than the shitshow we have now, i hope it's seedlings lasts longer.
    16 years of hanging onto the same old lore developments and racial portrayals.....

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    16 years of hanging onto the same old lore developments and racial portrayals.....
    Have you ever heard of the tragedy of the night elves?

Have you ever heard of the tragedy of the night elves?
    Bingo. Complaining about "Not muh racist elves!!" is the equivalent of a grandparent dribbling his oatmeal out of his mouth telling kids to turn down their music.

Get fucking over it. It's been over a DECADE.

Because the current direction is regressing to Warcraft 2. People wanted things to move towards the future, but it's been forced to go back. Warcraft 3 would be a strep into the future with how far the story's regressed since then.

Bingo. Complaining about "Not muh racist elves!!" is the equivalent of a grandparent dribbling his oatmeal out of his mouth telling kids to turn down their music.

I will never get over the butchering of lore, no matter how stunning and brave you may think it is.

Also respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Because the current direction is regressing to Warcraft 2. People wanted things to move towards the future, but it's been forced to go back. Warcraft 3 would be a strep into the future with how far the story's regressed since then.
    Yeah, when I think of evil angel aliens and holy zombies and tentacle monsters, WC2 comes to mind.

We're never having a non-faction hugs and kisses exploration game if that's what you mean. Even if we end the faction war after N'zoth we'll still kill and hate each other until the end of time.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Yeah, how dare she let herself be murdered. Also, talking about a coward when Sylvannas would abandon anyone if it gave her one more day to live...

Also I'm curious, they added Calia in legion and she said she had no interest in Lorderan, and now she does?
    I know it's the super cool hot "in" thing right now to talk out of your asses about how evil and terrible Slyvanas is - but you honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Her motivation has nothing to do with HER having one more day to live.

NEWS FLASH, champ - SHE WAS READY TO KILL HERSELF AFTER WE DEFEATED ARTHAS.
    She literally threw herself off of Icecrown, believing the fall would kill her, because she felt her mission of defeating the Lich King was finished.
    At NO POINT did she show any interest in becoming some kind of "Lich Queen."
    At NO POINT did she somehow indicate that she wanted to become immortal, or that "living one more day" was important to her.

She views her existence as a curse, and the ONLY REASON she allowed herself to be resurrected was because she finally was made to understand how much HER PEOPLE - THE FORSAKEN - need her. They need her to protect them, to champion their cause, to help them from going extinct - because LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IS ON THEIR SIDE. Even their Horde allies hate and detest them, and put up with them singularly out of convenience - with the possible exception of the Blood Elves. The only reason she would have to care about "living one more day" is the knowledge that without her, NO ONE ELSE is really capable of protecting the Forsaken people from all the other living races that want to see them wiped out.

I honestly don't get where all of you people come up with this nonsense about her being some power hungry tyrant who's only motivated by her own needs and desires - when in reality every single thing she has done since freeing herself and the Forsaken from Athas' control was TO PROTECT THOSE PEOPLE. Every single time she has tried to grab for more power, it has been in the interest of better serving the Forsaken people who look to her for protection and acceptance. Every single attempt she had made to find new ways to stave off death, or bring the dead back to life, has been in the interest of finding a way for the forsaken people WHO CAN NOT PROCREATE not to completely die out and cease to exist.

I'm sorry if you don't like her character.
    I'm sorry if you don't agree with her motivations.

But for the love of the fucking titans, just stop LYING about it.
    Stop making up nonsense that contradicts the actual quest-lines, cinematics, novels, and LORE of the game to justify your prejudice against the Forsaken and their leader. There are plenty of actual complaints one could make about how she does things, and every time you pull imaginary ones out of thin air it does the exact opposite of making your case stronger. It makes you look completely unhinged.

If you don't actually know the game's lore enough to make valid arguments and points, just stop talking.
    All the constant Slyvanas hate is really just getting pathetic at this point. If you're going to continue with the inane character assassination campaign, at least come up with some factually accurate rationale behind it. Stop with the intellectual dishonesty already.

The Dark Lady is many things - someone who would "abandon anyone if it meant having one more day to live" isn't one of them. If that was honestly her motivation, she would have abandoned the Forsaken years ago. Hell, if that was her motivation she would never have accepted the title of Warchief. Ponder why that is next time you get an urge to speak out of turn about a character half of you obviously don't grasp.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2018-05-16 at 08:50 PM.

It''s been a decade, and things are more regressive and broken than ever. This isn't about living in mud huts and "No elves allowed". This is about actually having a desire to be good people, and not be constantly undermined by internal treachery and irrational fear and hatred.

Give me progress. But don't give me the same fucking faction war with less and less good motivation each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, when I think of evil angel aliens and holy zombies and tentacle monsters, WC2 comes to mind.

We're never having a non-faction hugs and kisses exploration game if that's what you mean. Even if we end the faction war after N'zoth we'll still kill and hate each other until the end of time.
    Hugs and kisses? Fuck you. We can have a war for better reasons than this. Under a leader more respectable than this.

Ebaums = Ion Hazzikostas

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell are they using a map of kalimdor without uldum but the rest is post cata...

[IMG]https://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2018/may/bts05.png[IMG]
    Good question. Can that even be an accident? Any map post Cata surely has Uldum, so they can't have accidentally grabbed the wrong image right? What kind of fail happened to result in this.

Darkshore is also pre Cata, and Azshara looks like a wonky cross between the two.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Good question. Can that even be an accident? Any map post Cata surely has Uldum, so they can't have accidentally grabbed the wrong image right? What kind of fail happened to result in this.
    i don't know, makes no sense to me, in fact, even azshara looks different.

Either this is a horrible accident or they intentionally make it post cata without uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know, makes no sense to me, in fact, even azshara looks different.

Either this is a horrible accident or they intentionally make it post cata without uldum.
    Dang you quoted me too fast before I edited =P Yeah Azshara and Darkshore both
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Oh, and the second island in feralas hasn't sunk.

Ebaums = Ion Hazzikostas
    Nah, Ion is well spoken.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    She views her existence as a curse, and the ONLY REASON she allowed herself to be resurrected was because she finally was made to understand how much HER PEOPLE - THE FORSAKEN - need her. They need her to protect them, to champion their cause, to help them from going extinct - because LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IS ON THEIR SIDE.
    No. The reason she came back was because what awaited her on the other side was a hell. Even after being shown her people needed her, she still wanted to die. It was only after death was no longer an option that she decided to start caring about her people.

And now? Now we see that the Alliance is opening up to the idea of taking the Forsaken back. The only problem here is that it's looking to be influenced by the Naaru, who have their own agenda. Sylvanas still rules her people as a petty tyrant. Let's face the truth. Let's grow up.

We don't need mommy anymore.

And that's exactly why we don't need Calia and her Naaru either.

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    I know it's the super cool hot "in" thing right now to talk out of your asses about how evil and terrible Slyvanas is - but you honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Her motivation has nothing to do with HER having one more day to live.

NEWS FLASH, champ - SHE WAS READY TO KILL HERSELF AFTER WE DEFEATED ARTHAS.
    She literally threw herself off of Icecrown, believing the fall would kill her, because she felt her mission of defeating the Lich King was finished.
    At NO POINT did she show any interest in becoming some kind of "Lich Queen."
    At NO POINT did she somehow indicate that she wanted to become immortal, or that "living one more day" was important to her.
    She views her existence as a curse, and the ONLY REASON she allowed herself to be resurrected was because she finally was made to understand how much HER PEOPLE - THE FORSAKEN - need her. They need her to protect them, to champion their cause, to help them from going extinct - because LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IS ON THEIR SIDE. Even their Horde allies hate and detest them, and put up with them singularly out of convenience - with the possible exception of the Blood Elves.

I honestly don't get where all of you people come up with this nonsense about her being some power hungry tyrant who's only motivated by her own needs and desires - when in reality every single thing she has done since freeing herself and the Forsaken from Athas' control was TO PROTECT THOSE PEOPLE. Every single time she has tried to grab for more power, it has been in the interest of better serving the Forsaken people who look to her for protection and acceptance. Every single attempt she had made to find new ways to stave off death, or bring the dead back to life, has been in the interest of finding a way for the forsaken people WHO CAN NOT PROCREATE not to completely die out and cease to exist.

I'm sorry if you don't like her character.
    I'm sorry if you don't agree with her motivations.

But for the love of the fucking titans, STOP LYING ABOUT IT.
    If you don't actually know the game's lore enough to make valid arguments and points, just stop talking.

It's getting pathetic.
    Everything she's done since she realized she'd rot forever in hell is to survive long enough to never get there. She has repeatedly used the term 'arrows in a quiver' to describe the forsaken as a tool against death...

Also no interest in the lich queen? Have you not seen the whole "What makes you so different?" scene with Garrosh?

Lets break down her character.

A) Hated being raised into undeath
    B) did everything she could to seek revenge on Arthas for raising her
    C) Fails to get revenge because Arthas is killed before she gets there, kills herself afterwards thinking her mission is complete.
    D) Finds herself in hell and hates it.
    E) Gets returned to life and magically starts caring about the forsaken and starts randomly raising more despite viewing undeath as a curse.
    F) Continues to seek more powerful ways to raise beings into undeath, even seeking a way to enslave all valkyr to her service...

No she's nothing like the Lich King...

"But she wants to keep the forsaken people around..." She can do that by finding ways to grant those already around immortality, not by cursing others to the same existence. But here's the thing, she doesn't actually care about those she raises, otherwise she wouldn't seek a war when the opposing faction was willing to make peace.

Also, why keep raising people into undeath? That doesn't solve the procreation problem, all it does is maybe create the next forsaken who want to murder you for raising them. Heck the desolate council were the start of the forsaken realizing they could rule themselves because they finally started to see how morally wrong some of her actions were when she wasn't there to 'influence' them.
    Last edited by gcsmith; 2018-05-16 at 08:49 PM.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm really excited for the beta and hope they will invite me as I haven't been since cata haha

7+ Year Old Account

Kratos is boying in Orgrimmar
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraes View Post
    I'm really excited for the beta and hope they will invite me as I haven't been since cata haha
    My only problem with the beta is there isn't any analogue to the two bits I enjoyed most about legion. Suramar and the long quest chains "Light's heart illidan stuff" and "balance of power."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Kratos is boying in Orgrimmar
    That's adorable and it's not like the little Orc is wrong. Props to the devs for putting this reference in. I cracked a smile
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi