I have two theories on the Darkshore events contradicting each other.

1. Blizz is purposely doing that to mess with us and will change things on prepatch release to make more sense. They mentioned they were planning something cool story-wise, so I could see it being this. Only issue is whether this could cause a lot of bugs in the game with such a change.

2. The old gods are toying with the Alliance and Horde. Our perceptions of the events are skewed on both sides due to old god influence. This would work in their favor to pit us against each other in order to weaken both sides.

I read some where that Blizz is purposely putting fake quests in the beta to throw us off for live. So, maybe these Darkshore quests are part of that? If they are really doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I honestly think the draenic inquisition is one of the best and most interesting ideas of the expansion. It shows a whole new side of the thing.
    Yeah it shows that the Draenei have been kind good people for over 25k years and the first time they are lead by a women they go space nazi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah it shows that the Draenei have been kind good people for over 25k years and the first time they are lead by a women they go space nazi.
    Not my take on it but it's still dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post

1. Blizz is purposely doing that to mess with us and will change things on prepatch release to make more sense. They mentioned they were planning something cool story-wise, so I could see it being this. Only issue is whether this could cause a lot of bugs in the game with such a change.

2. The old gods are toying with the Alliance and Horde. Our perceptions of the events are skewed on both sides due to old god influence. This would work in their favor to pit us against each other in order to weaken both sides.
    3) they dont happen at the same time and things changed in the hour/ minutes between encounters
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    And yet when we look at the Mag'har in the scenario we see no signs of their Iron Horde tech.
    ???
    Use the turret at the top of Brimstone Tower to defend the Mag'har.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=284362/b...ario-glory-of-

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Seems a baseless opinion since we dont know how this happened, yrel was a successful leader, and of the 3 men who lead the eredar 2 of the were pro fel inquisition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I read some where that Blizz is purposely putting fake quests in the beta to throw us off for live. So, maybe these Darkshore quests are part of that? If they are really doing that?
    They arent thats a dumb rumor by ppl who cant understand why the evil woman who puts humans in cages is not a good person
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post

What actually contradicts?

The Mobile Armory support ends on the 11th of July, this almost confirms the prepatch being on the 10th/11th for NA/EU respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Seems a baseless opinion since we dont know how this happened, yrel was a successful leader, and of the 3 men who lead the eredar 2 of the were pro fel inquisition

- - - Updated - - -

They arent thats a dumb rumor by ppl who cant understand why the evil woman who puts humans in cages is not a good person
    You do realize its a joke right? I'm pointing out the absurdity of the situation in which a race that has spent almost 30k years being peaceful and could easily have wiped out the orcs took less than 30 years to turn into Nazis. Also why the fuck would Nazi Naaru be worried about the Legion when the Legion has the same goal of stopping the void? I mean unless Yrel got tricked by a Naaru that was working with the Legion that now needs a new army the whole thing is completely retarded.

I can't believe that someone with Narutofan in their username is the sensible person in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I can't believe that someone with Narutofan in their username is the sensible person in the thread.
    Explain how it makes sense then instead of being a snide dick about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Oh no dont worry the expansion is READY TO SHIP!!!
    ...in 2 months.

what is the point of this comment again?

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned since I just saw it pop up on wowhead, they turned a bunch of the unused color variations of tier armor into BoE drops (from islands?).

As well as a couple new sets

I'm not as negative as many here. But I will admit that Blizz is threading some risky ground here.

Rather than finish the entirety of the first 2 raids and stuff surrounding them, this time they took the feedback that the first two raids could be further apart, and ran with it. Delaying all of that to a later patch 8.1, and pushing the release date of the game forward, with less workload assumed. And less hurry to move on, because 8.1 will be further away this time.

But I'm not 100% sure it'll work out. They've given themselves a really tight margin to get this all sorted. Even assuming that unlike previous times, they will continue doing a lot of work on 8.0 while the pre-patch is already out. But hey, maybe they will somehow make that work without feeling too bad...

Of course then there's still the other danger of them, with the 8.1 raid so much further away, coming to consider it its own tier, and therefore deciding not to have 2 more tiers after it. "BfA basically had 3 tiers". Which would give it the same "cut content" feeling of WoD.

It may all work out great. And I certainly have good hopes that it will. But Blizzard often swings back and forth wildly in their decisions. They were awesome with Legion. I hope the pendulum won't swing the other way now, as it often does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm not as negative as many here. But I will admit that Blizz is threading some risky ground here.

Rather than finish the entirety of the first 2 raids and stuff surrounding them, this time they took the feedback that the first two raids could be further apart, and ran with it. Delaying all of that to a later patch 8.1, and pushing the release date of the game forward, with less workload assumed. And less hurry to move on, because 8.1 will be further away this time.

But I'm not 100% sure it'll work out. They've given themselves a really tight margin to get this all sorted. Even assuming that unlike previous times, they will continue doing a lot of work on 8.0 while the pre-patch is already out. But hey, maybe they will somehow make that work without feeling too bad...

Of course then there's still the other danger of them, with the 8.1 raid so much further away, coming to consider it its own tier, and therefore deciding not to have 2 more tiers after it. "BfA basically had 3 tiers". Which would give it the same "cut content" feeling of WoD.

It may all work out great. And I certainly have good hopes that it will. But Blizzard often swings back and forth wildly in their decisions. They were awesome with Legion. I hope the pendulum won't swing the other way now, as it often does.
    I highly doubt they'll make that big of a cut to content, it's only releasing two weeks earlier than legion did two years ago.

They had end of sept to release legion and bfa, they felt they didn't need it.

If they needed the time they would've taken it.

After the lessons of WoD I really doubt they'll just say "Uldir was a tier guys!!!" when they've stated azshara will be the gul'dan of bfa, meaning the first tier.

Given how they are with hiding story stuff I'd imagine they made sure nothing with her raid was in the files due to spoiler reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys I have another question, given how BFA is going, would it be a good idea to have at least one alt from each faction? To experience the story and stuff, unlock AR, etc etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Given how they are with hiding story stuff I'd imagine they made sure nothing with her raid was in the files due to spoiler reasons.
    This exactly, plus they felt it was weird testing NH in beta but then re-testing it on 7.1.5 PTR, it was ready to ship September but didn't get released until January, so why not just wait to test it, plus spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Hey guys I have another question, given how BFA is going, would it be a good idea to have at least one alt from each faction? To experience the story and stuff, unlock AR, etc etc?
    Meh I never do horde side.

I think it's up to you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Of course! Both Kul'Tiras and Zandalar are well made. It would be a shame to not experience the other side.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria