Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    1st week shit storm, 2nd week 10 minute's scenario, 3rd week 15 minute's scenario, 4th week 20 minute of Lordaeron's scenario...

I suppose many players will spend more time shit posting on forum... than playing!

But I'm relieved: 2 years ago, during Legion pre-launch I was working on Rio Olimpics Games, this year in Berlin for the European Championships... but this time I will loose nothing.. ^^;

Now I am worried about Tokyo Olimpic Games...
    Only Lordaeron is scenario, rest are regular story quests.

Majority of players will be play, as the playerbase is overwhelmingly casual and incompetent, sticking only to basic in-game stuff. Forum posters are tiny minority.

Overall, its nothing new, every pre-expansion is like this. If the legion invasion didnt give xp no one would do them either after earning the achiev.

Tl;dr Looks like you are new to this game, people will do event and continue waiting for expansion, like they did 6 times already.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-10 at 02:10 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

1st week shit storm, 2nd week 10 minute's scenario, 3rd week 15 minute's scenario, 4th week 20 minute of Lordaeron's scenario...

I suppose many players will spend more time shit posting on forum... than playing!

But I'm relieved: 2 years ago, during Legion pre-launch I was working on Rio Olimpics Games, this year in Berlin for the European Championships... but this time I will loose nothing.. ^^;

I would be worried about that spelling if you want to brag about working in some cool international stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Shit will be probably split into weeks: 1st week get used to shit, 2nd week ashenvale, 3rd week burning of hobo tree, 4th week Lordaeron for pre-purchasers. Boring compared to legion pre-patch but still better than pre-WoD and pre-MoP shit.
    That is likely exactly how they are doing it. Also this month is to give people time to test their spec changes on existing content so they get used to how their class is playing in BFA. There are also WQ that get unlocked that give items that have some interesting transmog options. One thing I really liked is the allied races starter weapons which had some nice looks have transmogable max level versions from those world quests. So if you made an allied race character and liked your starter weapon look you now can actually obtain it in a form you can use on other weapons.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    That is likely exactly how they are doing it. Also this month is to give people time to test their spec changes on existing content so they get used to how their class is playing in BFA. There are also WQ that get unlocked that give items that have some interesting transmog options. One thing I really liked is the allied races starter weapons which had some nice looks have transmogable max level versions from those world quests. So if you made an allied race character and liked your starter weapon look you now can actually obtain it in a form you can use on other weapons.
    Those weapons are ancient though, they've been obtainable since WoD and possibly mop with the character boost

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Interesting I character boosted somebody in WOD and again in legion and I did not get a transmog copy of that weapon.

I'd rather we could get all those nice nightborne weapons that they implemented for the damn guards.. gimme!

It’s gonna be fun with all the lag in SW and Org on launch day.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It’s gonna be fun with all the lag in SW and Org on launch day.
    if you are smart you go to silithus to get your heart pretty instantly. and then go to org.

One word: sharding.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    One word: sharding.
    <

This ./page

Anyway, pre patch in summer I mean come on guys what do you wanna do stay at home playing whole day? I get it you guys wanted more content for the pre-patch and I do agree it's a bit lacklustre since Legion had the whole invasions and what not... But I'd rather be outside till expansion comes out then getting stuck and burning out already on the pre-patch.

But hey that's just my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting I character boosted somebody in WOD and again in legion and I did not get a transmog copy of that weapon.
    Then you are the only person ever, to not get those weapons with a character boost. Because those weapon, along with the armor set (Trailseeker for example for Hunter) is the gear you recieve upon boosting, to make sure you have some okay'ish gear to start with.

Deleted

Who knows.. Maybe and just maybe next expansion we might get a decent pre-patch. Heck at this point I'd rather see a new expansion announcement at this years Blizzcon.

I'm really getting the WoD feeling with BFA (not bad as WOD but still the same "filler" feeling)

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Who knows.. Maybe and just maybe next expansion we might get a decent pre-patch. Heck at this point I'd rather see a new expansion announcement at this years Blizzcon.

I'm really getting the WoD feeling with BFA (not bad as WOD but still the same "filler" feeling)
    Tbf, its subjective. The last decent event for me was pre-WotLK one. Legion pre patch invasions were useful only for people with low level characters, mine were all maxed out so I did them only until I got the items and achievs.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Could you elaborate on this? I'm just curious what people mean by when they say this because I've seen it said but never elaborated upon.

I wasn't around for WoD but I heard you finished doing the raids immediately upon max level and people didn't have anything to do at max level.

BFA is going to be similar to that or in some sort of way?

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Could you elaborate on this? I'm just curious what people mean by when they say this because I've seen it said but never elaborated upon.

I wasn't around for WoD but I heard you finished doing the raids immediately upon max level and people didn't have anything to do at max level.

WoDs main problem was lack of content, dungeons were obsolete after 2 weeks. All you could do is raid, but even that was only 2 tiers. (Mythic Blackhand was goat though)

I see no resemblance with BfA.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

I don't feel that is as bad as WoD per say (where the only weekly activity that you had to do was basically either farming or raiding) but in terms of everything in general it seems like a tick tock expansion (as in Legion was the big tick and now there's the smaller tock to keep players busy until the big tick)

Lore itself looks interesting but a bit forced on some things.

Yeah this one is going to be another Warlords of Draenor guys *doesn't explain at all*

The state of WOD's dungeons was sad. They had some really interesting and fun ones and ones like the train one were really hard at first but once you got geared enough to do LFR there was no reason to ever step foot back in them. There just were no rewards or reason to do them. Legion did a good job of upping the ilevel from dungeons so it was always a pretty viable path for gearing up alts to quickly catch back up to raiders and had really solid rewards. The mythic stuff on top of that was just taking a good system and making it better.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoDs main problem was lack of content, dungeons were obsolete after 2 weeks. All you could do is raid, but even that was only 2 tiers. (Mythic Blackhand was goat though)

I see no resemblance with BfA.
    Yeah I feel like with the backbone that was introduced in Legion in terms of repeatable content, it's hard for something to become like WoD ever again.

I don't feel that is as bad as WoD per say (where the only weekly activity that you had to do was basically either farming or raiding) but in terms of everything in general it seems like a tick tock expansion (as in Legion was the big tick and now there's the smaller tock to keep players busy until the big tick)

Lore itself looks interesting but a bit forced on some things.
    I can see this, but honestly I actually enjoy that. I'm all for the more "closer to home" stories with the high fantasy stuff brewing in the background (similar to Game of Thrones basically).

But not just that, I feel like WoW needs to have some "breaks" here and there between world-ending baddies. I mean I'm sure most people want constant DBZ level of higher power baddies but I think it's nice that the world gets some time to "breathe" in a sense every now and then.

One of the things I enjoy seeing are the story set ups that happen for the future. Similar to how the Black Dragonflight are sort of coming back into the limelight, same with the Reds. It's cool seeing there's these little rumblings of side stories being set up for (HOPEFULLY) something more later on.

At the same time I try to curb my enthusiasm because I don't want to ever "expect the story go this way" when Blizzard has their own plans set.

Anyways that kind of turned into rambling, I'm just hyped for BFA thanks for elaborating a bit more!

- - - Updated - - -

The state of WOD's dungeons was sad. They had some really interesting and fun ones and ones like the train one were really hard at first but once you got geared enough to do LFR there was no reason to ever step foot back in them. There just were no rewards or reason to do them. Legion did a good job of upping the ilevel from dungeons so it was always a pretty viable path for gearing up alts to quickly catch back up to raiders and had really solid rewards. The mythic stuff on top of that was just taking a good system and making it better.
    What I enjoyed about Legion Mythic Dungeons (not plus yet), was that they introduced additional mechanics to bosses that weren't present in Normal and Heroic, I thought that was really cool in itself already.

Then of course M+ with the affixes was even cooler I loved how certain weeks I'd have reason to change my talents and if I ever had enough leggos then switch leggos too!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well people complained that mop had too much content, then we got WoD. Then people complained about lack of content so we got legion, then people complained about too much content... See the pattern?