Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah I feel like with the backbone that was introduced in Legion in terms of repeatable content, it's hard for something to become like WoD ever again.

I can see this, but honestly I actually enjoy that. I'm all for the more "closer to home" stories with the high fantasy stuff brewing in the background (similar to Game of Thrones basically).

But not just that, I feel like WoW needs to have some "breaks" here and there between world-ending baddies. I mean I'm sure most people want constant DBZ level of higher power baddies but I think it's nice that the world gets some time to "breathe" in a sense every now and then.

One of the things I enjoy seeing are the story set ups that happen for the future. Similar to how the Black Dragonflight are sort of coming back into the limelight, same with the Reds. It's cool seeing there's these little rumblings of side stories being set up for (HOPEFULLY) something more later on.

At the same time I try to curb my enthusiasm because I don't want to ever "expect the story go this way" when Blizzard has their own plans set.

Anyways that kind of turned into rambling, I'm just hyped for BFA thanks for elaborating a bit more!

- - - Updated - - -

What I enjoyed about Legion Mythic Dungeons (not plus yet), was that they introduced additional mechanics to bosses that weren't present in Normal and Heroic, I thought that was really cool in itself already.

Then of course M+ with the affixes was even cooler I loved how certain weeks I'd have reason to change my talents and if I ever had enough leggos then switch leggos too!
    I'm very looking forward into BFA lore don't get me wrong.

All I want is that the story dwells deep into what they are promising in Before The Storm & in-game lore as well.. There's a lot of Old God talk with Azshara alongside the shadow undead vs light undead rising lore

(We are nearing the pre-patch so given what I think about the coming expansion, I am freeing myself from the self-imposed restriction on posting, it's already time.)

With the pre-patch coming next week let me just briefly summarize issues that I see with BFA in general and with the pre-patch in particular.

Things that will hit during the pre-patch:

(*) Specs are worse, we have one more round of lost abilities, added GCDs, etc.

(*) Scaling is buggy. Old raids are overtuned again, regular leveling is overtuned as well and some quests are bugged to the point where you just cannot do them at level.

(*) Increased hardware requirements and way more issues with graphics because of DX12 (bugs and/or low performance).

This all is happening a month prior to BFA. The month when there is nothing to do except fool around deciding which spec you are going to main in the new expansion and fill in reps / mounts / achievements from old content. With both specs and old content having issues.

Things that will hit during the first few months of the expansion:

(*) Azerite gear is a much, much, much lesser version of what Legion had. It is plain boring.

(*) Worse, like others said multiple times, azerite gear is hard to make good in terms of progression. The line between "too easy, you just get everything automatically and don't notice = unrewarding" and "too difficult, you are reluctant to do high difficulties because you cannot use azerite pieces from them anyway = unrewarding" is too thin, they won't be able to walk it.

(*) There is nothing new, by and large. Islands are boring, the AI is nothing to write home about. Warfronts are triple-boring, on the level of Ashran or somewhere there. It's going to be same old mythic+ and/or raids in no time, so you are going to basically blink and then bam, you are in Legion again, that expansion thing just flew through and already ended with you barely noticing. Meh.

(*) PVP continues to be total shit. They did nothing of value there, all their changes are putting lipstick onto a pig. That warmode thing is inconsequential, it will only maybe be useful as an exploit for more rewards. If that.

Also, I predict right now that spec changes in 8.1 are going to be underwhelming. Partly because, yes, it is hard to please people regarding specs (but then again why the hell did you have to prune them? why didn't you just leave them alone? or, I don't know, maybe you could have done small incremental additions and changes *that people were asking for*, no???). But partly also because the "revamps" that they already did are, honestly, not that hot. They are okay at best. So where's progress? Where are things getting better? Right, nowhere. I predict that this is going to be the case for 8.1 as well. 8.1 will NOT feel as "now all specs are fixed", it will at most feel "ok, shamans might be playable now" and this isn't good.

And add to all this that things are going to be timegated heavily Legion-style. Those stories of a continuous stream of content in Legion consistently miss that half of the time those dispensed bits of content were so super-small, multiples of them could fill into a single week, they were just spaced apart thinly. Or that 7.2 was downright terrible and 7.3 not exactly stellar either. And that was Legion, it could easily be worse in BFA which has less of everything so far.

Sum total, I think we are in for a flop worse than WoD. For real.

They might save some of it with 8.1 / 8.2, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well people complained that mop had too much content, then we got WoD. Then people complained about lack of content so we got legion, then people complained about too much content... See the pattern?
    I am always curious who thought MoP had too much content, I definitely could have used more.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-10 at 04:14 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Then you are the only person ever, to not get those weapons with a character boost. Because those weapon, along with the armor set (Trailseeker for example for Hunter) is the gear you recieve upon boosting, to make sure you have some okay'ish gear to start with.
    It's annoying that those don't count towards transmog. Pretty sure you have to collect them from Warlords Salvage Yard crates (of which I did get most but not all).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Only Lordaeron is scenario, rest are regular story quests.

Majority of players will be play, as the playerbase is overwhelmingly casual and incompetent, sticking only to basic in-game stuff. Forum posters are tiny minority.

Overall, its nothing new, every pre-expansion is like this. If the legion invasion didnt give xp no one would do them either after earning the achiev.

Tl;dr Looks like you are new to this game, people will do event and continue waiting for expansion, like they did 6 times already.
    So "new" that I recived a statue of an Orc riding a wolf as a gift from for my 10 years as subscribers... also I am part of the people that "do event and continue waiting for expansion", except this time due work

I have already done all the events on beta... and, as in Legion, you can skip all of them once you have done it the first time with your main.

My secret hope that Legion was set a new standard and Blizzard has learned the lesson about provide some content even between expansions, but the actual pre launch event (which, in any case has its own productive effort, especially history side) it's consumed too fast, leaving players with 4 weeks of nothing, while thing like Mage Tower, continues to provide a sort of content (I know many players have already done of it.. dont care-- bla bla bla).

Its just seems to me a step backwards. That's all... Also, I wonder if it is better to postpone the 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You do realise that some people have run out of stuff to do 5 months ago? I did my last mage towers in february and have been doing missions and some old content farm stuff only since then.
    I do. My guild is decimated and many moved to GW2... but few of us are still playing, and because you did your last mage tower in february, means other players arent enjoing it. Also, with 8.0 patch dont change nothing, you still with nothing to do since BfA...

but to me, with 8.0 "the sky is falling"! I'm a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I would be worried about that spelling if you want to brag about working in some cool international stuff.
    I would be worried too, especially because I'm dyslexic! But are just cool "national" stuff... ^^;
    But you are right, I will pay more attention... or Google.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I am always curious who thought MoP had too much content, I definitely could have used more.
    I never heard anybody say that MOP had too much content. It had good amounts until 5.3, then we had (sadly, the usual) year of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    So "new" that I recived a statue of an Orc riding a wolf as a gift from for my 10 years as subscribers... also I am part of the people that "do event and continue waiting for expansion", except this time due work
    Well, it sounded like you never experienced a pre-patch event, so im confused now what are you surprised at...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I never heard anybody say that MOP had too much content. It had good amounts until 5.3, then we had (sadly, the usual) year of nothing.
    Lucky you, the crying about having to do dailies was obnoxious. Then they complained about having to do dungeons for VPs and the scenarios (and then complained in WoD about lack of scenarios...). WoW community is so stupid.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-07-10 at 04:26 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Lucky you, the crying about having to do dailies was obnoxious.
    That was not crying about too much content, that was crying about having to do unwanted reps to unlock wanted reps.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's annoying that those don't count towards transmog. Pretty sure you have to collect them from Warlords Salvage Yard crates (of which I did get most but not all).
    You can create a trial char on another server, play it for a few minutes then log on to another char using the same armor type and you'll have the set as a part of your collection. Then you can delete the trial char

- - - Updated - - -

I partly agree, but sadly that doesn't change the fact that the daily whiners were just... Horrible

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You can create a trial char on another server, play it for a few minutes then log on to another char using the same armor type and you'll have the set as a part of your collection. Then you can delete the trial char

- - - Updated - - -

I partly agree, but sadly that doesn't change the fact that the daily whiners were just... Horrible
    Does it have to be on the same server with the same armor type, or can it be on a different one?

Also, regarding the Mage Tower:

I got all skins for my main, then went to get one skin on an alt, and the fight was so much easier due to the alt being a different spec that I completed that skin (two-shot) and then just stopped caring about the thing as a whole. The balancing between specs is so off that I just don't see the appeal in getting all skins besides at most seeing all the different encounters. It's like rolling a dice asking "is the encounter for the spec I am about to go on tuned too high or too low for the gear that I currently have". Then you got tails = win or head = lose.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Does it have to be on the same server with the same armor type, or can it be on a different one?
    "On another server"

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Also, regarding the Mage Tower:

I got all skins for my main, then went to get one skin on an alt, and the fight was so much easier due to the alt being a different spec that I completed that skin (two-shot) and then just stopped caring about the thing as a whole. The balancing between specs is so off that I just don't see the appeal in getting all skins besides at most seeing all the different encounters. It's like rolling a dice asking "is the encounter for the spec I am about to go on tuned too high or too low for the gear that I currently have". Then you got tails = win or head = lose.
    All are faceroll now thanks to the massive concordance buff, all you need now is the unsullied armor. The "hardest" part of the challenge is doing the stupidly boring quests to unlock the challenge.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? I kind of hated the structure of dailies pre-Legion. The whole "Go to today's hub. Do everything. Now log off 'til tomorrow and then do it again. In a week or two of doing this every day, we'll open up some more daily quests you can do." Firelands, for me, was the -worst- offender of it. Isle of Thunder was the best of the bad lot, by giving you different parts of the island to do on different days, at least.

World Quests? I vastly prefer them. More variety to the environments (Since WQs can be done in any zone and in any -part- of a zone), more variety to the enemies (Again, any Zone and any part thereof), more variety of encounters (Because phasing tech can change spawns and objectives at the drop of a hat.), more variety to the experience itself.

Now if we had a decent way to -combine- the two, so that story-progression could still continue...

"The Kalimdor Campaign" would be a great title for a section by section, region by region, unlocking of Kalimdor Questing/WQ areas for Alliance characters in whatever expansion comes after BFA. High end content where you have to build footholds and strongholds in enemy territories, WoD style, to unlock more of the battle as the story moves on.

Oof... damn... You know what would be great? World Revamp 2.0 and 3.0 as separate expansions separated by another expansion or two between them, but connected in Story/Lore.

After BFA we get the World Revamp which makes Kalimdor the Horde Leveling Experience and Eastern Kingdoms the Alliance Leveling Experience. In the latter portion of that expansion, the Horde and Alliance players invade each other's continent and start building (or rebuilding) strongholds and fortresses. WQs and Dailies lead to Legion/BFA style Strike Points to select the next zone you target to expand your holdings/influence. The Kalimdor Campaign starts by attacking Thousand Needles to create a port, a massive port, for Alliance Ships fresh from the Eastern Kingdom. The Eastern Kingdom campaign starts in Quel'thalas, and works to start securing the Plaguelands by wiping out the Scourge. Eventually you get a bunch of strongholds scattered across either continent held by either side.

Then in the "World Revamp 3.0" the areas that the Alliance captured on Kalimdor become adventure areas for low-level Alliance players. Similarly, Horde Held EK Strongholds become questing hubs on that side. Neither the Horde nor Alliance gets -control- over those zones in World Revamp 3.0... they just get to level in the area.

That would be pretty great. And give players a real sense of contributing to the changing world map, since they'd be conquering those zones as end game content in one expansion, and leveling alts in them in another.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Then in the "World Revamp 3.0" the areas that the Alliance captured on Kalimdor become adventure areas for low-level Alliance players. ... That would be pretty great. And give players a real sense of contributing to the changing world map, since they'd be conquering those zones as end game content in one expansion, and leveling alts in them in another.
    That would be interesting, but there are two major issues, both show-stoppers: (a) this is a lot of work, they plain cannot pump that much content now, what they are doing in terms of quests in BFA is perhaps 40% of what the rework of the old lands in Cata was, likely less, and (b) multiple versions of the world are hard to maintain sanely for multiple reasons, they will likely have to be removing older versions, and in this case this work will be replacing content which is always worse than adding content.

I assume hes talking about dailies, which front-loaded a TON of 'compulsory' stuff to do every day to unlock rep items and profession recipes. It was 'to much' for the first few weeks of the expansion and as a result most power rewards were moved away from reputations in subsequent expansions.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

(We are nearing the pre-patch so given what I think about the coming expansion, I am freeing myself from the self-imposed restriction on posting, it's already time.)
    i still feel like you owe me 50k though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    i still feel like you owe me 50k though
    Make it double by now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    What does it mean?!