N'zoth should be Billy Zane-tier smooth, but it'll be some raspy whispery shrieker like all the past Old God work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Honestly, I doubt the current war will end in BFA, it will probably last until the next expac. Like how the MoP stuff actually started in Cata.
    You could actually go farther than that. Varian declared war in Wrath, at the end of the (now removed) Battle for Undercity quest chain. That's why there's the airship battle in ICC

Deleted
    Sylvannas' face makes me believe she didn't exactly mean to turn Teldrassil into a kiln. I don't think she's innocent or anything. Maybe she just severely underestimated an Azerite weapon the Goblins produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Sylvannas' face makes me believe she didn't exactly mean to turn Teldrassil into a kiln. I don't think she's innocent or anything. Maybe she just severely underestimated an Azerite weapon the Goblins produced.
    There's zero reason they're doing an Azshara short if she doesn't have something to do with the tree. I don't care if she's the Gul'dan or not: she is barely present in the Beta so far. She needs to be integrally tied to the expansion and at the moment she's barely relevant to the events of 8.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Honestly, I doubt the current war will end in BFA, it will probably last until the next expac. Like how the MoP stuff actually started in Cata.
    Come to think about it, the only time there wasn't an open Alliance-Horde war was in WoD (+Vanilla/BC)

I'm not a fan of seeing Azshara be a raid boss this soon and without a much bigger meaning behind it. I honestly believe that Azshara and her naga deserve to be the face of an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by unbrained View Post

they are comming
    Blizzard is listening....
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I'm not a fan of seeing Azshara be a raid boss this soon and without a much bigger meaning behind it. I honestly believe that Azshara and her naga deserve to be the face of an entire expansion.
    I still hope we don't kill her and she manages to flee, rises Nazjatar to the surface and it will be BfA's Argus. In the end, before she dies, she'll releases N'zoth and that's the start of the next expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I still hope we don't kill her and she manages to flee, rises Nazjatar to the surface and it will be BfA's Argus. In the end, before she dies, she'll releases N'zoth and that's the start of the next expansion.
    Nazjatar is only BFA's Argus if you want a two patch expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Come to think about it, the only time there wasn't an open Alliance-Horde war was in WoD (+Vanilla/BC)
    Vanilla we were just barely not in open war. BC we were too busy with Illidan and co on a broken world. But yeah, Alliance and Horde have been at eachother for most of this game's lifespan. Which is why I don't get how people are all butthurt and stuff about the premise of BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh neat new Warbringer short videos coming soon...

Do wonder if they will add them to the certain quests during Battle for Azeroth? Like Sylvanas to the burning, Queen Azshara to her appearance in the expansion and then the other with that certain place...
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Which is why I don't get how people are all butthurt and stuff about the premise of BfA.
    I think people love faction conflict (I know I do), just not in WoW because there are rarely any consequences. To add insult to injury, the most 'significant' consequences almost always happen in expansions where said conflict isn't front and center.

According to Blizzcon '11, MoP was supposed to be a journey of finding out what it meant to be Alliance and Horde. When it turns out it means that it's the same as always (Horde misunderstood/Alliance reactionary) and it just comes down to the Horde leader, it's an obvious fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nazjatar is only BFA's Argus if you want a two patch expansion.
    I do because BfA is lacking almost everything (features, class design, enticing new ways of gameplay etc.). Although I love the setting and Azshara is my favorite Warcraft character ever I hope it will be like:

Uldir (T0)
    Filler raid (T0)
    Azshara 1st raid (T1)
    Azshara 2nd raid (T2) --> she's releasing N'zoth => next expansion

As you said, Azshara hasn't done anything in BfA yet (she actually did more in Legion in Azsuna) she gets a clip next to Jaina and Sylvanas. That means she'll play a much bigger role and I hope this expansion turns into the "Azshara" expansion I'm waiting for since 2010.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by unbrained View Post

they are comming
    00:15

N'zoth!!! mah boy!! it's obvious that Nzoth is laughing at all of us!! i Loved!

Well...

Warcraft 3: Medivh made a truce between Alliance and Horde
    Warcraft 3 TFT: Jaina prevented the war from escalating by siding with the Horde against her father.
    Vanilla: No war, just cold relations and some border conflicts
    TBC: Same. I also remember the Alliance helping save Thrallmar by destroying demon canons.
    WotLK: This is where things start to spiral out of control. With Garrosh's officers openly antagonizing and even attacking the Alliance. Putress' betrayal made it all worse, and the Horde's treachery in the Broken Front was the final nail in the coffin.
    Cataclysm: Open war between factions.
    MoP: Open war continues. Alliance ends the war by retreating after liberating Orgrimmar.
    WoD: Truce. Tensions and conflict in Ashran, but both factions mostly ignored one another.
    Legion: Truce until Broken Shore and the Horde's apparent betrayal. Genn resumed the conflict on Stormheim and Gilneas openly opposed the Forsaken. Tensions between elves in Suramar. However, Horde and Alliance were mostly avoiding each other aside from those. No open war, yet.
    BfA: Conflict for azerite in neutral areas, until Sylvanas causes a new war by invading night elf lands.

So, Alliance and Horde always had conflicts, but true war only really happened in Cata, MoP and now BfA. For all those instances, the Horde started it by invading Alliance lands. Alliance almost caused a war in Warcraft 3: TFT when Admiral Proudmoore invaded Durotar, but that was halted by Jaina helping the Horde to defeat him.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Azshara is just a Lieutenant of N'zoth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    azshara is the person who's selfishness caused the sundering.

she isnt just some lieutenant, she has history.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    That doesn't mean she and her naga don't deserve much, much more representation and acute build up(they are represented throughout the game, but taking her and the naga out of the picture deserves much more acute buildup). That'd be like hastily killing N'zoth because he's a minion of the Void Lords or Kil'jaeden because he's the lieutenant of Sargeras.

The naga are numerous and have a lot of representation that is deserving of a massive storyline revolving only around them, mixed up with a lot of N'zothness. I always expected an expansion with a pre-patch that has a massive landing of naga and Old God forces. Azshara would be a boss that leads up to N'zoth, but she can definitely be the face of an entire expansion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-07-16 at 06:31 PM.

Just because Azshara is a boss, does not mean we will kill her. And honestly, she and her Naga have popped out of the background so many times without us getting a proper confrontation that it is about time.

I kinda like how the Naga have just been doing their own thing, and Azshara, who's claim to fame is that she wanted to fuck a planet, has become a suprisingly interesting and seemingly intelligent villain. I just hope Blizzard does not waste all of this build up.
    Last edited by Gurmech; 2018-07-16 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    azshara is the person who's selfishness caused the sundering.

she isnt just some lieutenant, she has history.
    as a minion of sargeras and now she works for Nzoth. I know she has a story and I know that a lot of people like her (I like her) but she is only a minion of the big bad guy