Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I'm assuming the island expeditions will evolve throughout the expansion as well. I am looking forward to them too.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it like WoD? WoD lacked content. That was fixed with Legion and they added more content with BfA. It is like WoD because WoD = bad and everyone thinks BfA is going to be bad?
    Trust me, I hate the WoD comparison because in most cases it is literally the dumbest comparison I've ever heard, but in this case I think he's saying This patch was rushed and WoD was rushed and if that is the extent of the comparison I can't really disagree.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Are you a bot or maybe a parrot?

If not i cant explain this post. WoD has alot of content at launch. The Problem was Content after launch. Which no one know. Timeskip to today:

We have a rush job of a prepatch

However maybe in your brain rushed prepatch equals to = lots of content in store. All power to you if this the case, however i am not riding that train
    WoD pre-patch had one questline which is the same as we get now? So i say it's the same. (I dont count BfL because that requires pre-purchase.)
    And makes it better than MoP pre-patch with that one shit scenario tak became part of MoP scenarios... Still has me sour.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Are you a bot or maybe a parrot?
    Hey, what's wrong with being a parrot?

Anyone that thinks that more dev time makes for a better expansion doesn't remember the year of Siege that lead to WoD.

I will take a week of bad leveling if it means the expansion comes out sooner. Bad content, or none at all, is worse than bad bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Anyone that thinks that more dev time makes for a better expansion doesn't remember the year of Siege that lead to WoD.

I will take a week of bad leveling if it means the expansion comes out sooner. Bad content, or none at all, is worse than bad bugs.
    I wish it was only a year. Wasn't siege 13 months? I mean, sure that's probably nitpicky but god damn that was a long 13 months.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I wish it was only a year. Wasn't siege 13 months? I mean, sure that's probably nitpicky but god damn that was a long 13 months.
    429 days apparently.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    People take the WoD comparison far too literally.

When people say BfA feels like WoD. They don't mean it won't have any content like WoD did.

They literally mean it looks like a steaming pile of shit - like WoD was.....

If it smells like shit, looks like shit and tastes like shit. It must be shit. (you eat shit?)
    After cata even shit tastes like delicatesse.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Whenever I talk of Allied Races. I talk of the ones we "got in the box" basically.

We are getting more as patch content down the line.

But I will never be able to shake the feeling that the ones we currently have are insanely lazy re-skins that would have been much better served as Sub-Races. The way people ASKED for them. As more customization.

To quote Doomchicken: "reeeee my opinion reeeeee".

Obviously ones like Zandalari and Kul Tiran and hopefully Sethrak and Vulpera have far more effort put into them. You could also argue that case for Nightborne.

Why did we get Lightforged instead of Broken/Krokuul? Because it was way fucking easier. That's why.
    I don't disagree that LFD are pretty meh and should have been rolled into Draenei customization just like straight-back and golden eyes. But I also think the allied race system as a whole is looking successful right now, even without potential later additions beyond KT and Zandalari. The first 6 are reskins, but they are reskins who have new textures, newly modeled hair, new effects, interesting racials, etc. To the point where I feel like BfA has delivered more race wise than other expansions.

Mag'har are pretty much spot on for what people wanted. Zandalari are very solid and something that has been requested for years. Dark Iron are very solid and the same. Female KT are still fat, but the males are pretty great looking and up there with the best traditional races, even when fully armored, which is something many races don't do well.

I just don't think this is a place were less effort is being put in.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Class balance is one thing...

I am more talking about things like with the Sea Stalk rank 2 quest. You can't see the NPCs you need to talk to until you are level 116. It's a bug that has been there the entire time I've had beta.
    It happens.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748906097

Again this post makes no sense whatsoever. When WoD was in this stage nobody said "wod is beyond saving". This was a problem that appeared after.

The state of this patch, and everything else that it is implies is simply no good.

Not to mention that they shipping several specs broken and addmited it already "fixing" it 8.1, which seems to be seen.

I dont get how anyone can have good feeling of whats to come at this point of stage.
    Look, the state of the patch is no good but for the rest of BFA I would put more stock in the negativity and dread feelings if literally every expansion didn't also ship with broken specs. WoD elemental shaman anyone? "You didn't know it but you were overpowered" *proceeds to get buffed 5 times after highmaul to be bought just below the bottom of the pack instead of immensely below the bottom of the pack*

Yeah, the "expansion is bad because busted specs" feels less like people that played those specs and are mad as hell (which there are a good portion), and more like people who are using Blizzard's admission that they need tweaks to feel bad on their behalf and use it as ammunition in the neverending forum crusade.

Most people would either stick with their spec regardless or play one of the other 30something... not bitch about it on the forum every single day.

For me it's the only plausible reason a group of sane individuals would believe "alternate universe time travelling orcs" was a good idea.
    Because it doesn't matter how stupid the plot is as long as it allows for an interesting setting for the players to mess around in (which Draenor was).

Draenor was good on paper, they just absolutely fucked up actual game content. The raids and classes were good! Not so much everything else. Thats a good sign that class balance is absolutely lowest on Blizzard's priority.

Draenor was Blizz catering to Metzen before he left. He wanted to see those characters in the game. That's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, the "expansion is bad because busted specs" feels less like people that played those specs and are mad as hell (which there are a good portion), and more like people who are using Blizzard's admission that they need tweaks to feel bad on their behalf and use it as ammunition in the neverending forum crusade.

Most people would either stick with their spec regardless or play one of the other 30something... not bitch about it on the forum every single day.
    As a former ele shaman I can understand how shitty it feels to be weak due to bad balancing for a decent amount of time, but at the end of the day ele shamans being shit early WoD wasn't the reason why WoD sucked just as ele shamans being decent/good in throne of thunder wasn't why MoP was enjoyed. Just like BFA won't be a hit or failure based on a couple specs being bad for a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A single allied race being much less than a single traditional race doesn't mean much if they are doing so many more allied races that the effort exceeds that of two allied races. I don't know why you are trying so hard to do these weird mental gymnastics. A typical previous expansion had 2 races, or 1 race. BfA has 8(+) allied races. If BfA had one or two allied races, your point would have weight, but it doesn't.
    A typical previous expansion had 2 traditional races. Legion had 4 allied races. The effort was much smaller, these allied races were lifted off NPCs. You are saying BFA is certainly going to have at least 4 allied races. If that's going to be the end of it for BFA, then that's again much smaller than 2 traditional races. This is my opinion and I hope it is clear. With all that, I am not saying that allied races are a bad feature. I am just saying that they are a low-effort one. Yes, they might still add up to a couple of traditional races over time. When this happens, I will say that the total amount of effort that went into allied races (perhaps even in a single expansion if BFA is going to grow to 8-10) is on par with what would have went into traditional races. Again, I hope this is clear, because I am not going to explain it for the fourth time.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-19 at 01:51 PM.

Nothing if you literally a parrot!

A strawman and whataboutism combined in one post.

A majestic sight.

What do you want experess exactly?

This does not conflict with my statment. Nothing in this prepatch forbodes anything good for BFA, and no not every prepatch and class design was like this
    What I'm saying is every expansion has had shit specs on prepatch/launch and that has no bearing on the success or failure of BFA. I apologize if I didn't make that clear enough for you, but that's basically what I mean.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's gotten to the point where I look into Ions soulless eyes and I wonder - "Does he even believe his own lies anymore?".
    He has come off as the most "grounded" Game Director from all my time I've seen him answer the Q/As. And even those ones at Blizzcon.

He actually understands that not every player is going to enjoy what they hear him say, and so at least gives a PoV of where they're coming from as a company in order to get players to understand.

Doesn't mean players still won't disagree or call bullshit, or that it's not bullshit, etc. But his dialogue is a lot more open than Blizzard has been in the past, and that's what I enjoy about the Q/As.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know what's nice about hearing explanations that do not always make sense as you yourself say.
    I explain most of it above, but basically it's because I don't go in with any expectations. I see the Q/As as "Alright what kinda questions are they going to answer this time and what kinda shit is Ion going to say again"

It helps that Twitch Chat's emotes are there and seeing the Chat react to what's said is hilarious in and of itself.

I go into those just wanting to hear the explanations, if I didn't care for all that I'd just look on the front page of MMO-C or WoWhead for the quick and dirty points that were said.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    429 days apparently.
    Thats how long it felt like it took for me to get my dark shaman transmog set now that I think about it :P

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    He has come off as the most "grounded" Game Director from all my time I've seen him answer the Q/As. And even those ones at Blizzcon.

He actually understands that not every player is going to enjoy what they hear him say, and so at least gives a PoV of where they're coming from as a company in order to get players to understand.

Doesn't mean players still won't disagree or call bullshit, or that it's not bullshit, etc. But his dialogue is a lot more open than Blizzard has been in the past, and that's what I enjoy about the Q/As.

I explain most of it above, but basically it's because I don't go in with any expectations. I see the Q/As as "Alright what kinda questions are they going to answer this time and what kinda shit is Ion going to say again"

It helps that Twitch Chat's emotes are there and seeing the Chat react to what's said is hilarious in and of itself.

I go into those just wanting to hear the explanations, if I didn't care for all that I'd just look on the front page of MMO-C or WoWhead for the quick and dirty points that were said.
    I tend to agree. I like Ion quite a bit as game director. He's down to earth and insanely knowledgeable about the game and is a super-mega nerd about it. It annoys me sometimes when he defends bad systems, but that's his job and every game director has to do it. I am thinking about his answer at last blizzcon about not giving us account-wide reputations, or at least a boost.

But even if you ignore that the pre patch still feels rushed and unfinished so my main point doesnt change.

Also something else to consider, which people like @EbaumsTipster may not like because they are payed by blizzard or something:

Class Design being fucked, as everyone can read on this forum, in reddit, or in the official forums, was one of the first majory complaints alpha and beta testers give.

Not only it got ignored, its such a super terrible state as it was seldom the case.

So even if you say class design doesnt matter it shows still that blizzard didnt aplly feedback, or not enough. Which also hints at the rest of the design process
    Blizzard knows that people didn't like how the classes were changed: they just don't care.

Feedback was taken into account and some small tiny changes were made but they aren't going to change specs entirely in one patch, and in fact they've never changed a class completely within an expansion. They commit to a single class idea and stick with it for the entire expansion. Anyone that thought it would see huge changes if they played beta and gave feedback all the time was deluding themselves and should've saved their energy.

Can we go two for two Q&As where they admit their failure? Or will they just downplay/ignore it all?
    Ion won't apologize. He will say that launch was less smooth than they hoped it would be, will note that things are getting better with fixes and maybe thank people for reporting issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    As a former ele shaman I can understand how shitty it feels to be weak due to bad balancing for a decent amount of time, but at the end of the day ele shamans being shit early WoD wasn't the reason why WoD sucked just as ele shamans being decent/good in throne of thunder wasn't why MoP was enjoyed. Just like BFA won't be a hit or failure based on a couple specs being bad for a patch.
    How about every spec I played being boring as fuck. Some are very bad (shadow priest) some are boringly strong (balance druid) but they all play exactly the same.

You get two resources. You use the first resource on weak hits that generate the second resource. You then use the second resource for bigger shits. Sometimes shit glows and you hit on the glowing shit for slightly improved abilities.

That's the fucking class design. For every class. Hell, every spec.

I like the new zones, especially Drustvar, but that doesn't change the fact that BfA is boring to play. The only reason I'm not just doing MoP with overleveled characters on the beta is because the Jade Forest story is bugged. So I'm just testing the effectiveness of classes in Silithus. The goblins are poorly optimised there by the way.