7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ion softing SOOOOOOOOOOO hard that Sylvanas is getting Garroshed.

Telling players not to be concerned by what they're seeing, that the heart of honor still beats, that there are people willing to take up the banner and fight for the Horde.
    That gave it away. Plus Sylvanas being about 'Free Will' is OMEGALUL worthy

- - - Updated - - -

I mean the WoD pre-patch wasn't this bad.

The Garrison choke point Day 1 was, but that was expansion launch.

Blizz seems confidant that we won't see a repeat of that since BFA is already installed on our computers, but of course server load can never be accurately predicted.
    To be fair, it was the Communities feature as people suspected. And only reason for that is because it was pulling all the data from everyone who hasn't even logged in 9+ years ago. I don't think that's ever been a case for an issue before, and I doubt that kind of info pulling will happen in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Called it for the Tmog Artifacts

New druid forms skins confirmed?

now maybe people will shut up about the level squish
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    That gave it away. Plus Sylvanas being about 'Free Will' is OMEGALUL worthy

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it was the Communities feature as people suspected. And only reason for that is because it was pulling all the data from everyone who hasn't even logged in 9+ years ago. I don't think that's ever been a case for an issue before, and I doubt that kind of info pulling will happen in the future.
    I'm actually almost willing to give them a pass because ancient accounts was one thing they couldn't test on PTR. Those accounts were abandoned for a reason.

As for Sylvanas, I feel like the free will thing was their attempt to try and build her up as a serious leader and not just a raid pinata in waiting. They probably saw what announcing Garrosh too early did to MoP (namely nobody cared about Pandaria because they knew the ending was Orgrimmar anyway) and are trying to conceal her behind copious amounts of old gods and azerite.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Neberus View Post
    New druid forms skins confirmed?
    I would be more shocked if they don't add stuff like this. Both the new druid races look to have a complete set of unique skins and after the artifact I think they have a clear understanding that A} feral and guardian and boomkin druids like not looking like level 20 newbies B] a big part of an mmo is gaining gear and power and animal form skins are one of the best way of doing that for feral and guardians as they have no other good way to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually almost willing to give them a pass because ancient accounts was one thing they couldn't test on PTR. Those accounts were abandoned for a reason.

As for Sylvanas, I feel like the free will thing was their attempt to try and build her up as a serious leader and not just a raid pinata in waiting. They probably saw what announcing Garrosh too early did to MoP (namely nobody cared about Pandaria because they knew the ending was Orgrimmar anyway) and are trying to conceal her behind copious amounts of old gods and azerite.

Yup doing major sweeping patches on an ancient program always is a cringe type thing. You think you tested everything but all the PTR and test server stuff you do is still not a live environment and weird shit you did not even think of can come up to smash you in the face. Still they at least have enough experience to understand shit like this can and does happen so they don't launch any new content the first week of a prepatch so at least if everything shits itself at least its not also blocking you from doing new time limited stuff.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There are already a lot of Azerite traits that are gameplay modifying."
    OMEGALUL
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wouldn't it be safer to allow the database fields for communities to be populated before the prepatch (without being hooked up to a UI or allowing any other function) and slowly work them in server by server on a timed schedule to avoid this? I mean that's what I've done when I have added additional fields to large data tables at work, I populated them category by category to avoid the system going crazy.
    This is exactly what they've been doing (for more than communities) when they were going "hey we made maintenance durations much longer because we prepare a lot of the work beforehand". They actually did that for 8.0 as well, but I guess they kept the community thing for live.

Deleted
    Small thing I liked from this Q and A is that they're gonna make Fist Weapons/1 Handers moggable sometime in the future.
    My Shaman and Rogue will use nothing but Fist Weapons going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    - Blizzard's commitment to BfA seems to be rather low (Q&A missing, rushed release date, postponed balancing, major design flaws etc.) - this is actually worst of all things mentioned here
    I agree with everything except this. I blame the player base for anything rushed now a days because everyone is impatient. If they came out and said "Hey, we need to delay this a month" you can GUARANTEE there would be murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it makes sense that if I, someone with no IT training, though to do that, that they would. I do wonder why they did not foresee how bad it would be when it came to communities. I mean there were probably many things that had to be redone with this patch (e.g. professions; though that can also be entirely on the UI with no data table changes).
    They probably don't, like usual in the hype of things, realize maybe just how many people left 7+ year old guildies in the guild because 1) Probably lazy to delete and 2) why have to do it if not max guild cap anyway?

It's just like those super minor amount of people asking for a raise from the 50 char cap and Blizzard going "Do you really keep all 50 up to date with the latest raid gear" or some shit. They don't seem to think of these really minor/edge cases.

I mean it's not like people don't (rarely) showcase a guild that has had people not logged on for 11 years or w/e but again it's quite rare.

I can see it plausible in the swing of things/hype that they didn't think about it. Not that they shouldn't have thought about it, but again the environment there is probably super hectic right now to think of every little thing.

As you say, there was probably a lot that had to be redone on this patch (I can't think of any other patch actually that included so much shit and rebalancing at once).

New build on PTR / Beta ! Bugfixes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallywix View Post
    New build on PTR / Beta ! Bugfixes ?
    Yup! On the client side it is mostly UI related fixes and some shader fixes. On the server end there's probably a bunch more, though (most of which are already live on retail through hotfixes).

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What I meant is that they ask questions that interest people that focus on raiding more than casual bullshit. Such as changes to m+, personal/master loot issue, guilds running more lockouts to funnel gear, issues with raid bosses/ class stacking because of boss abilities and so forth. Those questions are million times better than 'is vulpera going to be an allied race', 'can we get a wargleive transmog for night elves', 'can we get a heritage armor for old races' ?

FinalBoss FeelsVomitMan
    Because there are ten times more people interested in Allied Races or transmog issues than in master loot or high level M+ class stacking.

I'm part of the group that puts more emphasis on the latter, by the way, but I'm under no illusion that Mythic raiders and other groups that tackle challenging endgame content and are aware of every intricate gameplay minutiae are even close to the majority of this game's playerbase. It's pretty normal for the game's director to address the concerns of said majority first.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Hey.

I've been saying this expansion was dead on arrival ever since I realized they were going to try and ship us 7.0 pre-patch class design with a few Artifact/Legendary things shoved into existing rows. A net loss if you will.

Then my fears were realized when we saw how horribly underwhelming the Azerite really was.

Maybe people are sick of hearing my overwhelming negativity. I don't really care.

It just feels good to be right and to know they know I'm right. No one wants the game to be shit but sadly I live in reality and it is shit. It's a hard pill to swallow for a white knight.

Remember boys - "It's just Beta, 8.1 will fix it."
    I genuinely hope you get the help you need.

Can we move on from the "gee sadly it seems I was right " and "yeah you were right but you still suck" back and forth? Get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Quoting so more people read this.

Basic conclusions set out in an eloquent manner.

Sadly I believe the expansion will be much the same.
    I am mildly upset nobody has hooked in on Bornakk returning. He hasn't been active for a while until recently!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I am mildly upset nobody has hooked in on Bornakk returning. He hasn't been active for a while until recently!
    Isn't Bornakk dead? From Day of the Dragon?

Seriously though I think its just cause most people have forgotten him since he hasn't posted much for the last couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Can we move on from the "gee sadly it seems I was right " and "yeah you were right but you still suck" back and forth? Get a room.
    Pointless to argue with said person. Not worth the effort. Pre Patch started out badly but I don't think one can argue it's somehow represenative of quality of BFA(It's not even bloody out yet).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi