Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You must've been doing different content then me, because since the pre-patch I still out-threat every DPS by a factor of 2 or so, and even in the beta doing dungeons it was only noticeable if some burst melee opened with absolutely every cooldown on pull.

Unless you mean it not being noticeable is the bad part? But then its still status quo to before.
    I was running as a DPS and I had to slow down all the time.

Yes, this is bad. Yes, this is how it was before way back - you had to wait and slow down. This was changed because having to wait and slow down was bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off-topic, but if anyone haven't seen it yet, you should.

The explanation behind one of the recent changes:

Q: aggrammar wake of flames? who gets hit by that on mythic?

A:

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

A:
    Hey @TOM_RUS your shitpost is famous!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Hey @TOM_RUS your shitpost is famous!
    I should have credited him, yes.

A belated link to the source:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49796976

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Wait a moment, when you hand in the quest at malfurion he tells you that their fleet as arrived at darnassus. I thought the whole premise of this shit show was that darnassus was unprotected and the horde manages because their army isn't there? Or is the army still somewhere else and this is just empty ships?
    * Horde moves a huge army to Barrens, making it seem they are heading to Silithus.
    * Night elves send their fleet to Silithus in order to oppose the army.
    * Horde instead heads to Ashenvale. Assassins make the night elf outposts there vulnerable, so the army invades easily.
    * Malfurion finds the invasion and provides the wall of wisps to halt its advance to Darkshore. He also warns the fleet to return (it wasn't in Silithus, but on route to there)
    * Sylvanas splits the Horde army. Part of it goes with her and invades Darkshore through the south, but there's a limit on how fast the troops can cross the barrier.
    * Saurfang and Nathanos take the rest of the Horde army to Felwood, planning to invade Darkshore from the northern mountains.
    * Sylvanas establishes a foothold in southern Darkshore. There's now a steady pace of troops getting through the barrier.
    * Malfurion gathers enough night elf forces to hold the Horde at the river.
    * Malfurion sends you to gather more forces in Darnassus. The priestesses of the moon say they'll warn the High Priestess (Tyrande)
    * The fleet returns. It's now the full night elf forces versus Sylvanas' army. <--- This is where the event ends this week.

Next week:
    * Saurfang's army invades through the north and attacks Lordanel, flanking the night elves and forcing them to split into two fronts.
    * Malfurion confronts Sylvanas. Saurfangs intervenes, ending the fight, but does not execute Malfurion (as far as we know, from PTR)
    * Tyrande arrives and saves Malfurion (as far as we know)
    * Teldrassil bursts in flames for yet-to-be-known reasons (I bet on the Banshee Queen making a gambit)
    * Darnassus is evacuated, but [b]lots[/b] of night elves die.
    * The battles in Darkshore continue. There are refugees everywhere, both on Darkshore's beaches and Stormwind.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-07-25 at 01:42 PM.
    Whatever...

/disregard
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-25 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    I was running as a DPS and I had to slow down all the time.

Yes, this is bad. Yes, this is how it was before way back - you had to wait and slow down. This was changed because having to wait and slow down was bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off-topic, but if anyone haven't seen it yet, you should.

The explanation behind one of the recent changes:

A:

Haha, this is golden.

Not attacking the messenger, but the above reads so terribly. It is forced and illogical at nearly every step.
    And I don't think the story is that good either, but I also think you are making it worse than it seems.

Making it seem they are heading to Silithus? What, they are holding flags with "heading for Silithus" written on them? How are the Alliance to know that the Horde are heading to Silithus? Because there's nowhere else interesting to be headed? How about, gasp, Teldrassil, which the Horde end up marching to, as we know?
    Well, the orders the Horde received were to march south. The SI-7 spies got intel telling they were heading south. Only a few key characters knew it was a feint, which was revealed to the rest of the Horde when it was near the Crossroads.

The big elephant in the room is that... there was no one actually monitoring the Horde's movement? The night elves didn't keep tabs on their own borders? The story makes it seem like the Alliance only finds out about the feint when the Horde is already taking Ashenvale, when in a more realistic setting it should be ready to defend the borders of the Ashenvale.

I think part of this is due to development constraints. Blizzard wanted to keep the event in Darkshore, so they needed to skip the Ashenvale part as much as possible.

* Night elves send their fleet to Silithus in order to oppose the army. --- Sending fleet to Silithus? Do they expect the fleet to be so much faster than the Horde who are already marching, that they can (a) take the time to understand what the Horde are doing, (b) deliver the news to Teldrassil, (c) get the fleet ready (must be super-quick here unless they were already planned to march just didn't know where), and (d) sail faster than the Horde marches despite the winds / whatever else? How is it supposed to work?
    Ships move faster than a ground army, though. Also, distance to Silithus from Teldrassil by sea is way less than going by ground from Durotar. You don't need to worry about terrain while sailing, nor about troops getting tired. So, the night elves probably expected to arrive there first, and it makes sense that they'd be able to turn back in time.

Also keep in mind that the in-lore event happens over days, not minutes like in-game. You can't walk from Barrens to Darkshore in a few hours.

* Horde instead heads to Ashenvale. Assassins make the night elf outposts there vulnerable, so the army invades easily. --- Brilliant plan, just brilliant, and it worked, applause. The only issue in it is: how exactly do the Horde know that the Alliance sailed to Silithus? Huh? Do they just hope that the Alliance will sail there based on the Horde staying and making barbecue in Barrens thinking "the Horde must be obviously heading for Silithus, hence we will sail there immediately"? Because this feels a bit dumb. Or do they wait for a message from their own spies that yeah, the Alliance fleet went away? Because this adds another round of latency here and one more round to this "X waits for Y, Y waits for X" game which just makes everything slow.
    Again, the Horde planted the information that it was heading to Silithus and spurred the night elves to react. Once that reaction was confirmed, the Horde army changed direction for the invasion.

Of course, it doesn't mean the events that follow are perfect, but, again, I blame it on development constraints. They wanted to skip the conflict in Ashenvale.

We are asked to take on board that the Alliance watch the Horde like hawks, basically from satellites or close to it, that the Alliance is damn fast, much faster than the Horde, and this is why the plan of the Horde works: they move one zone and bam, the Alliance already catapulted themselves into Silithus. But then we are asked to take on board that the Alliance suddenly lost vision of the Horde and / or stopped being much faster than the Horde, and so when the Horde move one zone in the other direction, the Alliance suddenly are taken by surprise and their fleet suddenly cannot get back in time either, not even to Teldrassil.
    Look, the story is not great, but this is the part you make it sound way worse than it actually is.

The Horde planted information to mislead the Alliance. The Alliance reacted with a faster-moving army (boats are faster than ground forces). The Horde waited and changed directions. The Alliance picked up the feint, but by then the Horde was already in Ashenvale.

It's a weak story, but not so terrible as you make it seem.

My most despised part is yet to come, however. There's a scene in particular that paints everyone as a complete idiot and, IMO, makes some characters' brains unredeemable. Blizzard made several adjustments to part 1 (comparing PTR to live) that made it better, so I'm hoping this scene has also been improved, or we will be discussing a huge shitstorm next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Not attacking the messenger, but the above reads so terribly. It is forced and illogical at nearly every step.
    And I don't think the story is that good either, but I also think you are making it worse than it seems.

Making it seem they are heading to Silithus? What, they are holding flags with "heading for Silithus" written on them? How are the Alliance to know that the Horde are heading to Silithus? Because there's nowhere else interesting to be headed? How about, gasp, Teldrassil, which the Horde end up marching to, as we know?
    Well, the orders the Horde received were to march south. The SI-7 spies got intel telling they were heading south. Only a few key characters knew it was a feint, which was revealed to the rest of the Horde when it was near the Crossroads.

The big elephant in the room is that... there was no one actually monitoring the Horde's movement? The night elves didn't keep tabs on their own borders? The story makes it seem like the Alliance only finds out about the feint when the Horde is already taking Ashenvale, when in a more realistic setting it should be ready to defend the borders of the Ashenvale.

I think part of this is due to development constraints. Blizzard wanted to keep the event in Darkshore, so they needed to skip the Ashenvale part as much as possible.

* Night elves send their fleet to Silithus in order to oppose the army. --- Sending fleet to Silithus? Do they expect the fleet to be so much faster than the Horde who are already marching, that they can (a) take the time to understand what the Horde are doing, (b) deliver the news to Teldrassil, (c) get the fleet ready (must be super-quick here unless they were already planned to march just didn't know where), and (d) sail faster than the Horde marches despite the winds / whatever else? How is it supposed to work?
    Ships move faster than a ground army, though. Also, distance to Silithus from Teldrassil by sea is way less than going by ground from Durotar. You don't need to worry about terrain while sailing, nor about troops getting tired. So, the night elves probably expected to arrive there first, and it makes sense that they'd be able to turn back in time.

Also keep in mind that the in-lore event happens over days, not minutes like in-game. You can't walk from Barrens to Darkshore in a few hours.

* Horde instead heads to Ashenvale. Assassins make the night elf outposts there vulnerable, so the army invades easily. --- Brilliant plan, just brilliant, and it worked, applause. The only issue in it is: how exactly do the Horde know that the Alliance sailed to Silithus? Huh? Do they just hope that the Alliance will sail there based on the Horde staying and making barbecue in Barrens thinking "the Horde must be obviously heading for Silithus, hence we will sail there immediately"? Because this feels a bit dumb. Or do they wait for a message from their own spies that yeah, the Alliance fleet went away? Because this adds another round of latency here and one more round to this "X waits for Y, Y waits for X" game which just makes everything slow.
    Again, the Horde planted the information that it was heading to Silithus and spurred the night elves to react. Once that reaction was confirmed, the Horde army changed direction for the invasion.

Of course, it doesn't mean the events that follow are perfect, but, again, I blame it on development constraints. They wanted to skip the conflict in Ashenvale.

We are asked to take on board that the Alliance watch the Horde like hawks, basically from satellites or close to it, that the Alliance is damn fast, much faster than the Horde, and this is why the plan of the Horde works: they move one zone and bam, the Alliance already catapulted themselves into Silithus. But then we are asked to take on board that the Alliance suddenly lost vision of the Horde and / or stopped being much faster than the Horde, and so when the Horde move one zone in the other direction, the Alliance suddenly are taken by surprise and their fleet suddenly cannot get back in time either, not even to Teldrassil.
    Look, the story is not great, but this is the part you make it sound way worse than it actually is.

The Horde planted information to mislead the Alliance. The Alliance reacted with a faster-moving army (boats are faster than ground forces). The Horde waited and changed directions. The Alliance picked up the feint, but by then the Horde was already in Ashenvale.

It's a weak story, but not so terrible as you make it seem.

My most despised part is yet to come, however. There's a scene in particular that paints everyone as a complete idiot and, IMO, makes some characters' brains unredeemable. Blizzard made several adjustments to part 1 (comparing PTR to live), so I'm hoping this scene has also been improved, or we will be discussing a huge shitstorm next week.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-07-25 at 02:25 PM.
    Whatever...

^^ I apologize for posting without reading your notes in full, I agree it is better than I said, that's why I deleted my post shortly after (but you already replied). I will read more carefully in the future.

^^ I apologize for posting without reading your notes in full, I agree it is better than I said, that's why I deleted my post shortly after (but you already replied). I will read more carefully in the future.
    No problem!

Now hoping "that scene" got improved, or else we will have several brain-dead characters to complain about.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh, someone should show that to the secrets discord
    Nice sarcasm :P

By the way, you can see how the bounty / assassin system works in Darkshore. There're probably several times as many Horde players with the war mode on than there are Alliance players, but that's actually good for the Alliance as long as you go with a group (the culprit is always the availability of targets and you have more of them).

5+ Year Old Account
    By the way, you can see how the bounty / assassin system works in Darkshore. There're probably several times as many Horde players with the war mode on than there are Alliance players, but that's actually good for the Alliance as long as you go with a group (the culprit is always the availability of targets and you have more of them).
    When I ran the event last night on my Hordie I had to get past a whole guild of Worgen who were blockading Zoram'gar Outpost.

I stayed on ground mounts the whole time because RP and scale. >.>
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    When I ran the event last night on my Hordie I had to get past a whole guild of Worgen who were blockading Zoram'gar Outpost.

I stayed on ground mounts the whole time because RP and scale. >.>
    Speaking of blocking, did they fix warlock portals to allow going through them? Because if they did not, a couple of warlocks can create a lot of havoc in a lot of places.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    In book she had a battalion of 200 Dark Rangers with her.
    Even if she had two thousand, which wouldn't much more unbelievable, I alone probably squashed 50 of them today. They were an elite unit previously.

Speaking of blocking, did they fix warlock portals to allow going through them? Because if they did not, a couple of warlocks can create a lot of havoc in a lot of places.
    That was fixed.

Even if she had two thousand, which wouldn't much more unbelievable, I alone probably squashed 50 of them today. They were an elite unit previously.
    Because the game is shitty medium for portraying armies and numbers. 7th Legion and Kor'kron were portrayed as elite in WotLK and we slaughtered billions of them since then. Same goes for overall population of various races. Horde went not only through civil war but several other conflicts that should have significantly reduced their numbers, yet we don't see that reflected in the game.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

WoW has always been piss poor to display numbers and size. I remember laughing my ass off when an NPC tells you we're being invaded only to see a measly portal opening to so that 5 pitiful demons can "invade". The game wouldn't support larger numbers so it's down to imagination.

10 YEARS BABY! AWW YISS!

you can mass train an elite unit. nathanos has also been training them for years, since his recruitment into the forsaken. so many elves died, and human forsaken are being trained as well.

and of course they can't stand against us. we're one of the strongest people on the planet. sylvanas herself is probably not as strong as a couple of the class leaders.

Meh, I just find it weird how they were sparingly used before whenever we encountered them and now suddenly they casually fullfil the roles of archers, even though sylvanas trained some of them as well and they even made a point out of it during legion.

Other than that, astranaar is just weird after having played the other side. They completely got rid of the nelfs in the horde version, to the point that it just makes no sense whatsoever. At first I thought the wisps are supposed to tell the true story here.. but Saurfang kinda blames them on Malfurion. In the Alliance version these are also because of the dead. I can't wait for the next 2 years of horde-only fanbois claiming they did no wrong in ashenvale..

7+ Year Old Account
    So are the transmog dropped by the Darkshore WQs actually unique or no? Can I get them from other places in the game right now instead?