7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The same way most Horde fans seem to be reacting.

"There must be an excuse. The... THE TREE IS CORRUPTED, CLEARLY!"
    Eh, YouTubers are usually level-headed. His reaction was just "son, I'm dissapoint".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The Loa that gave him advise was probably corrupted by G'huun.
    But as an undead, Sylvanas is enemy of the Void. Why would an Old God empower her?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There is this guy, SoulSoBreezy. A horde fanboy (self proclaimed), he kept finding "other possibilities" for Teldrassil burning. Wonder how he reacts
    if he's the same as every youtuber except preach, most likely sucking up in hopes of keeping on blizzard's good side. as funny as T&E are, they are major bootlickers.

bellular's actually on the payroll now as well, so he can't say anything negative.

anyone that doesn't come out and call this for the shit writing that it is, has to be on the payroll or are hoping to be.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But as an undead, Sylvanas is enemy of the Void. Why would an Old God empower her?
    Because it helps the Old Gods out in the end.

"Hey, Champion, it'd be really great if you could gather all this Azerite into this necklace so we can use it to heal the Titan Soul."

"Hey, Champion, we need this Azerite to stop Sylvanas from being all Lich Queeney."

And then we find out in the end that we were so busy fighting a war that Azeroth (the Titan) is now corrupted.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading most (not all) of the shit posting going on here today I have something to say. Quite obvious the majority of you are Alliance players with comments like "it's obvious Horde are evil and Alliance are the heroes" how the hell do you get that. If they were heroes why didn't they do something? Did they not see the catapults aimed at their stupid tree? Did they not have "ears and eyes" amongst the Horde ranks? In reality it was all of you who "speculated" for page upon page of who/what/where was going to burn the tree. I seriously think you had yourselves convinced it wasn't going to be Sylvanas and I say.......HA! Gotcha!. Good job Blizzard These forums are but a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and I'm sure there are many like me that are giving Sylvanas and Blizzard a high five and dancing upon night elf crispy critters. As said before....it's a frigging game...none of these pixel people exist....their pixel world doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    After reading most (not all) of the shit posting going on here today I have something to say. Quite obvious the majority of you are Alliance players with comments like "it's obvious Horde are evil and Alliance are the heroes" how the hell do you get that. If they were heroes why didn't they do something? Did they not see the catapults aimed at their stupid tree? Did they not have "ears and eyes" amongst the Horde ranks? In reality it was all of you who "speculated" for page upon page of who/what/where was going to burn the tree. I seriously think you had yourselves convinced it wasn't going to be Sylvanas and I say.......HA! Gotcha!. Good job Blizzard These forums are but a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and I'm sure there are many like me that are giving Sylvanas and Blizzard a high five and dancing upon night elf crispy critters. As said before....it's a frigging game...none of these pixel people exist....their pixel world doesn't exist.
    Because it was a surprise, the Alliance didn't expect Teldrassil to go up in flames.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So ignoring that the "oh all the attackers are just mesogynistic pigs" thing for a moment. Did Terran just throw Christie under the bus and say that she is in fact involved in all this?

https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...95885143359489

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    These forums are but a tiny tiny fraction of the player base and I'm sure there are many like me that are giving Sylvanas and Blizzard a high five and dancing upon night elf crispy critters. As said before....it's a frigging game...none of these pixel people exist....their pixel world doesn't exist.
    So this is basically another "Why do you care? It's just a game lol"? You came to the site devoted to WoW, to the thread devoted to BfA and ask why do people care? And about this "tiny fraction", yes MMO-C is minority, but go outside of it. Go check Reddit main post with it's over 5.5k comments and entire front page covered with discussion and memes ridiculing this cinematic. Check YouTube reactions and comments under there, go to Twitter and see Golden denying participation in creation of Warbringers. I haven't seen ANYONE "giving Sylvanas and Blizzard a high five".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    >anime poster
    >Hates sjws

checks out.
    It's too perfect. Now we just need some guy with a My little pony avatar advocating for genocide and I've got my bingo chart filled.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ignoring that the "oh all the attackers are just mesogynistic pigs" thing for a moment. Did Terran just throw Christie under the bus and say that she is in fact involved in all this?

Note he says the cinematics that haven't been released yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if people will realize this horrible writing is a result of the community pushing for Sylvanas's presence in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I wonder if people will realize this horrible writing is a result of the community pushing for Sylvanas's presence in the story.
    She can have a presence in the story without being a mustache twirling personification of evil that burns down an enemy capital with all the people in it because a dying soldier felt sorry for her.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Sounds like Terran doesn't count Warbringers as an ingame cinematic.

Deleted
    Honestly Sylvanas' characterization isn't the problem, seems the logical course for her.
    The problem is she shouldn't have been in the position she's in to begin with, but the writers insist on switching out the Horde's leadership when they're reasonable people like Thrall or Vol'jin, with the worst possible choices just to justify the faction conflict by having these new leaders lead the Horde into war crimes and atrocities.

We're just getting a retread of MoP where this Horde, that's been written as the misunderstood but heroic noble savages since Warcraft 3, is being reduced to being the ugly violent monsters to serve as a foil to the good and noble Alliance simply because of their leadership.

By all accounts of lessons learned in the past, the whole identity-searching of the Horde during MoP, the moment Sylvanas gave that order Saurfang should have cut her head off.

7+ Year Old Account

He's saying she's involved in unreleased cinematics for BFA. Obviously means Golden didn't take part in what was released today.

Regardless though, pretty stupid as fuck to personally attack a writer (or whoever involved) for the way a story ends up going. Utter stupidity at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Honestly Sylvanas' characterization isn't the problem, seems the logical course for her.
    The problem is she shouldn't have been in the position she's in to begin with, but the writers insist on switching out the Horde's leadership when they're reasonable people like Thrall or Vol'jin, with the worst possible choices just to justify the faction conflict by having these new leaders lead the Horde into war crimes and atrocities.

We're just getting a retread of MoP where this Horde, that's been written as the misunderstood but heroic noble savages since Warcraft 3, is being reduced to being the ugly violent monsters to serve as a foil to the good and noble Alliance simply because of their leadership.

By all accounts of lessons learned in the past, the whole identity-searching of the Horde during MoP, the moment Sylvanas gave that order Saurfang should have cut her head off.
    Could you imagine this storyline with Vol'jin in charge? If he had lived? The Horde being blamed for Varian's death, the Alliance trying to escalate things in Silithus, Sylvanas playing the evil adviser encouraging Vol'jin that the only way to truly have Peace is if there was an ocean between the two factions? And then when Vol'jin finally caves in and attacks the Night Elves, Sylvanas goes off the wire and burns the tree and the blame is left squarely at the Horde's feet?

It'd be a lot more interesting than just "evil Warchief does evil."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    He's saying she's involved in unreleased cinematics for BFA. Obviously means Golden didn't take part in what was released today.

Regardless though, pretty stupid as fuck to personally attack a writer (or whoever involved) for the way a story ends up going. Utter stupidity at its finest.
    TBF the WoW community isn't known for being intelligent. And Golden isn't the first dev to draw the ire of the fanbase. Just watch a Q&A with the Twitch Chat open and you'll probably see far worse things than what was thrown at Golden today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post

I mean, to be fair. Do Horde players get to see the reaction of Saurfang or Nathanos at any point after that cinematic plays out? Just because we didn't see it in that moment doesn't necessarily mean they agree with her.

She's Warchief, they have to follow her orders or risk fighting her/her loyalists. Gotta have more cunning than that if you want to overthrow a Subjugator imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you imagine this storyline with Vol'jin in charge? If he had lived? The Horde being blamed for Varian's death, the Alliance trying to escalate things in Silithus, Sylvanas playing the evil adviser encouraging Vol'jin that the only way to truly have Peace is if there was an ocean between the two factions? And then when Vol'jin finally caves in and attacks the Night Elves, Sylvanas goes off the wire and burns the tree and the blame is left squarely at the Horde's feet?

It'd be a lot more interesting than just "evil Warchief does evil."
    I get not wanting your faction to be bad but this wouldn't change much except the problem being on the other side. Many people would still be upset.

TBF the WoW community isn't known for being intelligent. And Golden isn't the first dev to draw the ire of the fanbase. Just watch a Q&A with the Twitch Chat open and you'll probably see far worse things than what was thrown at Golden today.
    I remember when Varian died and some people still got pissy at Sylvanas(I didn't but whaetevs)

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Any large community will have its share of idiots. The internet just makes it easier to identify em.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    She can have a presence in the story without being a mustache twirling personification of evil that burns down an enemy capital with all the people in it because a dying soldier felt sorry for her.
    Unless that is entirely within her character. Which a lot of people (not you personally) seem to be failing to grasp.