Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    NO YOU BETTER LEAVE SILVERMOON ALONE!!!

You can have Feralas and the new city can be Eldre'thalas...And it also can have a Warfront too...
    don't worry about silvermoon.

blizzard's far too pathetically penny-pinching to ever do anything noteworthy with it.

You can have Feralas and the new city can be Eldre'thalas...And it also can have a Warfront too...
    C'mon. You know you want to see Silvermoon in these colors:

One one hand old BC Silvermoon for ever, on the other spiffy updated one if it is a Warfront. Choices, Choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    That was disappointing. No in-game rendered cinematic, just a 2-d short.
    yeah, I am in the same boat - worst ingame cinematic ever since classic. hell even the classic intro animation is 9000 times better then this.....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can see the people who didn't roll a Demon Hunter...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    You just want your undead faction, I see through you!! -_O

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Who's the person your profile pic, I want to know for...research purposes. And asking for a friend obviously.
    Which undead meaty bits are falling off me this time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Soon.
    I can already hear the screeching from Blood Elf mains

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    LMAO today is a lovely day for Sylvanas Memes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Which undead meaty bits are falling off me this time?
    Har Har very punny

I don't want to pile up on yesterday's disaster too much, but I'll say one more thing.

Here's Sylvanas text from the quest where she rationalizes capturing Teldrassil: "What IS certain is that the Alliance will use Darnassus as [... ... ...] By occupying Darnassus, we will control the flow of Azerite and ensure it cannot be used against us. The Alliance will dare not attack its own city for fear of harming civilians. With a single stroke, we will guarantee generations of peace."

Then she decides to burn the tree.

What happened to guaranteeing generations of peace by keeping the city hostage??

Please note that both the quest and the video were new, they were written at the same time. It's not like they had to work around some old and established fact and couldn't do this gracefully enough, they literally (the real 'literally', not the forum one) were writing both these things together and they could have synchronized them perfectly. In fact, they should have synchronized them perfectly, this is called making sense. People usually expect that from stories.

That they managed to fell into such a hole on a completely flat surface just tells volumes about how much effort they put into this = just cobble up a couple of twists with the Horde attacking and the Alliance defending, add some external treats, then call it a day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Noone put Azula down. Zuko imprisoned her and likely kept visiting her and trying to make her see reason and be family again till the end of their days.
    Well that's what I meant. Azula was chained up and spouting fire like a rabid dog. Sylvanas is their sister so maybe they'll do something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't want to pile up on yesterday's disaster too much, but I'll say one more thing.

Here's Sylvanas text from the quest where she rationalizes capturing Teldrassil: "What IS certain is that the Alliance will use Darnassus as [... ... ...] By occupying Darnassus, we will control the flow of Azerite and ensure it cannot be used against us. The Alliance will dare not attack its own city for fear of harming civilians. With a single stroke, we will guarantee generations of peace."

Then she decides to burn the tree.

What happened to guaranteeing generations of peace by keeping the city hostage??

Please note that both the quest and the video were new, they were written at the same time. It's not like they had to work around some old and established fact and couldn't do this gracefully enough, they literally (the real 'literally', not the forum one) were writing both these things together and they could have synchronized them perfectly. In fact, they should have synchronized them perfectly, this is called making sense. People usually expect that from stories.

That they managed to fell into such a hole on a completely flat surface just tells volumes about how much effort they put into this = just cobble up a couple of twists with the Horde attacking and the Alliance defending, add some external treats, then call it a day.
    I think some people need to come to a cold-hard truth: Sylvanas is a self-serving, petty, bitch and everything she did in the cinematic was very in line with her character. "Oh you think I can't kill HOPE?! WELL I'LL SHOW YOU WENCH!" she even says after the fact "I didn't anticipate the situation to come to this" (basically admitting to being petty). She obviously did want to occupy Teldrassil but realized it'd be futile for what she really wanted to do: Make others feel the same hopelessness she has.

Anyways, most of this comes from the new Taliesin video. But it's completely in line with her character. It very much makes sense that when you have someone petty they will do whatever spiteful thing they can when they can't get under someone's skin (Delaryn's).

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Sylvanas, but right now she has been made to be a character to hate at this moment.

Steampunkette QFTing Bjoramier. The end is nigh.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

All I know is, I cannot wait to have some time to look at all the new memes the community will produce on this
    I hope someone takes the logo for WoW or Blizzard, bends it a bit like it is lying on the ground and puts the huge burning Teldrassil on top of it.

Her Moral Greyness aside, the burning was a great moment. The music was perfect, and being given an impossible quest to save all of the civilians was a nice touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Something different for a change. Since the Sylvanas cinematic is ingame now and the harbinger ones were all ingame as well. Any ideas where the Jaina one could be? Maybe it's the dream she has during the cross over to Kul Tiras? Random ass book somewhere in the world we have yet to find?

7+ Year Old Account
    Noone put Azula down. Zuko imprisoned her and likely kept visiting her and trying to make her see reason and be family again till the end of their days.
    because it was a "child cartoon", they prob think it would not be cool for the kids see some murders
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-01 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    am i the only one that afraids that blizzard after all this fuss in reddit/mmo-c/official forums/twitter, will change the story and save sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    am i the only one that afraids that blizzard after all this fuss in reddit/mmo-c/official forums/twitter, will change the story and save sylvanas?
    Na, this is blizzard. They will double down and ruin some alliance character for parity. They already set up Jaina for that very purpose. At the end of the expansion we will be down 2 blondes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Na, this is blizzard. They will double down and ruin some alliance character for parity. They already set up Jaina for that very purpose. At the end of the expansion we will be down 2 blondes.
    If Jaina has to pay the price too then so be it.
    It's too late for redemption now, they have to finish what they started. If they find a way to redeem Sylvanas after this, I will honestly choke on my own vomit.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    It's too late for redemption now, they have to finish what they started. If they find a way to redeem Sylvanas after this, I will honestly choke on my own vomit.
    Do they need to though? I'm perfectly fine with her and her horde being the "evil" choice, it's a lot more interesting than two factions that are only separable by race and banner. Hopefully she stays on to make the divide more clear over the coming years. They can actually do an interesting PvE story with the Horde and Alliance being at each other's throats at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    They redeemed Kerrigan, someone who eradicated worlds worth of people. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard, but I think they currently go in a different direction. The Saurfang setup, Calia, Voss and all that is way too strong atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Do they need to though? I'm perfectly fine with her and her horde being the "evil" choice, it's a lot more interesting than two factions that are only separable by race and banner. Hopefully she stays on to make the divide more clear over the coming years. They can actually do an interesting PvE story with the Horde and Alliance being at each other's throats at the same time.
    No they don't need to. If they want to keep her around for another expansion or two then fine, although highly unlikely. I don't mind her being the evil choice.
    But if they are trying to decide between death and redemption for her in BfA, the redemption part is by far the wrost choice.