Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    People have full right to be angry about shitty story writing, however, Ion never promised them a morally grey sylvanas as the claim he did. Thats what I was saying the whole time, and you kept on derailing that the whole faction is evil, no buts or ifs.
    Do you want me to remind you why it is that people are up in arms? You previously said that it was irrelevant, but you yourself are getting back to it, showing that quite to the contrary, this is what you wanted to talk about.

People are up in arms because Blizzard were pretending for a long time that there is a deep story, but there wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Your words:

Boooyaaa. Get fucked.
    Bold me the words "the whole faction is evil for sacking a city with civilians", dummy.

As I said, you cannot read.

You came here trying to say it's all players fault, that players were oh-so-wrong and just misinterpreted what Ion and others were saying. This was stupid and wrong. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK but can we add Nathanos, Saurfang and the army that is stationed in Darkshore in the list of who is evil? Cause you know, they all actively helped. Oh and of course, horde player characters.
    Yeah, and Saurfang defects, Nathanos is surprised by her action 2nd time in ahort period of time, and Baine personally oversees Horde actions in Zandalar because he doesnt truat her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Do you want me to remind you why it is that people are up in arms? You previously said that it was irrelevant, but you yourself are getting back to it, showing that quite to the contrary, this is what you wanted to talk about.

People are up in arms because Blizzard were pretending for a long time that there is a deep story, but there wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Bold me the words "the whole faction is evil for sacking a city with civilians", dummy.

As I said, you cannot read.

You came here trying to say it's all players fault, that players were oh-so-wrong and just misinterpreted what Ion and others were saying. This was stupid and wrong. End of story.
    Oh, now you pretend you cant read and become reading comprehesion detailist. How suitable. Amazing.

And dont worry, I choose faction based on racial abilities performance, not story.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Oh, now you pretend you cant read. Amazing.
    What, you have difficulty finding in my words what you said I said? What a surprise.

Go blame players more for misunderstanding poor Ion. You need to keep this myth of players misunderstanding Blizzard because your Horde ego has a hard time making peace with the fact that your faction managed to be painted like shit once again. Not that the Alliance is painted particularly well, but you liked chanting your stupid "Blood and Honor" too much to let it go just yet. Or maybe it's the reverse and that's just the fairly usual round for blaming everything you don't particularly care about on the players, this also happens and is also silly.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-01 at 01:46 PM.

What, you have difficulty finding in my words what you said I said? What a surprise.

Go blame players more for misunderstanding poor Ion. You need to keep this myth of players misunderstanding Blizzard because your Horde ego has a hard time making peace with the fact that your faction managed to be painted like shit once again. Not that the Alliance is painted particularly well, but you liked chanting your stupid "Blood and Honor" too much to let it go just yet.
    Yes, they did. He promised no morally grey Sylvanas. And ye, wow story is bad and was bad. And will remain bad.

And again Racials > factions, story, everything. Faction pride is a topic for casuals, not me.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Oh my he is surprised at her being genocidal, that totes makes him a paragon of virtue.
    I mean he is even shown to light up the ammo the catapults shoot.
    Well, hes her lover, obviously he wont be the one to be wary of her. His book reactions were better. You ignored the other two with success tho. He will be the Malkorok of BfA's SoO.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

He promised no morally grey Sylvanas.
    Last try.

And? Are you saying it just to say it, as in, "ATVI fell down X points yesterday, then recovered", or are you saying it with relation to the recent disaster of the video? If it is the former, cool and nobody cares. If it is the latter, what is the relation?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    She fired on the Desolate Council because at least 5 that we know of -were- defecting. It wasn't "Hope to reunite with their family" that she killed them over. It was the Temptation to Defect. Everyone glomps onto the "That hope" part of the statement but she says "Tempted" first. Tempted to what? Defect. Tempted to run across the field and join the Alliance, brought back to Thoradin's wall by Fear rather than Loyalty.

And nah, Aeluron. I'm not mad because I was wrong. I'm mad because I was lied to. The devs actively made statements like "She's not evil, she just has a different perspective" and "She's not a mustache-twirling cartoon villain" or "We didn't intend for Sylvanas to seem as evil as she does" for the past 8 months.

And yes. It was out of her ass that she pulled the Cartoon Villainy. She's a planner and a manipulator and this that and the other, has been for years, now. The person who lies her way to power and whatever. But nope! Some Nelf says something mean and she REEEEEES up and discards all her plans of conquest like Cobra Commander getting taunted by one of the GI Joes.

"Cold and Uncaring" are your words, but the woman we saw on that screen was anything but.
    I don't mean this in a way to rub it in, but it always seemed fairly obvious to me that she was going to burn it, that was she was going to do something shitty. Maybe that's just the jaded part of me that's been disillusioned with many years of bad writing, but I didn't believe them for a second when they said she wasn't going to be evil. Still. I feel fairly bad for you since you actually liked her character and went out of your way to try make sense of this without delving into the "she is evil camp" like most of us were. So, believe me when I say I'm sincerely sorry this isn't what you wanted. I'd say I hope this story is going to get better, but I'd be lying if I thought there was any potential in a blizzard faction conflict storyline.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Last try.

And? Are you saying it just to say it, as in, "ATVI fell down X points yesterday, then recovered", or are you saying it with relation to the recent disaster of the video? If it is the former, cool and nobody cares. If it is the latter, what is the relation?
    That crying "Ion promised us" is based on misunderstanding. Instead should be crying "why are your story writers shit".
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I don't mean this in a way to rub it in, but it always seemed fairly obvious to me that she was going to burn it, that was she was going to do something shitty. Maybe that's just the jaded part of me that's been disillusioned with many years of bad writing, but I didn't believe them for a second when they said she wasn't going to be evil. Still. I feel fairly bad for you since you actually liked her character and went out of your way to try make sense of this without delving into the "she is evil camp" like most of us were. So, believe me when I say I'm sincerely sorry this isn't what you wanted. I'd say I hope this story is going to get better, but I'd be lying if I thought there was any potential in a blizzard faction conflict storyline.
    It's not bad writing at all, you don't have to like what happened but it's not out of nowhere, Sylvanas has ALWAYS been contemptable.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Indeed, I ignored Baine, who I did not mention him in the post you quoted. Also Saurfang who just tries to die to atone but only really breaks with Sylvanas after she rezzes Horde soldiers as mindless zombies and just sits there firing catapults and burning night elven children alive.
    Took him less time than with Garrosh, he lasted for 2 expansions and several massacres with him because muh oath.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean we can always cry that he is an incompetent communicator then.
    He is really competent and will turn it around with his lawyerish speech. Blaming his 'promise' instead of writing staff being shit will change nothing. Its like misdirect.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

That crying "Ion promised us" is based on misunderstanding. Instead should be crying "why are your story writers shit".
    Did Blizzard promise a deep story and did they deliver?

Deleted
    Who could ever imagine that sudden and unexpected character twist?

Did Blizzard promise a deep story and did they deliver?
    Story as in burning or story as a whole expansion story? Because that the problem, vague promise and people beating at wrong door.

Buhuhu you promised instead of your employees are shit at story telling.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Story as in burning or story as a whole expansion story? Because that the problem, vague promise and people beating at wrong door.

Buhuhu you promised unstead of your employees are shit at story telling.
    The burning story. Did they promise a deep story about the burning of Teldrassil and did they deliver?

The burning story. Did they promise a deep story about the burning of Teldrassil and did they deliver?
    Never have I seen them tell that about Teldrassil, can you pin point it? I've seen similar about the whole expansion, never about the tree.

Because if they did exactly and cant be misinterpretedits a good weapon against them. If not, its another mitigated shit.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Never have I seen them tell that about Teldrassil, can you pin point it? I've seen similar about the whole expansion, never about the tree.
    Did they or did they not promise a deep story about the burning of Teldrassil, via hints and tweets and "well, it might be more complex than you think" and did they deliver? You were such a fan of yes/no questions before, how come you are juggling your butt for the third post now. Answer.

Did they or did they not promise a deep story about the burning of Teldrassil, via hints and tweets and "well, it's probably more complex, there are reasons" and did they deliver? You were such a fan of yes/no questions before, how come you are juggling your butt for the third post now. Answer.
    I never seen that promise, so I go with NO, they never promised a deep story about teldrassil, wording it like that. So if they did show me, I will be happy as that can be used against them.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not bad writing at all, you don't have to like what happened but it's not out of nowhere, Sylvanas has ALWAYS been contemptable.
    I think you misread my post. Or misunderstood. Either way that's fine and I'll rephrase it in a hopefully easier way to understand. I immediately assumed something based off nothing and assumed the Opposite of what Blizzard said they were going to BECAUSE of years of bad writing in general. Hopefully this clears that up.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

You know, we don't need quotes and facts right? No one is preparing a lawsuit against Blizzard. If their communication left enough people with this impression, then that is all that matters.
    If theres exact quote they will have harder time dodging their mistakes. Feelcraft means nada for me. BRB in a while, sell run scheduled.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

They did say that the burning was going to be more complex than "lol sylvannas is evil." And I guess this is technically more deep, because it highlights the lies she tells others and herself. She claims to be dead to the world, that the living are cursed and death is freedom from emotion. But she let emotion rule her actions right here. If anything, it basically proves that being undead is just a shadow of life.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!