Deleted
    I think it'll be like a mix of MoP and WoD. It'll be a chill expansion, giving us a break from all the doom and gloom for a few months. But it'll want to set the new major story arc in motion faster than MoP -> WoD -> Legion did, because hype and so on. Besides, Ion did say it'd have void/shadow, didn't he? So it can't be too far distanced from the next story arc, like MoP was to WoD (it basically only had the Garrosh breadcrumb and the Burning Legion history narration).

So I'm guessing 8.0 is an adventure on the great seas, but the underlying problem is the Old Gods. But it'll probably be a lot of intrigues, betrayal, deception, etc. Then things escalate rather quickly. 9.0 it'll probably be a war against the Void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I think it'll be like a mix of MoP and WoD. It'll be a chill expansion, giving us a break from all the doom and gloom for a few months. But it'll want to set the new major story arc in motion faster than MoP -> WoD -> Legion did, because hype and so on. Besides, Ion did say it'd have void/shadow, didn't he? So it can't be too far distanced from the next story arc, like MoP was to WoD (it basically only had the Garrosh breadcrumb and the Burning Legion history narration).

So I'm guessing 8.0 is an adventure on the great seas, but the underlying problem is the Old Gods. But it'll probably be a lot of intrigues, betrayal, deception, etc. Then things escalate rather quickly. 9.0 it'll probably be a war against the Void.
    The only thing that i dont agree with you is the war against the void, i dont think that we will be facing the void in the near future, Blizz you probally use the void to create a lot of new enemies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Void still seems to be the strongest possibility, due to the amount of hints present in game.

Il'gynoth quotes:

"To find him, drown yourself in the Circle of Stars."
    "Five keys to open our way. Five torches light our path."
    "The Lord of Ravens will turn the key."
    "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you."
    "The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn."
    "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."
    "At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming."
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength."
    "Its surface blazes light, masking shadow below."

They were in the game for a long time now, but with the story development, we have more context now. Some are still without context, like the young king one.
    The first one is especially interesting, after this was found in deepholm.

Also there are whispers from Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire. Shadow priest weapon, made from an old god's claw. There are many of them, here are some that I found interesting:

"For this idiotic pustule of N'Zoth to have lived so long... it does little to refute my opinion of this world's new owners." (Encountering Mindflayer Kaahrj)
    In Highmountain: "The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins."
    In Val'sharah: "Here you will see why the Legion's invasion is ultimately futile. All can be corrupted, dreams and demons alike."
    In Azsuna: "The Legion burrows deep here. If they burrow deeper, they may not like what they find."
    In Suramar: "This city of the elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city..."

In Netherlight Temple ( Priest Order Hall):
    • "I know the naaru consider us horrors to be resisted. We do not share this view. They are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path. They will return to their masters... in time."
    • "Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed?"
    • "The research into the Void here is commendable, but ultimately futile. How could you possibly understand what the titans did not?"

"The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight."

And another one at the end of emerald nightmare, in the dream, after defeating Xavius. There's a Remnant of the Void, a flower with a void portal blooming above it:

"Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the Rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare."
    But Void is something that must be introduce as a threat.. so Void, just like Old Gods, IMO is something that will be present, but not a direct and visible threat in the next expansion. Also, we can't do anything against an Old Gods, even titans cant kill them... we (with Titan helps) can just contain them and I dont see another expansion about another jailed final boss.

So, "the last presone weakens" and "breaking free ever so slowly" suggest to me that its still a slow process to free "the one of the tree"...
    And we still have the other two to deal with...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-08-27 at 04:05 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post

Yeah, I'm with you on that. 8.0 is going to be just fun with a build up to 9.0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    The only thing that i dont agree with you is the war against the void, i dont think that we will be facing the void in the near future, Blizz you probally use the void to create a lot of new enemies.
    It doesn't have to be Void Lords, just the Void in general. Their minions or whatever. Old Gods all out war.

I'd love to have an expansion that changes direction. Imagine starting the next one getting attacked by Trolls, Murlocs, Pirates and all manner of Sea denizens. (not a pre-xp event, an actual first patch worth of content). Then you find out they weren't just attacking for fun. They were running for their lives. Then you change course and start fighting the Naga and/or Void forces.

Here's my two cents:

Continent: Kul Tiras
    Capital(s): Boralus (Alliance) and a random city for the Horde that's under the control of the Stormreaver Clan and/or the trolls of Zul'Dare
    Zones: Balor, Crestfall, Kul Tiras (subdivided into 2-3 zones), Tol Barad, and Zul'Dare
    Location: West of Gilneas and north of Vashj'ir (the island in the Chronicles map will be retconned as Balor)
    Setting (Paint Theme): Gilneas meets the Iron Islands (GoT) coupled with Venice as well as a low-level farmland/tributary system
    Religion: The Tirasians worship the God of the Sea (once again, think of the Drowned God from GoT) versus the Light (Gilneas has a touch of this with the Old Ways)

Setting (Actual): The Shattering shifted the islands slightly out-of-alignment. As a result, the Tirasians were moved closer to the Prison of N'Zoth, the Corruptor. Masquerading as their God of the Sea, the denizens of the island slowly fell under his sway; thus, a civil war broke out between the followers of N'Zoth and the uncorrupted followers of Jaina Proudmoore. During the melee, the trolls of Zul'Dare - seeking retribution (and in allegiance to Zandalar) - attacked the northern shores of the island. Likewise, the remnants of the Stormreaver Clan (who joined the Horde during Garrosh's reign) have been split into two factions - one loyal to the Horde and the other loyal to Gul'dan/The Burning Legion.

Faction(s): Alliance (Tirasians), Human (Old God), Old God, Stormreaver Clan (Orcs), Troll (Zul'Dare), Naga, etc.
    Emissaries: Jaina Proudmoore (due to N'Zoth, over the course of the expansion, she'll slowly descend into madness - in a long quest line) sends an emissary to the Alliance/the Stormreaver Clan sends an emissary to the Horde

Any thoughts?

P.S. The Naga will join with the followers of N'Zoth, and this expansion will be a MoP-like segue into the Void/Old God theme.

P.P.S. The questing experience will have level scaling added to it (capped at each expansion), and in an effort to give variety, some of the areas will be combined, e.g. Outland and Northrend will become 60-80. Also, if we're lucky, we'll get a revamp to the old world.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-08-27 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Old gods have never been that good end bosses tbh, that's why they've always been kind of a "Main side boss" such as C'thun, Yogg, Y'shaarj
    I hope Azshara is the final boss and N'zoth is the 8.2 one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I'd love to have an expansion that changes direction. Imagine starting the next one getting attacked by Trolls, Murlocs, Pirates and all manner of Sea denizens. (not a pre-xp event, an actual first patch worth of content). Then you find out they weren't just attacking for fun. They were running for their lives. Then you change course and start fighting the Naga and/or Void forces.
    Agreed! Something scaring the fish out of the water, as it were. Didn't something similar happen when the Gilblin appeared in the Swamp of Sorrows during the Shattering back in Cataclysm?

Anyway, I would freaking LOVE it if half the expansion took place on the oceans (tropical islands, ships, etc.) and the other half was deep below in Vashj'ir-like zones, where you encountered underwater cities, strange civilizations you had never heard of before, etc. Something really bizarre and wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Old gods have never been that good end bosses tbh, that's why they've always been kind of a "Main side boss" such as C'thun, Yogg, Y'shaarj
    I hope Azshara is the final boss and N'zoth is the 8.2 one.
    They can be very good end bosses, they just never have been at one point. C'thun was part of vanilla(A bit post vanilla If I remember right). Yogg was second tier only cause the focus was on the Scourge. Y'shaarj has been *dead*. N'zoth is more likely the final boss IMO Be a bit weird of Azshara dealt after Azshara.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    With Y'shaarj I meant the several Sha bosses that we fought, they were essentially the old gods of Pandaria.

With Y'shaarj I meant the several Sha bosses that we fought, they were essentially the old gods of Pandaria.
    With the 7 Shas being parts of Y'Sharaaj (the "Seven-Headed-Beast") this is right and wrong at the same time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    With the 7 Shas being parts of Y'Sharaaj (the "Seven-Headed-Beast") this is right and wrong at the same time.
    I'm always right.

I'm always right.
    Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always right.
    Tell me the name of the next expansion O' Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Tell me the name of the next expansion O' Lord
    Whispers in the Abyss

10+ Year Old Account
    Tides of the Abyss

/registered
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    this is how i'd like to see a South Seas expansion
    http://imgur.com/a/RfIpg

7+ Year Old Account
    So guys i was about to play some wow when something got my attention.

Gyazo to prove that is not a img that has been edited = https://gyazo.com/f42e3355f4119107474255364dd86665 {Also you can ask any Brazilian Player}

Imgur link = http://i.imgur.com/XFshiwM.jpg

Now what is peculiar about this image?

Look at the box at the left side of the lich king(Look the img at max size), you will note that below Maelstorm there is a little new continent tha isnt present in the game and looks like the format of that kultiras isles in that quest gear that is on the PTR.
    Also below the words "Descontos Imperdíveis em World of Warcraft" you can read the word "The South Seas" in the map.
    This image is a promotional image about a promotion currently ongoing in Brazil about "vacation in WoW" where the game is in promotion and there are some contests about posting ScreenShots of your char showing how you spend your vacation in the game.

So, i'm not that familiar with other maps of the game, but the in-game map does not have that for sure.

Could that be a acidental leak?
    (HYPE INTENSIFIES)