Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After doing it on 12 characters I have to say that it's an awful setting of the scene. Not only does the horde now officually have intercontinental catapults (!), the fact that a magical tree which is is in far from dying and being dry just catches fire like a matchstick, I have a hard time stopping my eyes from rolling whenever I think about it. If they had at least used azerite infused ammuniton this would have made a bit more sense, but given that azerite effects have a very distinct yellow-blue side effect it appears that they just used regular ammunition. If it was that easy to burn down a world tree, they could have done that at any moment by just loading up a few ships with 1 or 2 catapults and do a drive by of the tree. The logistics and scale are all so wrong, it's commical, as can also be seen when the fire balls hitting the tree suddenly are so large that teldrassil would have to be only one or two hundred meters in diameter to match that, when it "reality" it's supposed to be gigantic.

PS: Love the memes.
    It actually isn't supposed to be all that gigantic. It's probably one of the few places in game that is bigger than it actually should be. Realistically it should basically just be Darnassus, and then Dolanaar situated a bit off from the rest of the city in the brances. Basically just a small island on top of a tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    So got done the War of the Thorns...
    For the Horde!

These memes are amazing. You could never meme some of the other stupid stuff they've said/done in the past to this level.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I appreciate the humor and yes, this is funny.

But quite honestly, they have to shut down the servers right now. Because they are making people lose data. And this isn't happening in 1 case out of 100, this is rampant (you log in and you are affected, you are out hours of time you spent before and have a big headache).
    I haven't heard of it happening again recently, just people finding out that they lost quests yesterday after logging in today. Blues say it is fixed, saying otherwise is FUD.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-08-02 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I haven't heard of it happening again recently, just people finding out that they lost quests yesterday after logging in today. Blues say it is fixed, saying otherwise is FUD.
    Yes, they just said this is fixed. This happened 5 min ago:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=5#post-81

Your blue does not talk about the reports that this was unfixed after their initial saying "this is fixed", the one above does.

7+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is just a big meme, from human potential, is the for you, morally gray and now this, and this i just the pre-patch

what the fuck is coming in the future

Yes, they just said this is fixed. This happened 5 min ago:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=5#post-81

Your blue does not talk about the reports that this was unfixed after their initial saying "this is fixed", the one above does.
    He's also saying that all reports they've been getting after this was fixed are unsubstantiated and were of it happening before the fix was applied... so it is still fixed? Not sure why they would have to shut the servers down now.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Again, each insistence of that was looked into and verified to not be the case. Many of the claims that they were still experiencing the issue was based on that they had not had their quests returned to them, not that they were still disappearing.
    EDIT: Oh, do you mean that when you made your post it wasn't fixed yet or something?
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-08-02 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Do you think people will understand what Ion said about "morally grey" or we will still read retard monkeys writing "DURR SYLVANAS MORALLY GREY" until the end of bfa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    do you think people will understand what ion said about "morally grey" or we will still read retard monkeys writing "durr sylvanas morally grey" until the end of bfa?
    "durr sylvanas morally grey"

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    EDIT: Oh, do you mean that when you made your post it wasn't fixed yet or something?
    Yes, I meant that when I made my post, the blue talking that they carefully verified the "it's still unfixed" reports and found that things are alright in the end wasn't there. (No big deal. I agree they seem to have fixed it. I believe what they are saying.)

Yes, I meant that when I made my post, the blue talking that they carefully verified the "it's still unfixed" reports and found that things are alright in the end wasn't there. (No big deal. I agree they seem to have fixed it. As in, I believe what they are saying.)
    Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This expansion is just a big meme, from human potential, is the for you, morally gray and now this, and this i just the pre-patch

what the fuck is coming in the future
    Sylvanas character' doing what she did there is not out of character and is very much consistent with the story. Gilneas is no different than Teldrassil and Darnassus. In truth, Gilneas is much worse after the revelations of Chronicles 3.

I kept saying this and I'll say this again; the Horde needs to disassociate itself from Sylvanas in order to go forward as a proper protagonist faction. Nothing else, other than what we've seen in her Warbringer video, can be expected from a character like hers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    so whats with your graphics??

7+ Year Old Account
    We honestly should rename this expansion to memes of azeroth.

It has so much meme potential.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Sylvanas character' doing what she did there is not out of character and is very much consistent with the story. Gilneas is no different than Teldrassil and Darnassus. In truth, Gilneas is much worse after the revelations of Chronicles 3.

I kept saying this and I'll say this again; the Horde needs to disassociate itself from Sylvanas in order to go forward as a proper protagonist faction. Nothing else, other than what we've seen in her Warbringer video, can be expected from a character like hers.
    Have been horde since the release, since I was fuckin 12.

After this, you're absolutely right. I'm usually pretty optimistic with blizz storytelling, I don't think it's an easy job like everyone thinks it is. This though,..yeah this is just appalling.

You know EVEN IF there's some reason she did it, to the point where she was maybe forced to do it. It still doesn't explain her lines. She's pretty much anti-life now...a damn life racist ffs.

Unless they make it where, the old gods are possessing her or someone on the alliance is using something against her, there's no possible way for her to redeem herself.

After this, the Alliance needs to set up a council with the horde about who should be in charge of it. Like how countries actually do, come in, wipe out the past government and install a better one.

That's the only way it seems us horde will be able to survive. We apprentley can't be trusted to appoint any leaders at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It actually isn't supposed to be all that gigantic. It's probably one of the few places in game that is bigger than it actually should be. Realistically it should basically just be Darnassus, and then Dolanaar situated a bit off from the rest of the city in the brances. Basically just a small island on top of a tree.

Ingame everything happens on ground level, where as in the lore Elves would live on the branches on multiple layers though.

It seems the upcoming Novellas do redeem Saurfang. According to Nobble87, who got the books as preview, he didn't just stand there and watch the tree burn. "Saurfang screams for them to stop firing. This is not their way. This is not what he signed up for. But it was already too late." The screams remind him again of Shattrath and he did not move for hours as the tree burned down, filled with despair and shame, and heavily burdened.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It seems the upcoming Novellas do redeem Saurfang. According to Nobble87, who got the books as preview, he didn't just stand there and watch the tree burn. "Saurfang screams for them to stop firing. This is not their way. This is not what he signed up for. But it was already too late." The screams remind him again of Shattrath and he did not move for hours as the tree burned down, filled with despair and shame, and heavily burdened.
    Screams? Running around crying "please don't do it"??? How about he commands them to stop and confronts Sylvanas? Pathetic baby. Or, rather, Blizzard writers strike for the #254th time with their super-justifications and pretenses at "the story".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    It's not over! Now do the Alliance side
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Screams? Running around crying "please don't do it"??? How about he commands them to stop and confronts Sylvanas? Pathetic baby. Or, rather, Blizzard writers strike for the #254th time with their super-justifications and pretenses at "the story".
    Nothing will ever please you, will it? Of course Saurfang's screams are orders. But it was already too late.

As for all the talk of the writing sucking that's being pushed here, I don't fully agree. I actually think they do characters rather well. But I also think the fan reactions whenever a character changes and grows have been so violently hostile, that they fear actually make changes to characters now. So character adherence has become more important than the story.

Sylvanas being evil and spreading death, being a dick for the sake of being a dick, that's not out of character. That's not Blizzard ruining a character. It's having a character in a position that they are deeply unsuitable for.

I really hope Blizzard has some big plan up their sleeves. A satisfying conclusion that makes Vol'jin's decision make sense. But it was a mistake of Blizzard to seed doubt on if it was truly Sylvanas that burned the tree. Sylvanas crushed hope in more ways than one. But more importantly, we are entering an expansion that's supposed to be about Faction Pride. So it feels wrong to enter it in a way that has a lot of Horde players not like their faction.