Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    wtf is a Hiji?
    Google it. It's an island that appeared in old Warcraft maps. Its shape and location was similar to Plunder Isle (featured in the RPG), where there's Bloodsail Hold, so people often speculated that they are one and the same. It, like Tel'abim, is one of the many islands that appear in old maps but have very little lore about them.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    worgen update along the reclamation of gilneas makes PERFECT sense.
    but...……………….genn falls in gilneas????????? are you fucking serious blizzard!?!??! you will not let him stay in his kingdom after he takes it back for one expansion?? please god no, please.

Makes sense to me for Genn to fall taking his city back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    worgen update along the reclamation of gilneas makes PERFECT sense.
    but...……………….genn falls in gilneas????????? are you fucking serious blizzard!?!??! you will not let him stay in his kingdom after he takes it back for one expansion?? please god no, please.
    Don't overreact over fake leaks please.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

That neutrality feature in the leak, if true, would be absolutely great (and yes, they should do something like it, talked tons of times about removing factions being the only way to solve a number of big issues). But I will have perfectionist seizures from rolling a pure achievement soloer on each side, fitting them both with full loremaster for their side, full reps with reps like Aldor / Scryers being perfect opposites of each other, etc, etc, etc, and having to start anew because I cannot merge two characters into one and sticking to one and throwing away the other is wrong (again, perfectionism). If that feature comes, I wish one thing only: for it to come at a very low level, as low as possible, ideally, on character creation screen.

I want all sorts. Pandas to be allowed to stay neutral after leaving the Wandering Isle, Scourge-aligned Death Knights, the chance to join the Defias and wreck Stormwind's shit, the lot.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Makes sense to me for Genn to fall taking his city back.
    That's what I think as well, even though that leak is probably fake.

However, I do believe neutrality will become an option by 9.0.

Also, regarding the neutrality feature - I am not even talking about the leak per se. The leak (or fake, whatever) be damned, the idea of erasing the barrier between A and H has been there for quite some time and it will be implemented because (a) it is a good idea, (b) it solves serious problems that cannot be solved in any other way, and because (c) it has been discussed for a prolonged time, most cons and pros have been voiced out.

Now, to that last item, (c). Blizzard devs do read the reddit and the forums and they do hear ideas from there. Many of the ideas do propagate and get picked and implemented. This happened tons upon tons of times before.

As an example, mythic instances and similar types of content for small groups were discussed widely on this forum (and perhaps in other places) at the end of Timeless Isle, with the infuriating third lull of content which they promised won't happen. There were big threads, people were suggesting things, they were arguing about them, and some type of an infinite dungeon was suggested frequently. There were many nuances, many cons were brought and ways to deal with them were discussed, same with pros. I am not saying mythic instances happened for sure because some Blizzard guy read those threads and picked the idea. It's not exactly like that, it's softer and even the exchange is not strictly one way, Blizzard folk also say something from time to time (hey, there). But if instead of those huge threads which were lamenting the strict division between solo and raids with little else in between that would have longevity, and were proposing different solutions, some of which were easy to implement, there were huge threads making a case for, I don't know, a sensible and interesting rework of professions which would make people universally go "wow, this is cool" and be easy to implement as well, then we'd perhaps have had reworked professions instead.

As another example, there have been threads suggesting how to deal with the power creep and one often repeated idea was to have some sort of PVE power on gear, analogous to PVP power from times past. We now have that with Uldir.

Hell, there are many such examples.

So, yeah, I think neutrality or whatever it will be called is going to come. In part because this is a long-standing topic which has been discussed quite a bit, and is generally a known quantity by now.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-12 at 01:59 PM.

I do think we are going back to Gilneas and Gen will die retaking it for his people - this will also give them the prime opportunity to revamp the worgen.

I can also see new "specs" that are more changes in theme than gameplay. Everything else is bullshit though - Stealing Karesh's life essence? Nothing happens with Sylvanas? No Druids?

Also, 2M subs? I find that hard to believe.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2018-08-12 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    I can't believe we're almost here I'm so hyped, just wish my new computer was here beforehand and I was also off work haha, can't wait to see what's in store.

FOR THE HORDE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    sub count in a leak? Wat? That's just..dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I do think we are going back to Gilneas and Gen will die retaking it for his people - this will also give them the prime opportunity to revamp the worgen.

I can also see new "specs" that are more changes in theme than gameplay. Everything else is bullshit though - Stealing Karesh's life essence? Nothing happens with Sylvanas? No Druids?

Also, 2M subs? I find that hard to believe.
    no man. worgen and gilneas are NOTHING without their king genn. who will replace him? tess?!?? that girl exists only be name. she is a literal nobody. zero development. its just not possible. they must make genn retake his kingdom and keep him alive for at least one expansion before his death. we must be able to visit that place to interact with him and see that he is actually for once a king with a kingdom.

Deleted
    Damn if we ever get prestige classes for races.... Holy moly that would be sweet.

So many other wonderful worgen characters to take over for Genn, such as:

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    sub count in a leak? Wat? That's just..dumb.
    If that's a real leak, the sub count is likely just a pun. (As in, if I were to leak all details about the project I am on, I'd likely have a vague idea of just how many users there are in the first place, but I'd totally put something like this because it is a hot topic with the players, knowing that the leak is undoubtedly going to reach other devs and they will get a chuckle out of the figure stated point blank. If the leak is true, the figure of 2m is likely lower than the real one, ie, the guy does not believe it is this low, although the ballpark might be right.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin was a nobody in Classic, things change over time(Not that I want Genn killed off but again times change)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    That "leak" is just made up. Half of the answers are obvious, many info that we already have is answered wrong and at some point he just goes into fantasy mode.

I have to say, I am strangely excited by this leak. If it is true, I believe the words of the leaker that BFA is going to be the best expansion yet despite how bleak the known portion of BFA looks right now. We will soon know if the leak is true or not, I guess (from Gamescom, it's very near; Blizzard are bound to say something about the future and then we'll be able to see if this matches). Maybe that's just me going crazy over nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    That "leak" is just made up. Half of the answers are obvious, many info that we already have is answered wrong and at some point he just goes into fantasy mode.
    Anything other than no druids for Kul Tirans? Not saying that you are wrong, just wondering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Anything other than no druids for Kul Tirans? Not saying that you are wrong, just wondering.
    2 mil subs
    Sylvanas manipulated by Wrathion.

The "leak" sounds so incredibly made up. Some things are reasonable but flavour classes? LOL But who knows, after allied races Blizzard really could do this and sell it as a lame ass feature.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again