Ethereals would be very connected with Old Gods. Their planet was destroyed by a Void Lord. Void Lords sent the Old Gods.

The complaint about new races I feel is more based on principal than people actually caring much about it. Criticism generally comes down to “not putting enough effort in, etc.”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Ethereals would be very connected with Old Gods. Their planet was destroyed by a Void Lord. Void Lords sent the Old Gods.

The complaint about new races I feel is more based on principal than people actually caring much about it. Criticism generally comes down to “not putting enough effort in, etc.”.
    Back in WoD, I had the argument that there was enough races and classes(Hehe before Demon Hunters came in Legion). So it was perfectly good reason, I'm not opposed to races. I just think there's a lot to offer to, classes wise well it's challenging enough to balance all of them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Since it's a fan-made concept, there's no indication that we're getting a South Seas expansion; there is, however, several indicators that we're getting Kul Tiras (which would fit with the introduction of Ogres and Vyrkul). Also, who wanted Goblins, Worgen, Draenei, etc.? That's a rather silly metric to judge whether a race a should or should not be introduced. At this point, the Ogres are the only race from the RTS series that's unplayable (and they had plans to introduce them in Cata). As for the connection angle, the Horde operated several bases on the Channel Isles, and the Ogres were in charge of their naval forces. As for the Vrykul, do the Vrykul need an explanation or connection to Kul Tiras, their offspring, and heritage?
    I know that the South Seas expansion is a fan concept. The thing is, we're getting so many official hints for that concept... Kul'Tiras amor, Jaina for Blizzcon, Pirate Pepe etc. So it would be really weird to not have it in the end.

You're right, who wanted Goblins, Worgen and Draenei etc. - but they all had convincing stories for why they've been added. If Blizzard can do that with Ogres, why not. I'm just not seeing them yet as part of the expansion. Same goes for Vrykul - I don't know about Vrykul and their connection to Kul'Tiras what you mention though.

Maybe it's just too much of everything. Old Gods, Void, Azshara, Jaina, Kul'Tiras, Pirates. It's such a mixed bag at the moment. As I said, if it's the "MoP mixed bag" I would be happy with it but if it's the "WoD mixed bag" I fear the outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Imho Ethereals don't make any sense yet. They fit into a Void expansion but they have zero connection to Old Gods or Azeroth itself (except Void > Old Gods).
    _______

Oh and if we get new races but no new capitals I would be VERY angry. If you give us new races make their capitals the new faction hubs of the expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I don't want ethereals and i feel like adding them now would be misplaced, we only got 1 being actually good (locus walker, and i dont even trust that guy) and the rest are just traders, I think naga would make the most sense, not all naga support azshara as we saw in demonhunters intro and such. They're being set up to be playable IMO, they could have just said "oh wel all naga follow their queen"such as "oh all faceless follow the old gods" and that would be that. I think naga is the most logical playable race IF we get a new one (with people talking about subraces and such it could be that they go that route). Ogres SHOULD have been made playable in WoD as it would have fit perfectly but now it just would feel weird, we havn't seen any ogres recently and then them popping up like "we friends now" would make no sense. Another issue i have with Ethereal is they are legit just bandages with shadow, which would make customization hard and besides different badages, color of shadow there wouldn't be much to adjust. Female ethereal and ogres is also something we have not seen yet (imagining a female ogre is yuck and i can imagine making one look ok would be a hell of a job)

The subrace thing could be cool but some races don't really have ....viable options such as pandaren, worgen or humans and while most people only care about their race getting the cool subraces, blizz would have to be equal to all races when it comes to this. Some races have a ton of viable subraces such as dwarves (dark iron, frost, wildhammer) and orcs (all the orc clans). That being said i DO think they will finally update worgen and goblin models as they look really bad in comparison to the other updated fancy pants races.

It could be that they introduce no new race but this would strike me as odd.

And finally they could make up a whole new race, maybe we go to an island filled with rhino people? or all of the sudden a portal opens and crab people come out and are super cool with us. Now some people have also said "murlocs could be a possibility as they are related to water, they are popular and bipedal. Now murlocs are a meme race and when they made pandaren playable alot of people quit the game over this because they couldn't take pandaren seriously, other than that murlocs don't seem intelligent enough, we havn't ever talked to one i believe (aside from maybe the murky WQ and that weird guy dressed as a murloc), BTW does anyone know why he needs all those artifact things yet we collect at the pvp naga beach WQ?

Are there any ideas for new features?

The class halls were an evolution of the garrison, but Legion brought us the concept of Artifact weapons. What do you think a new gameplay feature would be? Or do you think the next xpac will just have more of the same as what we have now, but with a few tweaks?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get storytelling again like Legion(Minus X'era) and Mist, that will be nice. As for the mixed bag, I reccomend them adding some new stuff but still keeping in what's established Warcraft stuff. Someone probably repeated this info but my memory sucks. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post

The class halls were an evolution of the garrison, but Legion brought us the concept of Artifact weapons. What do you think a new gameplay feature would be? Or do you think the next xpac will just have more of the same as what we have now, but with a few tweaks?
    I think we might get our own ship, the vindicator map for example could be a map with all different islands we can go to . Would fit into the south seas idea (if that is the expansion)

That's another thing: features. I really don't want the third iteration of Garrisons. They've been bad in WoD, they've been bad in Legion and they'll be bad in the next xpac. Oh and I really don't want anything reminiscent of the Vindicaar. It's just bad in my opinion. I really want "meaningful" class / spec progression, that's the thing I care most about.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

New Feature: RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    New Feature:Salt

Fixed for accuracy.

That's another thing: features. I really don't want the third iteration of Garrisons. They've been bad in WoD, they've been bad in Legion and they'll be bad in the next xpac. Oh and I really don't want anything reminiscent of the Vindicaar. It's just bad in my opinion. I really want "meaningful" class / spec progression, that's the thing I care most about.

I get ya on this, not a fan of the Garrison model at all. It lost it's charm mid way through Legion.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.

I get ya on this, not a fan of the Garrison model at all. It lost it's charm mid way through Legion.
    No need for a salt feature i'm sure we already have that lol.

Blizzard have said they like the idea of some sort of offline progression, but I've yet to feel what that progression actually is? Apart from purposely putting quest missions in the table for us to complete (which serves as a time gate), I'm not entirely sure what we are trying to progress?

So far it's just been: Level followers so they can get max level so they can go on gear missions to get & equip said gear so they can go on better missions later. Which in theory doesn't sound that terrible, but since most of the missions I see are items I can easily get doing wq's (and not have to wait hours to receive), I'm just not really feeling it.

Blizzard have said they like the idea of some sort of offline progression, but I've yet to feel what that progression actually is? Apart from purposely putting quest missions in the table for us to complete (which serves as a time gate), I'm not entirely sure what we are trying to progress?

So far it's just been: Level followers so they can get max level so they can go on gear missions to get & equip said gear so they can go on better missions later. Which in theory doesn't sound that terrible, but since most of the missions I see are items I can easily get doing wq's (and not have to wait hours to receive), I'm just not really feeling it.
    Isn't that sort of the idea though? everybody would be losing their mind if you got more productive items out of it

1 Garrison per continent. (3 on EK for example)
    Level Followers
    Missions give transmog items from raids and dungeons on that continent

I did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Isn't that sort of the idea though? everybody would be losing their mind if you got more productive items out of it
    Yeah I think that's what Garrison was sorta was. Offline progression of sorts, cool idea at least maybe in a non MMO game.

Warrior-Magi

I reckon that is the general idea. Why have it more complicated and productive? People would log in, put on the mission, log out and do something else. There would be no work behind it. It would essentially ruin the game and the trials of being "the best you can be."
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Yeah I remember you could get baseline raid gear in Wod (which I guess didn't go over very well?).

I guess for me it works fine as a bonus (and I prefer it as such), but I would disagree with Blizzard when referring to it as any sort of "offline progression".

If it’s South Seas I don’t know how they don’t have something related to sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It'll likely be a Garrison boat with Vindicaar mechanics.
    That sounds atrociously bad. Then again I wouldn't put it past nu-Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It'll likely be a Garrison boat with Vindicaar mechanics.
    Vindicaar is probably a prototype, you can bet the ship will have more features than the Vindicaar.

I also think the Invasion Points tech are a prototype for something exploration-related. Maybe we get missions to board ships or explore unknown islands, and Invasion Points tech is used to send us to a non-instanced, non-Open World are in which there's a ship in open sea or a new island for us to explore/loot, with a chance of meeting other players there. Maybe we can even capture ships to upgrade ours. So, we begin with a small ship, and later capture bigger ones, with their own layouts.