7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That’s very true haha! I feel like I’m not supposed to be there when I quest in Silithus though.
    True, I agree that it has a very good vibe. Enjoyed doing the WQs there in January. But it aged a lot worse than the other revamped zones. Would love the new phase to have a questline like the 7.1 suramar to redeem it.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Then they should stick to watching "Starship Troopers" on repeat...

But honestly, i don't see any reaon why Blizzard cant revamp the whole world again and make Silithus, Blasted Lands and Theramor phasable twice...
    Although, i would much prefare their resources spent some place else...
    They would have to outsource the artwork.

P.S. Did I miss anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    "Fucked over by some max level event" would include Cataclysm.

They rarely go from a crater to a valley instead of the other way around.

Yeah, permanent changes make the story move forward, but now that they can preserve the past, and considering it provides content (quests, reputations, achievements), you can be sure they'll want to keep it available.

Hey, I'm not kinkshaming, some people really like their sand and bugs, I guess.
    I don't see a point in preserving the past, and at some point, you have to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    There could be a method to start the application process, to reserve the trademark, but then delay the confirmation etc., especially in countries other than the US. Don't know shit about the trademark system, though.
    Yea thats possible too

Also, not even a good leak this year we are completely "blind" as to what to expect... i guess we all have our hopes and dreams for next expansion.. lets hope that most of us will be happy about it
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Yea thats possible too

Also, not even a good leak this year we are completely "blind" as to what to expect... i guess we all have our hopes and dreams for next expansion.. lets hope that most of us will be happy about it
    Unlike previous expansions, this time everyone is putting all their chips on roughly the same theme and story, some Jaina/Sylvanas/Azshara/N'zoth combination that involves islands. Some include the Infinite Dragonflight, others the Void Lords, but they're all buying that Kul Tiras, and possibly Zandalar, are a part of it.

Most, if not all "leaks" went for that.

Now watch them reveal that MU Goria suddenly crashes on Azeroth and we have to fight Nether-infused ogres in the underground caves formed by the impact...

Unlike previous expansions, this time everyone is putting all their chips on roughly the same theme and story, some Jaina/Sylvanas/Azshara/N'zoth combination that involves islands. Some include the Infinite Dragonflight, others the Void Lords, but they're all buying that Kul Tiras, and possibly Zandalar, are a part of it.

Now watch them reveal that MU Goria suddenly crashes on Azeroth and we have to fight Nether-infused ogres in the underground caves formed by the impact...
    Dat retcon though. Goria was replaced by Shattrath once Draenei arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dat retcon though. Goria was replaced by Shattrath once Draenei arrived.
    Oh, right.

Well, Second Alternate Universe Goria, in which the draenei escaped to a different planet.

I think people always speculated for a south sea expansion with azshara and old gods... it was even before pandaria

But you are right everyone speculate for same thing.. i hope they are right.. cause i would really like a sea expansion and have my own ship!
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostFoot View Post
    After some thought, I think any speculation on where the next xpac takes us needs to be rooted in the transition/final patch patterns. It's hard to make a clean argument here because the Timeless Isle --> WoD is a bit of a stretch because it wasn't implemented as well as they intended, and Tanaan Jungle suffered from the great scrappening of WoD - But there are obvious and subtle connections between these final zones and the following expansions (even the final raid boss). I think it's a aesthetic and thematic approach to transitioning that Blizzard has shown signs of continuing, and Legion has shaped up their schedule ten-fold. And before we talk about Silithus, let's refresh on the Legion schedule. Nighthold was "nerfed" numerically about halfway through the tier, but more importantly the players were "buffed" by gaining access to the power upgrades of the patch and access to the broken shore. The same pattern repeated itself recently with Argus arriving half-way through Tomb. The developers have proven at least within Legion, that their patch/new zone time-frames are exact and I don't see why it won't happen again when Antorous reaches it's midpoint...

which is why I think Silithus will serve as that patch. It will coincide with nerfs to the raid and buffs to the players more-than-likely derived from exploring/interacting with the zone itself. It will serve as the final zone ushering in the next chapter in WoW. Garrosh lead into the Iron Horde. Archimonde lead into the Legion.

The world soul of Argus (and the presence of the pantheon) leads into Azeroth bleeding out. I'm expecting a world shake-up on the scales of the cataclysm, but instead of fire and earthquakes - rampant growth and evolution, acting as a well of eternity 2.0. I expect a huge focus on species and races, some reshaped in the bath of titan blood. I expect final discoveries of titan facilities and Azeroth(Elune?) herself, probably building our own weapons with her blood. I expect a focus on exploration of a potentially reshaped Azeroth, or parts of it. I expect Kul'Tiras and Zandalar to be folded in to anchor the Alliance and the Horde into this mass excursion to the Wound. And it wouldn't surprise if the Alliance and the Horde clashed again because of it as well as unfinished grudges. And I wouldn't be surprised if the old gods/N'zoth/Azshara played in the shadows until the final patches, because, basically, in far too many words I'm saying we're getting Cataclysm meets Mists of Pandaria expansion.
    This seems to be where i am leading to what is going to happen. Add that into the other quote from the "leak" that was randomly shoved into this thread which is very different from what we normally see remember. Normally we get someone bigging themselves up and posting it as a separate thread with all other kinds of things, but this post was just points so i can see that being a bit more "credible"

Quote Originally Posted by Babou82 View Post
    More customization option (no subrace), updated models for worgen/goblins
    New race : unknown race name (looks like mix between grummle and furbolg)
    Scalling vanilla-cata zone until 85, improved leveling system
    Main threath : Azeroth creatures unite (centaur, trogg, vanilla race and new bestiary), improved by blood of Azeroth, controlled by an unknown enemy - some alliance/horde conflict
    persistent invasion pve and "invasion" pvp (think wintergrasp)
    Personal Azeroth Gunship/Zeppelin : mix between vindicaar and class hall
    New talent system shared between class
    New guild system and Guild garrison (only cosmetic/War effort-hebdo buff/fun event)
    Old gods & Naga in background
    This the post i am on about. I think this, with what the GhostFoot summarized points as to we will see that at Blizzcon. Plus the theory of MoP 2.0 style because of the OMG WORLD IS ENDING into actually we might be ok now, makes a bit more sense to the lets start a new "saga" as per se with how the story will develop.

Personally i wanted a Sylvanas style expansion where she does something stupid and tries to become Lich Queen xD but still nothing beats new WoW expansion hype!

17 days to go....

Edit - Oh also i do hope we see some more story based around the warchief of Horde and leader of Alliance, i liked when they delved into that side of thing during WoD and will Thrall ever return.....He is the true leader
    Last edited by Costa; 2017-10-17 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    17 days to go....
    Or if you look at it like this, BlizzCon starts next Thursday ;D

Deleted
    Thinking about it, it would be really cool if Azeroth bled to death as a result of the Wound. If all of her life essence was used by the planet itself to effectively bring about a new era, Titanic life-seeding 2.0., we would have a massive world revamp. In my opinion, it also makes sense for Azeroth to sort of fuse with the planet itself and empower it. So whatever happens in the future, Azeroth the planet is what remains in focus. It's what we need to protect. Our special, super-charged and verdant planet full of life.

I mean if you think about it, what is the alternative? It seems to me that we either wait for Azeroth the Titan to burst out of the planet, effectively destroying it, or she'll just somehow emerge outside of it without causing any harm to it. But in that case, wouldn't Azeroth the planet lose a lot of its lustre? If the nascent Titan which slumbered for all these years and made the planet special simply vanished, wouldn't our world just be a huge floating rock without any special significance to it? Or maybe that'll be the ultimate punchline to finish off the story in the end. "We're all just mortals, neither of the light nor of the shadow. We'll just have to forge our own path, blah blah blah," as the stories of titans and old gods turn into legends and vanish over time.
    Last edited by mmoc53ad741e61; 2017-10-17 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it a retcon though when something was never official?
    He meant it would be a retcon to have MU Goria anywhere now that Chronicles established its history.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I think people always speculated for a south sea expansion with azshara and old gods... it was even before pandaria

But you are right everyone speculate for same thing.. i hope they are right.. cause i would really like a sea expansion and have my own ship!
    That’s right, the earliest South Seas speculation was during WotLK, then Cataclysm happened, then MoP, etc. With each expansion after WotLK were expecting the South Seas but they never came!

That’s right, the earliest South Seas speculation was during WotLK, then Cataclysm happened, then MoP, etc. With each expansion after WotLK were expecting the South Seas but they never came!
    Yeah, but there were always other theories. None really matched the expansion that was announced, but at least we had some variety in our speculation.

With each expansion after WotLK were expecting the South Seas but they never came!
    And it will only come when nobody expects it anymore, when Nobody expects the South Seas Inquisition!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Yeah, but there were always other theories. None really matched the expansion that was announced, but at least we had some variety in our speculation.
    South Seas has always been a strong contender because of the RPG book, "Lands of Mystery", I think. While the RPG is not canon, it was based at what was considered canon at the time, and it had quite a lot of information that would prove right years later, even today.

In the "Lands of Mystery" book, you had a chapter on Northrend that previewed what that continent was years with a lot of accuracy long before Wrath of the Lich King was released. Coldarra, Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, Zul'drak, Stormpeaks, Sholazar Basin and Ice Crown Glacier were all there, the map was there.

In that same book, there was a "South Seas" chapter, which included Zandalar (and its capital Zuldazar), Kezan (and Undermine and Bilgewater Harbor), Plunder Isle, Broken Isles (at the time, using Warcraft 3 map) and the Eye (which include the makrura city, Mak'aru, and Nazjatar).

Since then, Kul Tiras being moved farther into sea by the Cataclysm and Tel'Abim (never featured in the book, but being in old maps and referenced in-game) have been included by fans into the concept.

That's why it's such a strong concept that people have been speculating for so long. It's obvious that Blizzard had thoughts about the area since early WoW. With the recent Kul Tiras datamining and the removal of Zandalar icons, it's fairly obvious that at least a portion of the South Seas concept will be used in next expansion.

----------------------------

(Another thought, anyone thinks that mayve the makrura and Mak'aru may be N'Zoth's servants and prison, kinda like qiraji and Ahn'Qiraj were C'thun's? One thing against that is the [no longer canon] war between the makrura and the naga)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-10-17 at 11:48 AM.

I wonder what the 8 hour maintenance is for.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    (Another thought, anyone thinks that mayve the makrura and Mak'aru may be N'Zoth's servants and prison, kinda like qiraji and Ahn'Qiraj were C'thun's? One thing against that is the [no longer canon] war between the makrura and the naga)
    As a whole species? I doubt it, they're spread all over the world. One even helps the Legion in Azsuna.

I wonder just how smart they can get, and if a friendly makrura faction would be feasible.

As a whole species? I doubt it, they're spread all over the world. One even helps the Legion in Azsuna.

I wonder just how smart they can get, and if a friendly makrura faction would be feasible.
    Makrura new playable race.

Take that Murlocs and Naga!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Makrura new playable race.

Take that Murlocs and Naga!
    Sad thing is, I know nothing of the Makrura and I practically study WoW Lore. They aren't iconic like Murlocs and the Naga. And they are in no way, a highly requested Race, Naga and Murlocs are far more feasible. No offence. Unless Blizzard goes, "Let's give them something nobody really expects." Which honestly, they seem to do that a lot. Like Class Mounts, they put it off for so long, no one expected it. But I don't have a clue what Blizzard will do, because I am not them.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm still sad they made no use of Draenor so far. A remnant of the Anhar apexis having escaped the civil war in the Temple in the Sky and being a core part of the Army of the Light (perhaps the Temple itself being Tempest Keep) would have been a great way to make the Army have some racial variety and would have made perfect sense (I mean the Anhar were complete zealots, they'd fit perfectly with X'era).
    We missed our chance at a second expansion on Draenor, and at this point, I don't see us going back (which, in all honesty, is a shame).