I think the "Void Elf" stuff was planned to appear in 7.3, but they scrapped it. Maybe, originally, Alleria was supposed to have followers that were also using the Void as a tool. The weapons and database entry are just the remains of the idea. Since it never made it to 7.3, they may have continued working on them for 8.0, or they may have given up the idea entirely at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    How would you know it's real? Maybe we've already seen the real leak.

Confirmed: WoW:TSP

New zone: TBD (To be Datamined)
    New Level Cap: TBD (To be Datamined)
    New features: TBD (To be Datamined)
    New race: TBD (To be Datamined)

Stuff gets released after it's datamined AND the encryption is bruteforced.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They'd react like Worgen most likely. Customize your High Elven form and your Void Elven form. Void Elven form automatically activates upon combat and I also foresee them being either neutral like Pandaren or Alliance with [if added], Naga being their Horde equivalent.
    Agreed 100% with regards to combat form. Based on the scant suggestions towards void elves from the ChrRaces file I'd tend to see them as a NElf variant than a standalone race, though, if they are indeed intended to be implemented. Shadowmeld would even still fit with the void theme somewhat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think the "Void Elf" stuff was planned to appear in 7.3, but they scrapped it. Maybe, originally, Alleria was supposed to have followers that were also using the Void as a tool. The weapons and database entry are just the remains of the idea. Since it never made it to 7.3, they may have continued working on them for 8.0, or they may have given up the idea entirely at this point.
    Could still be used for a 7.x story patch

I suppose that is true, but I have a feeling we will learn more when the Windrunner sisters finally reunite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
    Agreed 100% with regards to combat form. Based on the scant suggestions towards void elves from the ChrRaces file I'd tend to see them as a NElf variant than a standalone race, though, if they are indeed intended to be implemented. Shadowmeld would even still fit with the void theme somewhat.
    Voidmeld!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Voidmeld!!!
    I like the direction this thread is moving a little too much...

The concepts floating around are spoiling me a bit, I must manage my expectations.

The real leak is the one breaking people's preconceptions and magical patterns, calling it.

Could still be used for a 7.x story patch
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I suppose that is true, but I have a feeling we will learn more when the Windrunner sisters finally reunite.
    Yes, it may still become canon, but so far we can't be sure.

Personally, as someone who really wants high elves playable, I'm kinda worried about having them turned into a void-wielding race. I mean, their whole point was that they were exiled for refusing to dabble in darker practices. And having outstanding individuals wielding the Void while not getting mad is one thing; a whole race of void-touched is a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The real leak is the one breaking people's preconceptions and magical patterns, calling it.
    Or the anti-tinfoil hat one.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I'd consider any leak that is direct quoted/links back to an NGA.cn post by either 258835 or 9872241 to be fairly real.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Oh bet people have. They just probably waved a hand and called it fake.
    At this point we're so saturated with leaks that, short of a MoP/Draenor out of nowhere thing, at least a couple of them are going to be generally right.

Yes, it may still become canon, but so far we can't be sure.

Personally, as someone who really wants high elves playable, I'm kinda worried about having them turned into a void-wielding race. I mean, their whole point was that they exiled for refusing to dabble in darker practices.
    Just speculating about what COULD happen...

What if the three sisters do meet up and it descends into a vicious argument between Alleria and Sylvanas resulting in Vareesa somehow accidentally getting caught in the middle and getting killed.

Could Vareesa's followers, the Silver Covenant then turn to Alleria?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well it's finally time for the "real" lake to appear.
    Real lake? Up for a swim? Maybe the portal to the shadowlands will be under a lake.

"Feelings"
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Voidmeld!!!
    Y'know, I was thinking that they wouldn't bother retheming racials, but this + that snazzy void dissipate animation used by Locus Walker and Alleria might be pretty schmick.

The concepts floating around are spoiling me a bit, I must manage my expectations.
    Same, setting myself up for a let down ><

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Real lake? Up for a swim? Maybe the portal to the shadowlands will be under a lake.
    Haha, I just corrected it already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Just speculating about what COULD happen...

What if the three sisters do meet up and it descends into a vicious argument between Alleria and Sylvanas resulting in Vareesa somehow accidentally getting caught in the middle and getting killed.

Could Vareesa's followers, the Silver Covenant then turn to Alleria?
    I kinda like Vereesa (more due to her potential to be an interesting character than for anything she has done). And she has kids, I really don't wanna her do die.

But, well, let's wait and see. Less than two weeks from now, we will know what is coming.

I kinda like Vereesa (more due to her potential to be an interesting character than for anything she has done). And she has kids, I really don't wanna her do die.

But, well, let's wait and see. Less than two weeks from now, we will know what is coming.
    I would not want her to die either... But then, I did not want Vol'jin to die either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hitei, this'll be my last post on the subject:

At no point, in any of my discussion, did I say Sylvanas was an innocent. At no point did I say that the Horde are sweet innocent babies who need protecting at all costs.

That's you projecting your personal stake on Sylvanas and the Horde onto my arguments.

My argument is that the Alliance isn't some squeaky clean group of fairytale knights in shining armor and maidens fair. That they, too, have committed atrocities and continue to harbor absolutely revolting sentiments.

And that given the choice between Horrible people with good intentions on the left and Horrible people with good intentions on the right, they'd probably choose the side with the Arcane-Focused elves because of their culture of magic.

This Horde Vs Alliance faction crap was never my intent and I'm tired of it.

Other Leaks in the past week: Ghost Horse, Zandalari Armor, and Tottle. Essentially confirming South Seas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Haha, I just corrected it already.
    Meh. Why did you ruin the joke? Can't we have fun while we wait for more leaks?