Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    All this Nightborne and Void Elf talk isn't "Sub." Requiring a custom starting zone because there's no reason for them to be in Azuremyst/Mulgore isn't "Sub." We're talking four new races here.
    But when has a new race ever used old animations? People will call Blizzard out on this if they call HMT new races, or Nightborne.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    You keep saying this. Blizzard has proven they can let their logo on a bag of dog shit and sell ten million copies but for some reason you keep saying there needs to be some huge game changing hook.
    That "dogshit" is WoD. And people bought WoD for Draenor, for the idea of an AU to play with, and for the promise of what we were told Garrisons would be.

And when we didn't get that, subs dropped like a ROCK.

Boxes pushed means little. What matters most is maintaining subscription numbers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Interesting, is it blowing up over there? Is it substantiated at all? Ornyx (if that is him) posted that in February 2017.
    as far as i know its him.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    But when has a new race ever used old animations? People will call Blizzard out on this if they call HMT new races, or Nightborne.
    This is why I'm saying Sub. Races. Are. Fake.

There is no good way this turns out with these four options. They make them truly "sub" and people will complain that it's not a game seller. They make them game sellers, people will complain that they're reskins.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Am I the only person who doesn't really care if we get a new race/subraces? It's cool for like 5 minutes, but I'd rather they make the actual gameplay of the expansion good - if it's just going to be more world quests and an artifact grind at the beginning, I can't say it will hold much appeal.

Because everything, and I mean everything, points to us not getting a whole new race so far. I would absolutely love Ogres, but not one drop of information has appeared referring to anything but new versions of existing races.
    Yes but not one drop of information has surfaced about Kul'Tiras other than that we're involved. No drop of info has surfaced about whether or not we get to pilot our own boats about what the new alternate advancement system will be. Why on Earth would they put something in the files to indicate a new race this early? Legion took us all by surprise what makes you think that this expansion would be any different?

I’ll post the link to the video soon where they talk about sub races

I think if you don't lump sub-races in with character customization (meaning they're not new races and not treated as such) then character customization doesn't make the box.

Let's be honest, advertising "we got a bit better but we're still vastly behind FF14" isn't a box pusher.
    I mean, let's be actually honest, the box is no longer relevant. Who buys games (especially expansion packs) by walking into a store, picking up the box and reading the back? They watch trailers/video, look at forums, etc etc.

Wrath had "CHANGEABLE HAIRSTYLES","NEW DANCES", and "NEW ITEMS" as points alongside its new continent, destructable buildings, new dungeons, new profession, etc.

What matters is the entire bundle, not the individual items.

Speaking of which, we have not had a new profession or secondary profession for a very long time.

If we're tasting it, it's not sub.

I don't think people here get the meaning of sub.

a prefix occurring originally in loanwords from Latin ( subject; subtract; subvert; subsidy); on this model, freely attached to elements of any origin and used with the meaning “under,” “below,” “beneath” ( subalpine; substratum), “slightly,” “imperfectly,” “nearly” ( subcolumnar; subtropical), “secondary,” “subordinate” ( subcommittee; subplot).

All this Nightborne and Void Elf talk isn't "Sub." Requiring a custom starting zone because there's no reason for them to be in Azuremyst/Mulgore isn't "Sub." We're talking four new races here.
    Agreed but Highmountain Tauren wouldn't be a new race nor would Lightforged. They're just tweaks to the regular models. Hence why none of this "4 new race hype" makes any sense at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    as far as i know its him.
    Why are we just getting ahold of this information now?

Agreed but Highmountain Tauren wouldn't be a new race nor would Lightforged. They're just tweaks to the regular models. Hence why none of this "4 new race hype" makes any sense at all.
    Void Elves actually have character select screens at the moment, not Nagas or Ogres. That's why they are getting more discussion in the speculation thread.

As soon as Ogres appear in the files, and I mean even one post-Draenor Ogre mention that isn't Ogrezonia, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't really care if we get a new race/subraces? It's cool for like 5 minutes, but I'd rather they make the actual gameplay of the expansion good - if it's just going to be more world quests and an artifact grind at the beginning, I can't say it will hold much appeal.
    I care to a certain extent. I think more customization is awesome. I'd definitely pay to be a Mag'Har or Dragonmaw orc; however, I agree that I'd rather new races and customization gets cut to get more new and exciting content.

Maybe blizz could have exploration as a big feature for the new expansion. Something like creating treasure maps and sailing around Azeroth finding secret treasure or hidden, dynamic islands that serve as "mini-dungeons." They could even have players have to find dungeon/raid maps rather than just giving it to all players by default (would not go over well, but I think it could be cool if done right). IDK, I'm just throwing stuff out there that could be interesting for me, but I'm sure there would be many against these ideas.

Void Elves actually have character select screens at the moment, not Nagas or Ogres. That's why they are getting more discussion in the speculation thread.

As soon as Ogres appear in the files, and I mean even one post-Draenor Ogre mention that isn't Ogrezonia, I'm all ears.
    And I've already explained that above. You got me on the Void Elves though. That one boggles my mind still but it could just be a simple typo. Additionally, I highly doubt Blizzard would add new races before they announced the expansion. They're pretty sneaky about things now. Additionally, if this was a big deal they would've removed it from the files already, if anything they're laughing at us right now as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Maybe blizz could have exploration as a big feature for the new expansion. Something like creating treasure maps and sailing around Azeroth finding secret treasure or hidden, dynamic islands that serve as "mini-dungeons." They could even have players have to find dungeon/raid maps rather than just giving it to all players by default (would not go over well, but I think it could be cool if done right). IDK, I'm just throwing stuff out there that could be interesting for me, but I'm sure there would be many against these ideas.
    Being able to pilot ships and find islands that can give cool shit would be the coolest thing ever introduced in this game. I'm not holding my breath though.

Additionally, if this was a big deal they would've removed it from the files already, if anything they're laughing at us right now as we speak.
    You and I are on the same page completely, I'm only discussing what we have to work with at the moment. In fact I think the "Ogrezonia" talk in Legion is a pretty damning hint we'll see them in 8.0, but I'm just waiting for any female Ogre data strings to appear before I accept that they're in.

However, I do want to add that they never removed the Kul'tiras armor from the database, nor did they hide it in the registry until a WHILE had past. They are perfectly fine with letting information leak, though I think the character race thing was not intended while the KT armor absolutely was.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except the exert for Christie Goldens new book explicitly states that its about what is waiting for the Horde/Alliance when they return from Argus after defeating the Legion. Stating that we are going to be attacked by Naga pretty much instantly. Azshara showed up in Azsuna trying to get the tidestone. Why would she wait years?
    That's a ton of assumptions right off the bat. Nothing is stated about the subjects in the book. You have no context for the time between the end of 7.3 and the events of 8.0, or even if the events of 8.0 will be directly following the events of Golden's book. Hell, maybe Golden's book even covers some of the sub-race additions' relevance to the current plot. You don't know the actual topic of the book. It could be "before the storm" of a big faction conflict. It could be Naga, it could be anything. Azshara's plans for the Tidestone having failed, her plans may have been set back quite a bit.

You and I are on the same page completely, I'm only discussing what we have to work with at the moment. In fact I think the "Ogrezonia" talk in Legion is a pretty damning hint we'll see them in 8.0, but I'm just waiting for any female Ogre data strings to appear before I accept that they're in.

However, I do want to add that they never removed the Kul'tiras armor from the database, nor did they hide it in the registry until a WHILE had past. They are perfectly fine with letting information leak, though I think the character race thing was not intended while the KT armor absolutely was.
    I disagree. I think the database info is there because Blizzard wants to give us something to hype and speculate about. Its actual relevance to 8.0 can be assumed by in-game clues, but we won't actually know until Blizzcon. They enjoy this ride as much as we do, so I highly doubt they don't put some actual stuff out there themselves, real or otherwise, to get us speculating.

What "Ogrezonia" thing is being discussed and does it actually have any weight?
    Last edited by Darkhallows; 2017-10-23 at 02:08 AM.

Wait what?? What Ogrezonia hint? I've never seen or heard of that before...

I know and I'm sorry if I'm painting you as the bad guy I'm honestly just tired of talking about the same arguments.

In my opinion we should discuss the validity of George's picture that he linked.

WoD’s would be the most interesting to look at as that was first time we got neither new race or class.

Regarding "before the storm" Blizz likes using the word Storm in place of war and conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    That's a ton of assumptions right off the bat. Nothing is stated about the subjects in the book. You have no context for the time between the end of 7.3 and the events of 8.0, or even if the events of 8.0 will be directly following the events of Golden's book. Hell, maybe Golden's book even covers some of the sub-race additions' relevance to the current plot. You don't know the actual topic of the book. It could be "before the storm" of a big faction conflict. It could be Naga, it could be anything. Azshara's plans for the Tidestone having failed, her plans may have been set back quite a bit.
    Honestly it's pretty much confirmed that it is Naga related. The text is cyan blue for the title which is indicative of water or the sea. What is waiting for us also indicates an Azeroth based expansion, the title also has a little relation to the next expansion but not enough for the average Joe to speculate about. Its a safe assumption.

Wait what?? What Ogrezonia hint? I've never seen or heard of that before...
    Check this out

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ogrezonia

It's played off as a joke ingame but I have a feeling, because it's so ridiculous, that it's actually a thing that exists in WoW canon.

In my opinion we should discuss the validity of George's picture that he linked.
    I think by what they mean as "unlock new hairstyles/appearances" is that maybe you unlock these subraces by getting to 110 or doing enough quests in their affiliated zones. I can't think of any other reason a hairstyle would be worth unlocking.