Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I honestly do not think so.

Are people who have been rooted on the Horde the last 12-ish years (by the time 8.0 hits the servers) really going to abandon their friends and guilds? RP Plots and Raid Progress? And basically start fresh on a faction that, in my experience, has a vastly different way of thinking and interacting just because their favorite model became playable there?

Sure, maybe BElves fall from 16% of the population to 14%, but honestly I can say with fairly high confidence, as someone from an RP server, that the population that'll be hurt most by Void Elves is....

Humans.
    I agree on that part that will likely happen, an even prettier face will get a warm welcome I think.
    I mean if Vrykul would become playable for example I would race/faction change instantly, screw my friends;p

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Nyel is a contrarian. That's why.
    Really? I see more people here arguing against Tides of Vengeance than for it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Sure, maybe BElves fall from 16% of the population to 14%, but honestly I can say with fairly high confidence, as someone from an RP server, that the population that'll be hurt most by Void Elves is....

Humans.
    For RP servers (which is here the majority of the high elf wannabes hail from, let's be honest), this is 110% true. They all play as humans or MAYBE NE's with an RP flag the takes great pains to point out that they're actually a high elf.

That said, there is a much smaller but still existing proportion of people who play BE's who are "really a Horde sympathizing NE/Highborne/Shen'dralar/etc" as well. In the long run if the subraces do end up being real, I really don't think they're going to mess with faction population balance anywhere near what some people here seem to think.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    All those fan concepts have similar content because most of them are copy & paste with little tweaks added to them.
    No, it's because that area in WoW lore has been established already and people are building off things that we know are important but have yet to see.

Broken Isles was 99% shit Blizz invented on the spot besides "Night Elves were there/Tomb is there", and it would be ridiculous if every single expansion was just new zones while we never ever saw things like Kul'tiras, Zandalar, Tel'abim and other things.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    And you know this because you are, what, god? The lord of all, who sees everything and rules over all the domains of the Earth?

I've worked in development for years. If there's one thing I know, it's that nothing is ever kept in some freaking vault behind rivers of lava and piranhas. People work on stuff. People collaborate. People bring shit home to continue working on their sofas while the cat is sleeping nearby. People walk by each others' desks and check out each others' work. People go to small presentations, reviews, and pitch sessions. There are about a gazillion ways something like this could leak. How else do you propose we've had any leaks, ever...
    Wasn't you the one named "JainaKulTirasGamescom" who was 100% sure that we're getting the expansion announcement at Gamescom due to [insert reasons]?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Arguments are against the logo, not you. Unless you are the one that made it that is. Since you seem to be the only one pushing for it being 100% real.
    Poor choice of words. I meant 'arguments are being made against the case I'm making', or w/e. People are responding to me with quotes, so I'll reply.

It has a raging sea in the background! And sea-weed! And a little globe thing full of water!

This is an incredibly meaningless point. The following analysis of the Legion logotype would be accurate going by your reasoning:

"Every logo has had a sort of golden or brown frame where the details are clearly visible. Also, the light coming from behind the text 'World of Warcraft' has never been overwhelming; it was always sort of muted. But the alleged logo for the so-called Legion expansion has a frame that's almost black which makes the details nearly indistinguishable. It also has this strong green light emanating from behind the text. Surely, it can't be real!"

We could say similar things of the Mists of Pandaria logo:

"The frame is all weird with a Chinese dragon slithering around it, and the top corners are way different from how they've done it on every logo. This is fake."

Wrath of the Lich King:

"That ice looks so amateurish. The TBC and vanilla logos didn't have that. They only changed the colour behind the text. Clearly fake."

Need I continue? Again, the case against ToV based on certain elements that are removed, added or changed from past logos is NONSENSE.

Your analysis of how the leak got out is laughable, too. You make so. many. gosh. dang. assumptions. All the time. "This isn't how you do things, it works this way." Says who?! It's a pretty dynamic world we live in, you know. Sometimes things work one way. Other times, they work in other ways. Perhaps one day, a presentation is held in a big room on a large screen, before an audience of members of the press who all signed NDAs. Another day, it might be somebody doing a little third-party graphic work for Blizzard, inviting his buddy over to have a look of his latest iteration. We just don't know the backstory here, and therefore we can't rule anything out.
    Every logo has differences. The important thing are the similarities. Adding things (like the seaweed or Wrath's ice, or WoD's wood texture) isn't the problem. The problem is that There are very fixed features that make a wow logo look like a wow logo, and those features are derived from the original logo, they are what make that logo look unique while still reminiscent of the original version.

Like the spikes at the top. MoP curves them to look more like Asian architecture--surprise, surprise, WoD didn't then keep the exaggerated curved look, because that is MoPs thematic and the logos are based on the original form, not the previous iteration. The minimalized Legion spikes are to match the Legion's aesthetic. So why would an expansion about Azshara and the Naga, or Kul Tiras, or N'zoth be using that minimalized look, which does not match the Aesthetic of the Naga, or Old Gods, or A human Naval Kingdom at all?

Yeah bro. Blizzard invited a group of press to see what the expansion was weeks before the announcement, and then that small group of press who signed NDAs had someone who took a picture that is easily traceable to that press event. Because, you know, that isn't asking for legal action. And of course blizzard is outsourcing logo-design to people working off-campus now, because they lack enough artists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Tonga - an island nation in the South Seas...how apropo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wasn't you the one named "JainaKulTirasGamescom" who was 100% sure that we're getting the expansion announcement at Gamescom due to [insert reasons]?
    I was, yes. I was also called MojoRisin, the only person on MMO-Champion who predicted the 2015 Legion Gamescom announcement in a massive thread where virtually everyone else said: "No, lol, not gonna happen."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    shit game lmao swap to monkey win every game
    maybe in the 1200 bracket lol. So you play in the bronze bracket and cant ever climb because you constantly choose monkey and think you win all the time?

Your delusion is real.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    For RP servers (which is here the majority of the high elf wannabes hail from, let's be honest), this is 110% true. They all play as humans or MAYBE NE's with an RP flag the takes great pains to point out that they're actually a high elf.

That said, there is a much smaller but still existing proportion of people who play BE's who are "really a Horde sympathizing NE/Highborne/Shen'dralar/etc" as well. In the long run if the subraces do end up being real, I really don't think they're going to mess with faction population balance anywhere near what some people here seem to think.
    Yeah. I won't lie, I have low optimism for Nightborne and Void Elves if they're legit.

And at this point I'm not even paying attention to Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei.

Wild prediction time, Race populations at the dawn of 9.0:

Nightborne - 4%
    Void Elf - 6%
    Highmountain Tauren - 2%
    Lightforged Draenei - 3%

For the record, the top race pop is 16%, lowest is 3.1% (Goblins, though Pandaren are only 2.6% of their respective factions if you split them up).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    No, it's because that area in WoW lore has been established already and people are building off things that we know are important but have yet to see.

Broken Isles was 99% shit Blizz invented on the spot besides "Night Elves were there/Tomb is there", and it would be ridiculous if every single expansion was just new zones while we never ever saw things like Kul'tiras, Zandalar, Tel'abim and other things.
    What exactly has been established? We know those things exist, that's it. We know nothing about Kul'Tiras, Zandalar, Tel Abim, Dragon Isles etc. at the moment and people still keep connecting them just because all of them are "islands" and that's why it's likely to have all of them in a South Seas expansion? Yes, maybe. But still fan fiction at the moment. That's my point and always has been when it comes to South Seas. 99% of it is not canon or based on lore.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to ask this for a while, but I kept forgetting.
    what armor set is the one from this picture? It was posted some time ago on the official wow page on Facebook.
    I can't think of any...I think I'm blind, but, it kinda looks similar to the kul'tiras ones leaked a while ago...
    https://imgur.com/a/Vi85D

EDIT: someone please teach me how to post a picture without a link
    Last edited by Lazarel; 2017-10-24 at 05:36 PM.

I was, yes. I was also called MojoRisin, the only person on MMO-Champion who predicted the 2015 Legion Gamescom announcement in a massive thread where virtually everyone else said: "No, lol, not gonna happen."
    Okay, so that's 1 hit and 1 miss then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Oh Tonga - an island nation in the South Seas...how apropo.
    interesting. almost seems accidental tho.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW LEAK: (confirmed by my source)

Humans will be able to be Druids in the next expansion.

Don't know of any other race / class combos, but that is confirmed.

So you're basically guessing and have no real idea what's going to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    interesting. almost seems accidental tho.
    Probably! I just thought it was funny - especially if the new xpac is indeed the South Seas xpac.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    NEW LEAK: (confirmed by my source)

Humans will be able to be Druids in the next expansion.

Don't know of any other race / class combos, but that is confirmed.
    ok
    /10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    Predicting is not the same as picking a leak(by jericho21). And the leak was:

a) Much closer to the announcement.
    b) Didn't include shitty photos.

Unlike ToV which has many arguments pointing against it, for Legion it was mostly people not thinking it'll happen, nobody (afaik) went into detail disproving it like ToV.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread