People ask for all these novelty races, but realistically nobody would play them. Goblins, Worgens and Pandarens are the 3 least played races in the game. Blizzard know what people like playing as and will focus allied races around that, not add some obscure novelty race that 1% of the population will play as its a complete waste of resources(models/animtions/armour rigging/racials etc.)

Kul tirasians (read: fat humans) would be about as popular as female dwarves (read: non-existant)

Nobody likes ugly/monster races and Furbolgs aesthetically are just fat Worgens while Wildhammers are just dwarves with mohawks and a few feathers sticking out of their hair. You could literally add a new hairstyle to standard dwarves and you'd fulfill the Wildhammer option. Which is even less interesting than Lightforge Draenei....

At least Dark Irons have a stoney/rocky skin with fiery hair/eyes but are almost a reskin of regular dwarves as it is.

The only race I see having any merit are the Vrykul, because humans or near humans(elves) are extremely popular but to make them appealing they'd be borderline tall humans with viking hairstyles.

I kinda like the Void Elves, but the Lightforged seems so weak for first allied races, even Highmountain is better with little rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    People ask for all these novelty races, but realistically nobody would play them. Goblins, Worgens and Pandarens are the 3 least played races in the game. Blizzard know what people like playing as and will focus allied races around that, not add some obscure novelty race that 1% of the population will play as its a complete waste of resources(models/animtions/armour rigging/racials etc.)

Kul tirasians (read: fat humans) would be about as popular as female dwarves (read: non-existant)

Nobody likes ugly/monster races and Furbolgs aesthetically are just fat Worgens while Wildhammers are just dwarves with mohawks and a few feathers sticking out of their hair. You could literally add a new hairstyle to standard dwarves and you'd fulfill the Wildhammer option. Which is even less interesting than Lightforge Draenei....

At least Dark Irons have a stoney/rocky skin with fiery hair/eyes but are almost a reskin of regular dwarves as it is.

The only race I see having any merit are the Vrykul, because humans or near humans(elves) are extremely popular but to make them appealing they'd be borderline tall humans with viking hairstyles.

I think its worth noting that a lot of the unpopular races are "ugly" races, but more importantly are terrible races. Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren all have terrible racials for PvE, PvP, or both - whereas Night Elves, Humans, and Blood Elves all have excellent racials for PvP, PvE, or both. This doesn't completely make up the difference - plenty of "ugly" races with good racials are average population at best (Orcs, for example), but I think claiming that something like Worgen aren't played because they're ugly, when they also have some of the worst racials of any Alliance race, is only half the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Neberus View Post
    I kinda like the Void Elves, but the Lightforged seems so weak for first allied races, even Highmountain is better with little rework.
    Void Elves seem so forced to me. Even ethereals would make more sense to me.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Etherals seems more like a whole new race, more complete i guess than an Allied Race.

Deleted
    man im gonna need to see some content soon, i just cant believe they start off a azshara nzoth conclusion expansion off with a fucking horde vs alliance cinematic+theme+early experience(i know a lot of people that already wrote off the expansion just cause H vs A seems so fking boring its just not a magnet at all)ofc if you look more into it the expansions lore side is probably going to end up sick but barely people check mid expansion for whats up instead of the big main theme in the teaser, imagine all the people they couldve baited into the game with a proper azshara cinematic with nzoth looming in the shadows at the end, like anyone that stills plays the game still cares about pvp, evryones a pve nerd in wow nowadays, id be surprised if more than 1% of all players still cared for pvp, idk how marketing let them go through with this decisionmaking, the difference between a shitty patch introduction cinematic nzoth tease vs a full blown animated expansion cinematic nzoth

Just like how the Void Elves are reskinned Blood Elves and the Lightforged are just reskinned Draenei. None of the Alliance Allied Races bring anything exciting to the table in the looks department and the two “early” ones are just trash period. At least the Dark Irons are fixing a long-term fan demand.

And no, there’s plenty of flavor that can go into the racials for the choices you dismiss that could differentiate them from others and make them desirable. Wildhammers could, for instance, have a faster innate mount speed to represent their mastery at handling creatures. Kul Tirasians would likely have abilities better suited for hardy sea farers, and so on.

Difference is Void Elves would/will be more popular by a huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    With the edgelords, fedora tippers, and vapers, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I dont think so, they are a new made up concept, on the other hand people have been asking for playable ethereals for years.

But overall, the choice for allied races is quite a let down for me. The only ones I'm satisfied with are DID and Zandalari.
    But once again, It's the racials what's important.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-01-09 at 05:14 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    With the edgelords, fedora tippers, and vapers, sure.
    Projectmars at it again with the "I don't like the alliance allied races so nobody else should either"

You're being a bit too passionate, my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    But overall, the choice for allied races is quite a let down for me. The only ones I'm satisfied with are DID and Zandalari.
    Well since only I play the Horde faction I am looking forward to the Nightborne and Zandalari Trolls.
    Kinda getting stuff ready, and might make a Nightborne Female Warlock instead of a Mage...

Not sure yet for the Zandalari Troll...Have to see their classes..

And by the way another nice piece of artwork...

https://yagihikaru.deviantart.com/
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-01-09 at 05:28 PM.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Well since only I play the Horde faction I am looking forward to the Nightborne and Zandalari Trolls.
    Kinda getting stuff ready, and might make a Nightborne Female Warlock instead of a Mage...
    I will make Highmountain tauren druid as a farming slave. Nightborne racials are shitty. Wonder about zandalari.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I don't think this makes any sense. Kultirans are not new customization to the playable human models. Have you looked at them? They are completely new and different models. They have nothing to do with the playable humans. They are actually much closer to a "full" new race than what we've seen from allied races (and it's amazing if they get introduced as allied races, as it'd demonstrate how much development they can put into them). You could argue highmountain or dark irons to be akin to new customization to pre-existing player models, but not Kultirans.
    Yes I look at them (and do not confuse a race with some NPCs)... and is what I speak about: our races are obsolet, this customization system is obsolet and is the reason why a very same human race now look better and quite a new race, but is not.

and you miss my point... We have to ask to Blizzard to put the same effort to make our actual races better.

What I say is, instead of adding new races that are a better version of existing ones, Blizzard should give us the opportunity to create a race choosing between different models, for example for humans could be the current and the Kultirans... for the Draenei, the actual and the Lightforged, more options are not only adding new haircuts or tatoos but even differen sizes, styles...

and BTW about Kultirians, are more interesting to me as a new race the "vulpinian" than Kultiras people, that look like a mix between human and vrykul...
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/673035.jpg
    Last edited by Tartys; 2018-01-09 at 05:55 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Just like how the Void Elves are reskinned Blood Elves and the Lightforged are just reskinned Draenei. None of the Alliance Allied Races bring anything exciting to the table in the looks department and the two “early” ones are just trash period. At least the Dark Irons are fixing a long-term fan demand.

And no, there’s plenty of flavor that can go into the racials for the choices you dismiss that could differentiate them from others and make them desirable. Wildhammers could, for instance, have a faster innate mount speed to represent their mastery at handling creatures. Kul Tirasians would likely have abilities better suited for hardy sea farers, and so on.
    The point I made is, you argue for insert X race when they are no better than the reskins we've gotten or they are genuinely unpopular races for the vast majority of players and a complete waste of resources. At least Draenei/Blood elves are popular and will be played by the thousands.

I dont think so, they are a new made up concept, on the other hand people have been asking for playable ethereals for years.

They might be a new concept for WoW but, people by and large pick their race by visuals and Dark Elves are just an incredibly popular overall fantasy concept.

The point I made is, you argue for insert X race when they are no better than the reskins we've gotten or they are genuinely unpopular races for the vast majority of players and a complete waste of resources. At least Draenei/Blood elves are popular and will be played by the thousands.
    Despite the fact that the void elves and lightforged are dogshite, sadly yes.

I don't think nobody would play them, but it's all irrelevant, because the criteria for what will / what will not be an allied race is pretty transparent:

If the models are reasonably modern and need no or few adjustments and additions (read: the race has been added recently), the race might become an allied race.

Otherwise, the race will not become an allied race.

There is nothing more to it.

Allied races are literally stuff that they can do more or less for free.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Allied races are literally stuff that they can do more or less for free.
    Big bonus from my pov is that they don't waste time on creating locations we use only during intro leveling.

Btw. they haven't removed all allied race NPC in orgrimmar, some Highmountain Taurens are walking in Valley of Wisdom.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-01-09 at 08:15 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I still think it’s intended that by the time Allied Races are live that there won’t be Allied Races walking around until you unlock them. So I do think eventually those Allied Races walking around will all be removed essentially. Or at least phased out more accurately.