i didn't exactly think of it before, but the abyss worm mounts were kinda hints towards this too.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i didn't exactly think of it before, but the abyss worm mounts were kinda hints towards this too.
    Same goes for those aquatic mounts !

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Same goes for those aquatic mounts !
    especially the kosumoth mount.

slick fuckers had it under our nose the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovvah View Post
    The WDT only has 1 adt, so if you were to load in server-side the area in the last 3 screenshots is the only place you'd be able to run around in.

Possibly something for the 8.0 prepatch.. Azeroth warns us about something happening at Kul'tiras and that's why we go there?
    I don't know, everything is so vague. It hasn't been touched since 7.2.5 and its on live I assume, there might be just some Q that blizz needs to turn on to be available.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-07-10 at 07:21 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

To be fair, when I saw this and the mount from the Darkmoon Faire, I was more convinced than ever that next expansion would involve the sea and the nagas. I'm still convinced of that, but the more time goes, the more I think the form the expansion will take will probably be unexpected.

EDIT: I've just made a poll about Kul'Tiras and how people think it's gonna be implemented into the game. For those interested, it's right HERE!

Regardless what the expac is next, what sort of release date can we expect to see, November 2018 perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Regardless what the expac is next, what sort of release date can we expect to see, November 2018 perhaps?
    Pessimist here.

September is 7.3 Zone 1.
    November is 7.3 Raid
    January is 7.3 Final Two Zones
    June/July/August is release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    I'm hoping it would be more something like June/July/August 2018 with 7.3 hitting live around October/November but I don't really know... I remember someone made a topic about this, with actual data and statistics about previous release dates. It was quite well done!

Yep, just saw it's been discussed on page 6, for some reason I had missed it!
    Same here. The weird thing is, I even remember seeing the picture, it just completely flew past me though I guess.

The funny thing about a lot of these potential clues, is how I actually remember considering them at the time, but they just faded in my mind over time. Now that people are bringing up the Kul Tiras marines, I remember really focusing on that when I ran into them during the questing. I also remember people speculating about the aquatically themed mounts. I guess it's just hard to know which things are clues and which things are coincidence until you have something more solid like a datamine.

lol I forgot all about this and that Darkmoon faire mount and of course kosumeth mount... It's so obvious the next expansion is sea themed now... They want us to have variety of mounts for swimming...

The question that remains is do they want to start Naga/N'zoth expansion now or will they make something like WoD to have a "lighter" story in between, making it about some pirates, Zandalari perhaps, some alliance vs horde of course and a turning point for us to the next expansion that will be naga/N'zoth is fighting corrupted Jaina or something.

I hope the second part doesn't come to pass this way... Sure they can divide Naga/N'zoth and Zaldalari/pirates and lighter sea theme stuff but they need to make it more interesting than what I just came up with

Pessimist idea;

The Kosumoth mount and eels, etc are all remnants of a scrapped naga expansion not a look at whats to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Pessimist idea;

The Kosumoth mount and eels, etc are all remnants of a scrapped naga expansion not a look at whats to come.
    If this ends up being true, I'm gonna still ALL the butter, Paula, and I mean it. ALL. THE. BUTTER. ON EARTH.

If this ends up being true, I'm gonna still ALL the butter, Paula, and I mean it. ALL. THE. BUTTER. ON EARTH.
    I mean go for it right now. I don't think I have been wrong with my pessimism since Legion launched.

The Emerald Hippogryph certainly generated a lot of speculation back in the day, but ultimately didn't have any significant connection to Warlords of Draenor.

Only the Kul Tiras datamining makes the sea stuff feel more solid (and even that could be part of something scrapped). As it is, there was a recent "Northrend 2.0" post that listed a bunch of potential clues, and honestly they feel pretty solid in a vacuum themselves. It's only in hindsight that many of these things become obvious (and honestly, it's not like you can't have a bit of both, Legion is certainly proof that they can resolve tons of plots outside of the main one).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Emerald Hippogryph certainly generated a lot of speculation back in the day, but ultimately didn't have any significant connection to Warlords of Draenor.
    I have a feeling it did actually. The color palette itself was the connection. Most likely they wanted to see how it looked in-engine on a mount before texturing Talador. I know it sounds crazy, but it actually makes sense.

Only the Kul Tiras datamining makes the sea stuff feel more solid (and even that could be part of something scrapped). As it is, there was a recent "Northrend 2.0" post that listed a bunch of potential clues, and honestly they feel pretty solid in a vacuum themselves. It's only in hindsight that many of these things become obvious (and honestly, it's not like you can't have a bit of both, Legion is certainly proof that they can resolve tons of plots outside of the main one).
    Yeah I saw that as well, the facts that the undead models had been updated, all of that.

I mean go for it right now. I don't think I have been wrong with my pessimism since Legion launched.
    *Fahrad looks into the future and sees himself bathing in butter* I hateeeee you Paula, I haaaaaate you for being right!

Northrend is going to happen in the future no doubt, I just hope it's not now because it still feels too soon...
    Let's have our south seas expansion finally, perhaps then? Or even this idea:

We deal with Azshara and N'zoth (Maybe trolls on the way too), expansion after that we go off to ethereal world and other worlds to fight the void
    so that's an expansion about different worlds and environments, and while we are out there thinking all's good at home, Bolvar finally makes his move and starts causing lots of troubles in Azeroth with the scourge so the expansion after space traveling, we go deal with him!

It also makes sense seeing in the DK quests he is quite the snake and has some hidden plans and agendas, waiting for the right moment to make a move.

Actually, speaking of both Kul Tiras and Northrend, there is already a way in which we could sort of have both.

Jaina is obviously associated with Kul Tiras. Here are Jaina's last words in Legion:
    "Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: This Council is blind to the truth. When the Horde betrays you again, remember who warned you. Farewell."

Now here is Varimathras' dialogue on Argus:
    "Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one. When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late. It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you."

If Varimathras is right, then Jaina will be too. In other words, an expansion with Kul Tiras and Jaina could certainly have a Sylvanas on the move that justifies updating the undead and undead-related stuff (it doesn't have to literally take place on Northrend to justify most of it).

Pessimist here.

September is 7.3 Zone 1.
    November is 7.3 Raid
    January is 7.3 Final Two Zones
    June/July/August is release.
    Blizz has avoided releasing expansions during summer every expansion except legion (which to be fair was August 30th summer was just ending). I'm expecting a Nov/Christmas release.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Blizz has avoided releasing expansions during summer every expansion except legion (which to be fair was August 30th summer was just ending). I'm expecting a Nov/Christmas release.
    It hasn't been avoided, its been delayed past it.