Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    they also did not answer a question quite like that
    Nope, I watched the whole thing. Ion definitely and clearly stated that they were not sub-races and did not have parent races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    This doesn’t feel like an expansion to WoW as much as an expansion to Legion which I’m very happy about personally. On paper seem to have good compromises to the rng issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m confused by that statement?
    If it can deliver on what it promises I'm sure it will be a decent expansion. But its new(!) features seem to be nothing more than a basic concept at this point, which comes with a chance of being drastically changed or even cut down, like what happened to Garrisons back then. They were a shadow of what they are supposed to be and that hurt the overall expansion greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Probably the week after, then? Very soon.
    It won't be released during Thanksgiving week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    The key is in the name. We are going to forge alliances with these races and convince them to join our factions cause.

It's also a way for them to implement races that use skeletons/models of races they've already made. So they can just add them without making them their own starting zones.
    So they are full members of their respective factions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    If it can deliver on what it promises I'm sure it will be a decent expansion. But its new(!) features seem to be nothing more than a basic concept at this point, which comes with a chance of being drastically changed or even cut down, like what happened to Garrisons back then. They were a shadow of what they are supposed to be and that hurt the overall expansion greatly.
    I hear you.
    Islands sound good in concept. And if they can truly pull it off it could become a really fun thing to do in addition to dungeons and shit. But it can also become boring as fuck or even worse, go the way of Farahlon. (Still angry Blizz. Still angry)

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    So they are full members of their respective factions?
    That's actually a good point. Like whether or not they are an actual and permanent part of the Horde, or are just considered to be very close allies.

Edit: Then again, the Alliance is literally called Alliance. So that phrasing "allied races" sure is confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I hear you.
    Islands sound good in concept. And if they can truly pull it off it could become a really fun thing to do in addition to dungeons and shit. But it can also become boring as fuck or even worse, go the way of Farahlon. (Still angry Blizz. Still angry)
    I'm a sucker for warfronts, if they make it in the way they've talked about it. But all they had to show was a Wc3 Tech build, which is really weird.

That's actually a good point. Like whether or not they are an actual and permanent part of the Horde, or are just considered to be very close allies.

Edit: Then again, the Alliance is literally called Alliance. So that phrasing "allied races" sure is confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a sucker for warfronts, if they make it in the way they've talked about it. But all they had to show was a Wc3 Tech build, which is really weird.
    Maybe the new allies wont stay with the same faction for eternity? ...nahh what i say is dumb

Deleted
    The best thing about the (6!) new character slots is that for once, they're not adding them to let us fit in another class on our roster. So now we can have one of each class on a realm PLUS up to six variations of those classes. This is perfect for living out class/race fantasy. A night elf hunter is obviously a very different thing from a dwarf hunter, etc. Personally I can't wait to have a draenei paladin more attuned to the Naaru, decked out in crystal armour, and a Human paladin following the Chuch of the Light in the more traditional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The follower system seems gone which I am very ok with. I got tired of it in 7.2 and Garrisons lasted a few years(WoD).
    Follower system going I could see some being upset about but I’m not 100% sure everything related to the mission table is gone. They only said followers. And I believe in the content preview they showed something about outposts which could change factions maybe that is their new mission table.

(I would personally like to not have it and that above theory was by my brother who really doesn’t like them so this not me trying to be overly optimistic)

Deleted
    https://imgur.com/a/9xXKr
    heres my 3 minute paint presentation intermission style phase for the boss theyre designing, boss starts full water phase->after dmging him>splits into 3, Tank(brown) has to keep all party in his anti water zone(the water is kind of shadow corrupted just didnt have the colors), healer(green) has a wall ability aswell to ward the group from debris coming towards the grp, and the dps(purple) get little beams to increase dmg taken on the 3 adds so u actually want to move toward them as a group even if youre a 0 melee group. adds cast and stuff to get some groupwide dmg going, kill all adds, boss reforms with the shadow water fused into him now and does extra shadow stuff in the full form phase again till death

You can be allied with an alliance without being a signatory in a binding treaty tho, there are numerous real world examples.

Those allied races are indeed confusing. I can't see why Lightforged Draeneis are considered a different race as opposed to just Draeneis. Or Dark Iron, that are members of Ironforge and the Alliance since Cata. Should had just called them subraces.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    It won't be released during Thanksgiving week.
    I'm from Canada, I always forget US Thanksgiving is in November. :P

So worgen are getting new model but not at launch, this i can live with.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess if you think abot it. The alliance and horde are a bunch of allied races together. These are the same. But we will be allying with them trough gameplay. The point of these (in addition to easu races to implement for the devs) is that we are literally recruiting them and making them our allies.

Warfronts have potentional.
    They should give it harder modes you can tackle with your guild. Could be nice to assign roles to members and actually work togethee as an army. Taking the role of units in a rts. Raid leadee is the "player"
    Last edited by mmoc1f998e34da; 2017-11-05 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Nope, I watched the whole thing. Ion definitely and clearly stated that they were not sub-races and did not have parent races.
    Whops, I typed one 'not' too many, I wanted to say they answered a question like that.
    But I don't know what you mean? They are not sub-races, that is clear, but that only means they are not from any race we already have in our factions. How they come to us and what that entails they did not answer and we have no basis to discuss that on, because we will see that only when we get the info from the introductory quests.
    If I had to guess I'd say we don't recruit the whole faction, just maybe a group of them, like the troups that Silgryn trained for example.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read the cliff notes of the Q&A. Calling it now. War fronts are cut before release.

Also bet enhanced character creation never happens.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    So, WoW Blizzcon is over, no Antorus release date

I expected the warfronts were "castle siege" of Lordaeron and Teldrassil ashes each week

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh also I totally bet they're doing that behind the scenes point system to pick a winner and kill the losers faction leaders.

Enemy faction characters as future bosses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)