Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    They're just suggesting/recommending that there should be a Horde and Alliance version of the CE.
    This precisely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google translate does a decent rough deal:

"A crazy idea! Given that BFA has a very marked differences between factions... what seem a horde collector's Ed. and another Alliance? It would be the first time that we would see something like this and some other are... :P "

Edit: Beaten down like Bozo the Clown!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    https://twitter.com/WowChakra/status/958371631650533376

Anyone here that can translate?

EDIT: A question about different versions for A and H CEs
    "Given that BFA has a very marked differences between factions... what seem a horde collector's Ed. and another Alliance? It would be the first time that we would see something like this and some other are... :P " Rough translation from Twitter

E: I was too late with the translation, woopsy.
    Last edited by TarzoEzio; 2018-01-30 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Since the main theme of BfA is faction conflict, he think it would be nice to have separate versions of the collector's edition, one for ally, one for horde. Then he asks what people think about his idea.

Edit: too late

So for the CE edition, do you guys think we'll get both mounts for Alliance and Horde? Or will we have to choose one?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So for the CE edition, do you guys think we'll get both mounts for Alliance and Horde? Or will we have to choose one?
    Unlock both, but only one usable per faction.

I saw this in a different thread, but what if the "switch" has already been flipped for allied races, and we are just waiting for the prereq of pre-order for them to appear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    I saw this in a different thread, but what if the "switch" has already been flipped for allied races, and we are just waiting for the prereq of pre-order for them to appear?
    Could be, could not be, noone knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be just a small hotfix that they'll introduce when you buy BFA. It's possible.

Unlikely, we should be able to see the new races in the creation screen if the swith was on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    Unlikely, we should be able to see the new races in the creation screen if the swith was on.
    I dont think so, i thought the extra button for Allied Races only appear, when you unlocked on of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quite sure in that case there would be the "race profiles" (for lack of better words) in the embassy, as they were seen on PTR.
    By race profiles, I mean this:

WHERE IS MY PRE-ORDER!

I have some money on B.net. JUST DO IT BLIZZARD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we wait

Quote Originally Posted by Zyntos View Post
    I dont think so, i thought the extra button for Allied Races only appear, when you unlocked on of them.
    The error messages that were datamined ages ago indicated that when trying to create an allied race without a preorder/prepurchase you would get a message saying that preorder/prepurchase was required.

So this would mean its possible you'll see the allied races on character creation but can only complete the creation with a BfA license. So I guess when the switch is hit, we'll all see them on character select regardless of BfA purchase. So in other words, no the switch isn't hit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyntos View Post
    Hiding the allied races would be dumb considering how many people don't read news sites and would be completely unaware about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    The error messages that were datamined ages ago indicated that when trying to create an allied race without a preorder/prepurchase you would get a message saying that preorder/prepurchase was required.

So this would mean its possible you'll see the allied races on character creation but can only complete the creation with a BfA license. So I guess when the switch is hit, we'll all see them on character select regardless of BfA purchase. So in other words, no the switch isn't hit imo.
    In order to see them, i'd argue you need to do the unlocking quests/scenario first and you can do those without bfa on your account but in order to create/race change to the allied races you need to buy bfa.

Homophobia is so gay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Soooo...

The Embassy now has Baine and Liadrin standing on rugs in front of Sylvanas while Nathanos kneels on a rug nearby. Liadrin and Baine are both asking the player to convince Sylvanas to seek out the Highmountain and the Nightborne.

Gallywix is off to the side saying "Yeah, sure. Allies. I get it." and talking about his business.

Wasn't there a table in the middle of the room, before? 'Cause if there was, it's gone.

This is on the Live Servers.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post

It's much simpler.

If the allied races are unlocked by the pre-order and thus they are helping sell the pre-order, you never hide them for those who don't have the pre-order yet - you put them front and center to show that the option is available and put a helpful buy button to unlock.

Sales 101.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's much simpler.

If the allied races are unlocked by the pre-order and thus they are helping sell the pre-order, you never hide them for those who don't have the pre-order yet - you put them front and center to show that the option is available and put a helpful buy button to unlock.

Sales 101.
    alright alright, you convinced me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Soooo...

The Embassy now has Baine and Liadrin standing on rugs in front of Sylvanas while Nathanos kneels on a rug nearby. Liadrin and Baine are both asking the player to convince Sylvanas to seek out the Highmountain and the Nightborne.

Gallywix is off to the side saying "Yeah, sure. Allies. I get it." and talking about his business.

Wasn't there a table in the middle of the room, before? 'Cause if there was, it's gone.

This is on the Live Servers.
    This is VERY interesting. Was this there before?