Poll: Starcraft or Diablo 'Chronicles' book(s)?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question Blizzard: Would you want a Chronicles of Sanctuary or Chronicles of Korhal book?

With the success and popularity of Warcraft Chronicles, would you like to see one for Starcraft or Diablo?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    With the success and popularity of Warcraft Chronicles, would you like to see one for Starcraft or Diablo?
    Book of Cain/Tyrael are covered so it would obviously be Korhal.

Deleted
    Diablo stuff is meh. Rather Starcraft stuff.

Deleted
    I dunno. seeing how they have already done non trivial retcons to the wow chronicle book i'm abit worried.

Both starcraft and diablo wont see a new game for 4-5 years most likely, so they won't contradict their new book anytime soon.
    On the other hand, both starcraft and diablo have well established origin stories already in novels that they would no doubt fuck with.

I would love to know more about a bunch of minor factions and things in those franchises, but i don't really want a void lord level change to their origin stories.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-07-14 at 07:02 PM.

Not really honestly. Both of those worlds are pretty much 'because we need it' world building. In diablo its a world with sanctuary, the high heavens and hell. Angels above, demons below, nephelim in the middle. Thats really it for the sake of the grind beyond 'this guy did this in the game but you played it so you know that' stuff.

Then theres starcraft which involves an actual, legitimate mary sue becoming a god angel made of fire, saving everything forever and then literally fucking across the universe to seed all planets with life.

I dont think that level of writing needs a book to explain its worldbuilding. Maybe if they went a different path after wings of liberty but even then it was mostly warhammer meets firefly: the diet coke of fluff to facilitate the gameplay. Gotta remember these games are not persistent worlds. the maps are bowls and funnels respectively to facilitate an effervescent 'gone when you are finished with the area/match' gameplay style. May as well want a chronicle style book about smite or league of legends if names and places is all it takes.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Where's the no option

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Where's the no option
    pretty sure the 'dont know/dont care' would cover it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    pretty sure the 'dont know/dont care' would cover it
    i want a no option

Yes. The Warcraft ones have been great (I own both). I'd love to see some for the other Blizzard game universes.

Book of Cain and Book of Tyrael are the Diablo versions of Chronicles.

I love those biased polls where you can't say 'no'.

There's already the Book of Cain.