Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unstable Arcanocrystal - One of the worst trinkets?

Hi guys,

i just undusted my DH in the last days because of the demonic build is super fun for me. I simmed him today to get some rough stat weights. Problem is that, contradictory to everyone elses findings, arcanocrystal (i have the standard 860) sims really really bad for me, worse than most ilvl845 trinkets.
    Reason is, according to SimC, that all my secondaries are worth near to nothing (i weight AOE and ST 50:50 as i only do M+ - but the difference between those seems is negligible):

Agi = 1
    Crit = 0.56
    Vers = 0.57
    Mastery = 0.5
    Haste 0.42

So obviously, because arcano doesnt have agi, it's worth apeshit. Did you also see this somewhere?

Character is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Drm/advanced

You sure you're using 715-02 version of simcraft? These stats seems so 7.1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

Stacked Trinket Spreadsheet.

By itself, it is the best non-legendary trinket available at 860 and still crushes other trinkets with higher levels.
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2017-01-26 at 04:40 PM.

It's one of the best, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._047I/pubhtml#

Stacked Trinket Spreadsheet.

By itself, it is the best non-legendary trinket available at 860 and still crushes other trinkets with higher levels.
    Whoa, Arcanogolem Digit is still that bad? Even after the 30% damage buff it received? How bad was it before?

I used the 715-02 that was released yesterday.

I have an 860 A-Crystal, and I absolutely hate it. I love Blizzard talking about how they want ilvl to matter, but even now the Arcano Crystal sims higher then almost any heroic Nighthold trinkets. Its such a boring bland stack stick, yet its one of our best in the game.

I have that feeling toward my 875 Guarm's Eye with Verse on it...

I hate Verse...it has no panache to it.
    Crit I see and Feel
    Haste I see and Feel
    Mastery I see at least
    Verse just blah

And it sims so higher than all my fun trinkets cause it has just so much of it...

blah

Simple answer: you have shit gear, that's why Agility is (still) so far ahead. Secondary stats start to become better the higher gear you get.

This has nothing to do with Arcano Crystal, though. It's a terribly good trinket for its ilvl.

Also, if you're simming with Memeonic build Mastery just isn't that good because no insane Meta + Nem + CB burst which overvalues Mastery quite a bit, esp. with high-end gear.

BTW: Versatility is a strong stat for multi-target, always has been.

PS: I've simmed your char (3320123 build) with a 600sec HecticAddCleave fight which is a very rough(!) approximate situation closer to a M+ run than standard Patchwerk sim:

( Pawn: v1: "Drm": Agility=22.83, CritRating=13.29, HasteRating=9.65, MasteryRating=11.74, Versatility=13.88 )
    Don't take it as your perfect stats. It's just that you get an idea what stats you should focus on for your primary content (M+)

Disclaimer: your stat weights may change drastically with different gear, builds and scenarios!
    Last edited by chooi; 2017-01-26 at 10:55 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

How can you trust this spreadsheet when chornoshard-set is lower than chronoshard itself ? Or just a typo? What's rly ugly is that stat-sticks are often the best choice, specially in fights with a lot of target swapping, since all proc trinkets may proc in worst situations. So on a patchwerk sim proc-trinkets should be ahed. I wonder how trinket balance can be so broken, that you rather run with fucking low-lvl stat-sticks which you can obtain from wq /lower tier raids than using your NH-Drops. Since there are no more weapon drops the only exciting loot for me are set-pieces and trinkets because everything else is basically just stats-replacements, this rly should be addressed by blizz soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    How can you trust this spreadsheet when chornoshard-set is lower than chronoshard itself ? Or just a typo? What's rly ugly is that stat-sticks are often the best choice, specially in fights with a lot of target swapping, since all proc trinkets may proc in worst situations. So on a patchwerk sim proc-trinkets should be ahed. I wonder how trinket balance can be so broken, that you rather run with fucking low-lvl stat-sticks which you can obtain from wq /lower tier raids than using your NH-Drops. Since there are no more weapon drops the only exciting loot for me are set-pieces and trinkets because everything else is basically just stats-replacements, this rly should be addressed by blizz soon.
    maybe it factors in the shitty ass neck you have to take for the set

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    How can you trust this spreadsheet when chornoshard-set is lower than chronoshard itself ?
    Chronoshard has a ~1 PPM. That means that the neck-effect is roughly worth 200 haste at most while coming at the expense of suboptimal stats; it just isn't good.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-01-27 at 03:18 PM.

Remember with EoC that the second there are target switches this trinket does take a serious hit.

Thrice-Accursed Compass isn`t on the list, anyone knows if I should switch out Unstable arcanocrystal (860) for a 880 Thrice-accursed compass?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpanda View Post
    Thrice-Accursed Compass isn`t on the list, anyone knows if I should switch out Unstable arcanocrystal (860) for a 880 Thrice-accursed compass?
    That is a horrible trinket.

It is a on-budget stat stick with three secondaries (1/3 value each) instead of one. That makes it the worst stat stick possible.

Unstsable Arcanocrystal in comparison is a completely overbudgeted item with 3388 secondary stats at ilvl 860. As you can see on the trinket list linked above, even a pure crit or mastery stat stick needs more than 880 ilvl to compete with that.

I think the worst trinket is arcanogolem digit
    This thing doesnt seem to proc at all even on aoe. Its not unusual for most fights for it to do a grand total of 100k damage less than 0.1% of my damage. Pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by Faenlyn View Post
    I think the worst trinket is arcanogolem digit
    This thing doesnt seem to proc at all even on aoe. Its not unusual for most fights for it to do a grand total of 100k damage less than 0.1% of my damage. Pretty sad
    Your trinket must be broken, mine procs constantly O.o (i don't have better lol)
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-01-28 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Chronoshard has a ~1 PPM. That means that the neck-effect is roughly worth 200 haste at most while coming at the expense of suboptimal stats; it just isn't good.
    The chronoshard set is worth the same at i840 or i925 as well - it doesn't scale up with the neck/trinket stats. As a result it can be great at 840 and awful at 925 for the same class

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Hi guys,

i just undusted my DH in the last days because of the demonic build is super fun for me. I simmed him today to get some rough stat weights. Problem is that, contradictory to everyone elses findings, arcanocrystal (i have the standard 860) sims really really bad for me, worse than most ilvl845 trinkets.
    Reason is, according to SimC, that all my secondaries are worth near to nothing (i weight AOE and ST 50:50 as i only do M+ - but the difference between those seems is negligible):

Agi = 1
    Crit = 0.56
    Vers = 0.57
    Mastery = 0.5
    Haste 0.42

So obviously, because arcano doesnt have agi, it's worth apeshit. Did you also see this somewhere?

Character is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Drm/advanced
    arcanocrystal trinkets its one of the best trinkets you can get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    arcanocrystal trinkets its one of the best trinkets you can get!!!
    Sure best dps wise, best fun wise? Nah, I prefer procs and will always pref procs, ya'll can keep your arcano and other sticks.