Balance Log Review

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Would someone mind reviewing my recent Goroth kill log? Raidbots says I should be doing about 200k more dmg than I'm currently doing ST. I struggle to break the 700k mark ST even in M+s. I don't have much a problem in AOE situations, but I'm very disappointed in ST performance. The other legos I have are LatC, boots, back and Sephuz and I'm still trying to get a fourth piece to complete t20 4p. RNGesus hates me.

Thank you

Here's an AMR sim of you on Goroth. That's far more accurate in terms of what you should be able to do on the encounter than the default Simcraft/Raidbots singlet target quick sim:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...2a3017199f7458

What does it show? You came in at 686k DPS. The Sim comes in at 830k for a fight of your duration.

What is the sim doing better than you?

-Slightly higher dot uptimes (it's at 99%)
    -better uptime on the Emerald Dreamcatcher buff. It's at 86%. You're at 80%. As a result it casts more starsurges, 60 to your 50.
    -In general, it looks like you're just not active enough in terms of casting which probably means you're not doing well to pre-plan around movement. You and the sim have similar DoT cast numbers, but it gets off way more hard casts. You cast 90 total hard cast nukes (lunar strike or solar wrath). The sim casts 99.

Stuff that's out of your control:
    -On the pull I looked at, you only had 22% uptime on concordance buff, the sim averaged 31%.
    -it also had about 10% more uptime on the metronome buff (though I didn't check stacks)
    -your terror from below trinket also hit a bit less hard on average than the sim

All of that is small stuff.

The main thing you need to work on is your ability to play around movement. You're not hardcasting enough. Try to make sure to shuffle towards and away from pillars during instants.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    Here's an AMR sim of you on Goroth. That's far more accurate in terms of what you should be able to do on the encounter than the default Simcraft/Raidbots singlet target quick sim:
    Why is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Why is that the case?
    For a two reasons:
    (a) You can import your character from the log and it will automatically set it to the same fight length as the base duration [you can do this in simcraft yourself, of course, but basically no one does]
    (b) It simulates the debuff assignments that happen in the Goroth encounter that randomly force movement. The basic simcraft/raidbots is just a stand and nuke simulation [as is the basic AMR simulation on a target dummy]. Unless you get really lucky or unlucky with debuffs the sim is reasonably accurate as to how much forced movement you'll get.

They publish the details of how they're simulating the encounter specific movement stuff on their blog.
    They also did a nice job last tier on krosus of going back to double check dps compared to real logs and the results (imo) were pretty impressive.
    And no, this is not a paid advertisement for AMR
    Last edited by thedeisel; 2017-07-12 at 10:48 PM.