Thread: Frost 7.3

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    once HRW is on the same tier as BoS and Horn of Winter turns into a 45 second CD. maybe they can allow Breath to have 2 separate chances to Proc RE if your on 2+ Targets (capped at 2 so you dont have infinite runes at 5+ targets).

Deleted
    It's not like BOS is now sooooo far ahead.

I did a sim and had the following result:

BOS + COF 1086k
    BOS + Critstick 1065k
    MG 1049k

With all the recent buffs, MG isn't sooooo far behind, it got tons of buffs. I'd always prefer BOS though.

Yeah, I wouldn't make the argument that they should figure out how to make it so their design of slow-moving-juggernaut works. They put that design idea on themselves to figure out and balance, which they have clearly been unable to do.

That's why it makes no sense to keep things the way they are. The easy fix, and the one that I think we all agree on, is give us our speed back. You're right, it does feel terrible to play a DK at 100% movement speed. Who of us doesn't have a hotkey that swaps to a speed set? Who has an 18 parse because I forgot to swap out of my movement speed for a fight? Yeah, that's me. I may have parsed that low, but man, it felt good to move like that during a boss encounter

That would fix a lot of the problem right there. But nope - can't have that. Shows that their vision of the class didn't pan out. I'm not quite sure why that's so hard to admit, especially given all the cheers that would come from them changing their minds on something so ridiculous. Now we're back to your and Rune's points on their design problem solving approach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I have my doubts that the developers know what they want us to be doing.
    They want us permalocked in BoS. I don't think the requirement to make HRW alternative to BoS came from within the team.

I hate the BoS playstyle, but then again I felt they gutted Frost in Legion anyway. I like the aesthetic of the spec, don't want to play a melee pet class and I don't like tanking on DK, much prefer Warrior and Paladin.

As long as I can do DPS that's at least competitive with a BoS build I don't really care, with these changes I think they're just trying to make it so that a BoS build is not the clear winner because that build, to me, feels terrible in any content that's not a raid because shit dies so fast everywhere else BoS feels completely wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I did a sim and had the following result:
    I assume you're talking about 7.2.5, right? I don't see an updated 7.3 sim yet (and this is the 7.3 thread).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I assume you're talking about 7.2.5, right? I don't see an updated 7.3 sim yet (and this is the 7.3 thread).
    Yes, 7.2.5. It's just about talking that BOS isn't so far ahead on live servers after RW nerf and 5% buff. MG was buffed by 5%, only BOS spec suffered from that nerf.

There seems to be a general opinion that MG is currently sooooooooooooooooooooo far behind that you can't pick it. With recent hotfix, you are NOT forced to pick BOS on live servers. And without COF + HRW, BOS is pretty weak. You need a certain talent setup to make BOS work.

That's why they also buffed BOS by another 10% (additionally to the 21% buff).

Yep all should be competitive in 7.2.5. Remember that sim is a best-case scenario with perfect execution. It's vastly easier to perfectly execute Glacial Advance or Obliteration than BoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Yes, 7.2.5. It's just about talking that BOS isn't so far ahead on live servers after RW nerf and 5% buff. MG was buffed by 5%, only BOS spec suffered from that nerf.

There seems to be a general opinion that MG is currently sooooooooooooooooooooo far behind that you can't pick it. With recent hotfix, you are NOT forced to pick BOS on live servers. And without COF + HRW, BOS is pretty weak. You need a certain talent setup to make BOS work.

That's why they also buffed BOS by another 10% (additionally to the 21% buff).
    They buffed BoS by 10% to offset the huge duration loss it will suffer by not being able to use HRW.