Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Same old forum users, having the same old debate about the same old topic with each other. Off-topic sure is a carousel ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Vague indeed.

But in any case, it seems you take a big risk these days in the US if you call the cops to help you.
    I hear suicide by cops is popular nowadays. Maybe she dialed the assisted suicide hotline?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    The greatest superpower in the world...hardy har har that's quite a joke!
    It is a country with the power to completly wipe out the planet.. But other than that, they are not great in any sense of the word.

The only thing you can claim to be great at, is killing each other and putting people in jail.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-17 at 06:08 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    It is a country with the power to completly wipe out the planet.. But other than that, they are not great in any sense of the word.

The only thing you can claim to be great at, is killing each other and putting people in jail for shitty reasons.
    They're also good at being a country of exceptional, unparalleled greed. Basically a country built around extorting each other.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-18 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Actually that is the reality, no matter how much you dislike it. Just compare gun laws and murder rate in Great Britain and Switzerland for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop lying, the murder rate went up, not down after the ban.
    Or you can stop lying. It did not go up:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wch1iM2hiJ...+7.32+PM+1.png
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I have said this hundreds of times and people don't seem to take my warnings seriously.

- Do not travel to the United States, they are in the midst of a silent civil war.
    - The United States has detached itself from the rest of the world.
    - The United States is violent and dangerous and is akin to vacationing in North Korea, Syria, The Congo, or any other region wrought with turmoil and corruption.

People need to start treating the United States as they would a dangerous 3rd world country, becsuse that is honestly what it has become. If anyone travels there and is hurt, you were warned. Just like when they labotamized that Western kid in North Korea... he knew the risks.

Same applies to America. You know the risks...
    Yeah, don'tcha know we have IED car bombs just rolling down the street here in Oregon, and I heard citizens are allowed to kill suspected drug users in the street in Alabama, and I've also heard of religious beheading in Texas.

Oh oh, and female castration is legal in Michigan, how third world of them. Plus, Maine starves its citizens if they don't swear fealty to the Governor of Maine. Sickening human rights violations, someone should do something, seriously.

/s
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Its funny and sad at the same time, if any other country than US was a subject to so much nation bashing in so few pages, the thread would have been locked already...

If its one thing I really cannot stand in other people living in Europe, its this insufferable smugness.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The only way this would change is if you could remove 100% of guns.. that will NEVER happen. Even with gun control cops will still be trained to look for danger and not put their guard down. The moment they do put there guard down some random criminal with an illegal gun shoots one of them and it resets the whole process. its amazing that people cant seem to forward think and see how shit like that would ultimately go down.

This is coming from a NON gun owner.
    They could still be paying close attention and keeping themselves relatively safe when interacting with suspects in a scenario of stricter weapon control, but it sounds like cops are in a constant state of stress and/or fear, so they feel the need to be in a position of shooting as a reflex more than as a decision. Maybe if they didn't face armed people all the time, they would be in a better state of mind to deal with all kinds of situations.

Just a wild guess, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You're so defensive, butthurt much? Probably because he's telling you something that you know is true. Pull your head out of your arse and recognise your country needs fixing mate.
    Umm... what?

First off, again, where did I say the country doesn't have problems or things that need fixing? Where did I state that the US is just, like, so awesome and there are no systemic issues? Please. Find it and show me.

Now, moving on, what did he tell me that I 'know is true'.
    Lets investigate.
    - Do not travel to the United States, they are in the midst of a silent civil war.
    Without excessive clarification and a firm understanding of how much of this statement is meant to be figurative, I don't know this to be true.
    - The United States has detached itself from the rest of the world.
    Trump is Mr. 'America First'! and lives in his little bubble, but in any practical sense as to the nation this is not true.
    - The United States is violent and dangerous and is akin to vacationing in North Korea, Syria, The Congo, or any other region wrought with turmoil and corruption.
    This is not true. Yes, the US has many problems that we need to work on, but when the parallels are North Korea and Syria, the US is by far a much better and safer place to live and the comparison is nonsensical. Or do you consider North Korea and the US a true 1:1 comparison, with no hyperbole in that at all? If so I would like you to describe to me why you think the two countries are basically the same, as you are of the opinion that calling that comparison ridiculous is the result of an injured buttocks.
    People need to start treating the United States as they would a dangerous 3rd world country, becsuse that is honestly what it has become.
    This is not true.

So... can you please point me to the things he told me that I know are true?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce
    You might have to let that one go at this point.

TPLAC didn't catch on :P
    Never! I will go to my grave whining about the misuse of the term!

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    They could still be paying close attention and keeping themselves relatively safe when interacting with suspects in a scenario of stricter weapon control, but it sounds like cops are in a constant state of stress and/or fear, so they feel the need to be in a position of shooting as a reflex more than as a decision. Maybe if they didn't face armed people all the time, they would be in a better state of mind to deal with all kinds of situations.

Just a wild guess, of course.
    you do realize they face people with guns FAR FAR less than those without right? Lets say in the last 6 months cops faces 100 people with guns. that is like pissing in the ocean against how many that haven't had guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Its funny and sad at the same time, if any other country than US was a subject to so much nation bashing in so few pages, the thread would have been locked already...

If its one thing I really cannot stand in other people living in Europe, its this insufferable smugness.
    They're just jealous

If the world was like WoW the US would be the top guild everyone else is envious of and hates us because we're all elites pricks. They're stuck doing LFR because their guild BREXIT's out to form a separate guild.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They're just jealous

If the world was like WoW the US would be the top guild everyone else is envious of and hates us because we're all elites pricks. They're stuck doing LFR because their guild BREXIT's out to form a separate guild.
    Except for the part where there are numerous nations that are substantially more prosperous than we are.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Oh and it appears the cop was a somali immigrant.

MPD Officer Who Shot Woman Identified As Mohamed Noor.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except for the part where there are numerous nations that are substantially more prosperous than we are.
    Nah, you drink the EU koolaid and/or never been outside the US if you believe that shit.

Nah, you drink the EU koolaid and/or never been outside the US if you believe that shit.
    There are plenty of nations who are just as or more prosperous than the US when taken per capita, they just can't compete with the vast size, scope, and reach of the US when each is taken as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Yeah, don'tcha know we have IED car bombs just rolling down the street here in Oregon, and I heard citizens are allowed to kill suspected drug users in the street in Alabama, and I've also heard of religious beheading in Texas.

Oh oh, and female castration is legal in Michigan, how third world of them. Plus, Maine starves its citizens if they don't swear fealty to the Governor of Maine. Sickening human rights violations, someone should do something, seriously.

/s
    Chicago isn't known as Chi-raq for no reason.

The news is too recent with too many missing details to have any assumptions of what went wrong. At the moment though, it's looking bad for the officers IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Circumstances of this incident aside, any officer who discharges a firearm on duty with their body camera off should be fired on the spot. No fucking exceptions. Those things are for the protection of the police as much as their victims.

hundreds of thousands of police interaction happen everyday with 0 incidents, it's just the ones every now and then like this that get reported on that make it seem like it happens all the time.
    Compared to the rest of the developed world it does happen all the time (even when you look at per capita).

10+ Year Old Account
    No details, but enough to say I stand with the cops on this one. She obviously had it coming. Looks like a bad dude to me.