Resto help with logs

I am looking for some tips for our resto sham to improve his numbers I am a resto druid so I have no clue how to play resto sham so I do not know where to start. Thanks in advance.
    P.s. unable to post links so sorry for the spaces.

h ttps :/ / ww w. wa rcr. ftlo gs. com /rep orts/C R9rhg2 VpNDL 4186

h ttp s:/ /ww w. wa rcra. tlo gs. com /rep ort s/hBjM7J Dw1Z. yPkFV

Just glancing through one of the logs, he uses Healing Surge over Healing Wave (I have to assume he just accidentally cast Healing Wave based on the number of casts) and rarely uses Healing Rain.

Compared your log to mine. I had 91 casts in a 3:09 fight

your shammy had 119 in a 5:15 fight

He's just straight up not casting enough.
    @harruin, I threw up a 94% parse and used HR less than OP time adjusted. Yes HR was my top heal, but it's a tricky fight to spam it. Too easy to waste with movement. Low HR doesn't mean end of the world.
    Last edited by Jynus; 2017-07-18 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynus View Post
    Compared your log to mine. I had 91 casts in a 3:09 fight

your shammy had 119 in a 5:15 fight

He's just straight up not casting enough.
    @harruin, I threw up a 94% parse and used HR less than OP time adjusted. Yes HR was my top heal, but it's a tricky fight to spam it. Too easy to waste with movement. Low HR doesn't mean end of the world.
    I don't disagree, but he had 6 casts in a 6 minute fight on mistress with a group that had 9 people in melee range. It's similar in other wipes. You don't move that much in that fight.

Deleted
    What you can do is to tell him, to watch warcraftlog replays of shamans with good numbers on that enocunter (with similar setup if exists).
    You can learn alot by just watching the replays.