I think people tend to forget that we didn't play that exciting football under SAF most of the time. Sure there were periods when the attack was great, mostly due to the players we had. But if we look past the Ronaldo years and back when Rooney was good, there were a lot of 1-0 wins (some in injury time) and it was always more about the result than how you got there. Still, impressive that we got there a lot of the time. SAF knew how to get the results needed and even a mediocre game away against Stoke would end with a late 1-0 victory.

Sometimes I get the feeling that's what Mourinho is trying to do, but not achieving. (not as well as SAF at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    snip
    100%.

If utd's year is so bad then spurs, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool are in crisis mode if you believe the media. Saw an article the other day where a young kid had died and because utd used to buy some players from that club they linked them in into the title for the death of a minor. Thats how next level they are about it and have 0 shame selling papers using utds name.

And if utd under fergie were so attacking and masterful, Why is there such a thing as fergie time when utd would have to claw back in the dying minutes of the game *mic drop*

- - - Updated - - -

And before the regulars come out with their banter about 300mill or whatever. Morata/lacazette/llorente/Salah were all free were they

United fans in this thread who fell for my bait

*snippy snip*

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-11-07 at 05:59 PM.

Not really frankie it was incredibly obvious what you were doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of utds glory days, Moyes only gets a 6month contract at west ham, they are feeling confident in him I see

Moyes is a desperate man. His stock is at an all time low.
    He would slurp up anything given to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even wish Moysey on Liverpool.

West Ham face Everton on the last day of the season.

How poetic would it be if Everton are the team to relegate Moysey

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    West Ham face Everton on the last day of the season.

How poetic would it be if Everton are the team to relegate Moysey
    More poetic if they relegate eachother.

Deleted
    naw Evertons courting Big Sam apparently, he'll keep em up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good article on Mourinho and why he shouldn't be getting away with his teams performances.
    Fortuantly, the press / media are starting to cotton on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...bits-1.3281074
    Article starts off bad imo.

"when Henrikh Mkhitaryan looked with hollow defeated eyes towards the sideline and saw that his number was up."

Mkhitaryan has been absolutely terrible this season, he does not belong in the starting line up.

Man Utd lack creative players and players who can actually cross the ball.

Is it the boards or Mourinho's fault for a poor show in the transfer market?

Mourinho inherited a poor squad, had zero world class outfield players, and probably still has zero world class outfield players. I don't think Pogba is world class yet (compare this to what Guardiola inherited at Man City and what he has bought).

Man Utd get over charged in the market (all English clubs do really), but I think the board (people like Woodward) are more to blame than Mourinho for poor transfers.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-08 at 11:24 AM.

Good article on Mourinho and why he shouldn't be getting away with his teams performances.
    Fortuantly, the press / media are starting to cotton on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...bits-1.3281074
    I know this was intended as a wind up but Ken Early is excellent and the Second Captains podcast is always worth a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    100%.

If utd's year is so bad then spurs, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool are in crisis mode if you believe the media. Saw an article the other day where a young kid had died and because utd used to buy some players from that club they linked them in into the title for the death of a minor. Thats how next level they are about it and have 0 shame selling papers using utds name.

And if utd under fergie were so attacking and masterful, Why is there such a thing as fergie time when utd would have to claw back in the dying minutes of the game *mic drop*
    What I'm worried about is that we had a blib at the beginning of the season and that we are now on a downwards slope. If we end up fighting for 3rd-6th (which I believe is likely) we aren't going to be looking back and saying "well we were 2nd in November". I hope I'm proved wrong.

Regarding "Fergie time", that's the point, we almost invariably did score (much to everyone else's disgust). The players had belief in themselves and each other and knew they could score till that whistle blows. That mentality was lost years ago.

Deleted
    I'm shocked at how Mhktarian has fallen off a cliff.

He was one of the most creative forwards in Europe at Dortmund, would have killed to have him in my team.
    Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I'm shocked at how Mhktarian has fallen off a cliff.

He was one of the most creative forwards in Europe at Dortmund, would have killed to have him in my team.
    Sad.
    I know I'll be jumped on with this comment here, but it is part of the Mourinho effect. Herrera used to be a refined, creative player when he was at Bilbao and even with his first season at Man United. And now he is a hack.

herrera was voted utds player of the year last year. People have short memories in football.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    herrera was voted utds player of the year last year. People have short memories in football.
    It was also Mourinho's first season at the club. I could see his play devolve over the course of the season. I think people who watch day in and day out have a more difficult time seeing the differences. First LVG took his risky play out of him, and now Mourinho has made him into just a runner who can hack a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It was also Mourinho's first season at the club. I could see his play devolve over the course of the season. I think people who watch day in and day out have a more difficult time seeing the differences. First LVG took his risky play out of him, and now Mourinho has made him into just a runner who can hack a bit.
    Im guessing you're refering to his years in bilbao seeing as you watch la liga. He had 7 goals in 94 appearances. Hardly the most creative midfielder around. His tenacity and passion are his greatest attributes dont see why him being more defensive focused is a bad thing

goals isn't the only hallmark of a creative midfielder. If that was the sole measuring stick then David Silva would be shit

And besides that, Herrera was an 8 at Bilbao, not a 10

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    goals isn't the only hallmark of a creative midfielder. If that was the sole measuring stick then David Silva would be shit

And besides that, Herrera was an 8 at Bilbao, not a 10
    Ok assists then, 20 in nearly 100 games, still not that impressive. And hes not a 10 at utd either

You are a whoscored type of person aren't you? Have you ever played at a competitive level?