Deleted
    old manager has gone, its a new start & time to dream!!

PLAY IT!!

I like how the "On our way" song even admits they dont know themselves how they will get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lindelof has actually come right after a rocky start. Could be a potentially world class CB for years to come. His ability on the ball to start quick counter attacks is excatly what utd need. Ederson/stones does it for city and it works a treat

Mkhi is probably going to be sold and its sad it hasn't worked out for him. Too inconsistent for utd but on his day hes amazing

Lukaku is doing fine except the defensive errors costing goals, shouldnt be seeing that at this level of play.

And matic, bailly, pogba have all helped the team massively.
    No, Lukaku is not doing fine. Aside from heading an open net out for a fucking throw in, giving away 3 goals in as many matches, he can’t pass the ball and his anticipation has completely gone. He missed a bunch of balls put through to him and held up a bunch with 3 players running ahead, completely stopping our attacks.

He is shit. He needs dropping. He got away with it while we were winning but he’s a passenger now. We don’t need his goals; thankfully players who can put the ball in the net thankfully aren’t something we lack, and he offers nothing else; and right now not even that. He serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, Lukaku is not doing fine. Aside from heading an open net out for a fucking throw in, giving away 3 goals in as many matches, he can’t pass the ball and his anticipation has completely gone. He missed a bunch of balls put through to him and held up a bunch with 3 players running ahead, completely stopping our attacks.

He is shit. He needs dropping. He got away with it while we were winning but he’s a passenger now. We don’t need his goals; thankfully players who can put the ball in the net thankfully aren’t something we lack, and he offers nothing else; and right now not even that. He serves no purpose.
    Think thats a bit harsh. Video is grainy as fuck but remember his assist to martial vs spurs? He defiantly can/does link up play, he can pull off nice passing but its not his game, hes a target man with pace.

I disagree we dont need the goals either, starting to concede a lot and apart from lingard whos having a great season, martial and rashford havent been scoring much lately and pogba cant seem to even get a shot on target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Mourinho: “We are in the second year of trying to rebuild a team. £300m is not enough. City buy full backs for the price of a striker.”

The man is a joke.
    Lukaku and Pogdashian did certainly not cost as much as Walker, Danilo or Mendy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Think thats a bit harsh. Video is grainy as fuck but remember his assist to martial vs spurs? He defiantly can/does link up play, he can pull off nice passing but its not his game, hes a target man with pace.
    Rather an exception. Especially since we’re dropping several matches ago for one good moment.

I disagree we dont need the goals either, starting to concede a lot and apart from lingard whos having a great season, martial and rashford havent been scoring much lately and pogba cant seem to even get a shot on target.
    Martial has been doing fine, and we’ve had plenty of goals from midfield and wings. Pogba has been disappointing, said a few pages back he needs to stop wasting his time from 30 yards. But we’ve not been short in spite of him or Lukaku missing the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Rather an exception. Especially since we’re dropping several matches ago for one good moment.

Martial has been doing fine, and we’ve had plenty of goals from midfield and wings. Pogba has been disappointing, said a few pages back he needs to stop wasting his time from 30 yards. But we’ve not been short in spite of him or Lukaku missing the mark.
    I think the space lukaku creates is a bit under appreciated. Hes a big quick forward, its hard to defend against players like that, its easy for him moving defenders around and opening up gaps, something lingard is taking advantage of quite well.

Just look at the spread of goals compared to last year. Last year zlatan was on 28, and the next highest was 11.

This year through lukakus play bringing in others (as well as utd playing better than last year) has massively helped. Got lukaku already on 15, lingard on 9, Rashford on 9, martial on 8. So the spread of goals this year is looking a lot more healthy and I think lukaku is a big part of that personally.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-27 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The man is a joke.
    Lukaku and Pogdashian did certainly not cost as much as Walker, Danilo or Mendy.
    It's the classic Jose deflection. His antics are getting old and everyone can see it coming from a mile away. Maybe in a season where everyone is bang average he'll win the League, but not in a season where you see a formidable side to which no one has an answer yet.

I can bet your ass that next season people will get more accustomed to Pep's play style and they won't be banging win after win.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-12-27 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    There's nothing like waking up after a night out to read the Man U fan meltdown.

The problem for me is still the way we play football, and the players doesn't matter AS much. I feel like we put together a decent defensive team (though not yesterday) but knowing that we sometimes defend with 6-7 players that's not surprising. The link-up play and attack has mostly been really weak though. We get flashes of brilliance in the performances of players like Martial/Rashford sometimes doing the unexpected, but we seem to lack an overall idea of how to put together a string of passes and move the ball from the middle of the pitch up to a goal chance.

Fans can hate on Lukaku as much as they want but I feel like we aren't helping him either. Don't tell me there's not a manager out there who could play a style of football where we would get 20-25 goals out of him in a season. For the better part of the last few months we're banging up a ball to Lukaku and expecting him to go full Thierry Henry and outrun 2-3 defenders and score a crazy goal. He's no Henry. He's more of a Giroud.

I think the saddest part is that I can watch mid table teams who have better attacking ideas than we do.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to watch how a team should attack you need to watch blades. Play 5 at the back but we just attack all game. Half the games we have lost is because we'd rather win a game than draw and have conceded going for the winner. Yesterday we had our CB overlapping on the left to cross for the RB to score.

Van Dyke pretty much confirmed for Pool then.

They're going to have a great team next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    £75 million. Wowza.

That is their problem area though so...it might be the right move.

Deleted
    VVD is a quality player and far better than what they have in that position.
    Not convinced he's worth anywhere near 75m but that's the world we live in now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    Van Dyke pretty much confirmed for Pool then.

They're going to have a great team next season.
    its going to be thier year...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    VVD is a quality player and far better than what they have in that position.
    Not convinced he's worth anywhere near 75m but that's the world we live in now.
    I blame PSG for this. Well in part. The Neymar transfer has just ballooned prices to absurd amounts

Values in Euros

78.8 million for Van Dijk... way too expensive!
    On top of Van Dijk: Ox Chamberlain 38mill, Keita 75mill, Salah 42mill and Robertson 9mill.
    (They've sold for 40mill)

So...
    242.8mill - 40mill = 202.8mill

I doubt Liverpool has the funds to keep this spending spree up, this seriously opens the door for Coutinho to leave.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonne be very interesting to see interviews with Klopp about this. When united signed Pogba he said he would rather quit than pay that kind of money for a player and now he pays almost the same for a CB.

Really hope the journalists stop kissing his ass and actually ask him about this. Will be very interesting to see.

If you ignore the price tag tho that will most likely be a very good signing for Liverpool. Just what they need!

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There's nothing like waking up after a night out to read the Man U fan meltdown.
    And you wonder why people don't like spurs/thier fans....

Klopps bang average and one day his media gloss will wear off. VVD and kieta are good signings though, should definitely help make liverpool get top 4 next year

Kompany subbed out after 10 minutes due to injury...