10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, it's stupid money for him.

It was obvious that keepers were the next to suffer from insane inflation. And we shouldn't be surprised it's Liverpool that did it after shattering the CB transfer record.

Donnarumma just became 100m.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Liverpool systematically overpay for overrated players, we've been doing it for years. That said, Allison is likely to be a major improvement over either Mignolet or Karius, and that was the difference between us winning a trophy last year. He's potentially worth that to us, even if in isolation he's not worth that. If we get our backline sorted and Salah somehow retains his form from this season we should be in good shape next year. I'm not saying it's ah yeer but things are certainly looking better.

Fuck sake Pete, we ain't even had a Spanish coach for 1 month yet!

I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Liverpool systematically overpay for overrated players, we've been doing it for years. That said, Allison is likely to be a major improvement over either Mignolet or Karius, and that was the difference between us winning a trophy last year. He's potentially worth that to us, even if in isolation he's not worth that. If we get our backline sorted and Salah somehow retains his form from this season we should be in good shape next year. I'm not saying it's ah yeer but things are certainly looking better.
    Thats what most Liverpool fans said when Liverpool signed Karius too tho. He was gonna be the "savior" who finally benched Mignolet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Thats what most Liverpool fans said when Liverpool signed Karius too tho. He was gonna be the "savior" who finally benched Mignolet.
    Yeah, it's a shame that he's not been able to cut those mistakes out of his game. We can but hope that this time we've got a good one. I think having a year with what should be a more solid defence in front of him will help building his confidence. You have to be a truly elite keeper to keep clean sheets with a centreback pairing of Lovren and Klavan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's a shame that he's not been able to cut those mistakes out of his game. We can but hope that this time we've got a good one. I think having a year with what should be a more solid defence in front of him will help building his confidence. You have to be a truly elite keeper to keep clean sheets with a centreback pairing of Lovren and Klavan.
    Ye having those 2 in front of you sure doesn't help

But jesus the money is beyond silly now. Over 70 million euros for a keeper that have had one good season is beyond silly. Wonder where the hell all of this will end. Also gotta love that Just like 1.5 year ago Klopp said that he would not be a manager anymore if Liverpool started paying shitloads of money for players and now he has spent almost 500 million euros since he took over Liverpool.

Btw if you go through 3 "bad goalkeepers", it's probably not them, but the GK coach. Cheznee, Fabianksi and Petr Cech for reference.

Football isnt the only sport with mad money but it gets more stick because its "a working class man's game". Floyd Mayweather gets 200mill to dance around a ring. Top basketballers earn towards 35mill a year

F1 drivers are worth hundreds of millions.

Getting to that skill level is rare and therefore lucrative

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Football isnt the only sport with mad money but it gets more stick because its "a working class man's game". Floyd Mayweather gets 200mill to dance around a ring. Top basketballers earn towards 35mill a year

Yes boxing and basketball are full of toffs straight from the fields of Eton.

Deleted
    If a footballer misses a chance a spectator could get a bloody nose.

If an F1 driver crashes he puts himself and many others at extreme risk and damages property worth millions.

Totally different circomstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovren is one of the greatest defenders in the world.

Fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Hamilton just signed a 40million a year deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    If a footballer misses a chance a spectator could get a bloody nose.

If an F1 driver crashes he puts himself and many others at extreme risk and damages property worth millions.

Totally different circomstances.
    Yeah right, Van Persie nearly died once.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate Liverpool, I really like their transferbusiness. Altho, if Klopp dont deliver soon he'll prob get sacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like it if United could sign a player for money at least once this window

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Would like it if United could sign a player for money at least once this window
    mikeashleylaughing.gif

Zaha talk seems thats hes going but no one wants to pay for him so hes staying?

Palace have a weak squad atm better get some troops in soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    As much as I hate Liverpool, I really like their transferbusiness. Altho, if Klopp dont deliver soon he'll prob get sacked.
    Getting to Champion's League final isn't delivering?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had so little concerns in life that one of the biggest would be to rant about how this season Man United will be wearing black shorts instead of white.

Apparently many fans took to twitter to make themselves heard about this debacle!

Conte is sueing chelsea for the length of time it took chelsea to fire him

"According to The Times, he is now taking legal action against the club, arguing that he deserves compensation for loss of future earnings and damage to his career and reputation."

Any judge with half a brain will laugh it out of court, arguing about loss of reputation when he choose to go the chelsea himself. Should have done a bit of research into the club he was joining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everton paying 50 million for a Watford forward who scored 5 goals in 40 games.

This fucking sport man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Conte is sueing chelsea for the length of time it took chelsea to fire him

"According to The Times, he is now taking legal action against the club, arguing that he deserves compensation for loss of future earnings and damage to his career and reputation."

Any judge with half a brain will laugh it out of court, arguing about loss of reputation when he choose to go the chelsea himself. Should have done a bit of research into the club he was joining.
    Now the board is trying to withhold the 9 million pounds they have to pay Conte, on grounds that they missed a lot off revenue because of that text to Costa.

I doubt this one will do well either.