Is SC2 Legacy of the Void worth buying/playing?

I'm a big fan of SC1 lore and SINGLE PLAYER gameplay. SC2 was kinda cool but not as memorable. I play terran and zerg campaigns basically to see the lore and gameplay innovations, the spaceship lobbies, new characters and stuff.
    As for LotV, I'm not feeling motivated to spend time and money in it, as the lore got so meh... (highly subjective, I know). So, do you think it's worth it from this perspective? Is the protoss spaceship and story cool enough?

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    As for LotV, I'm not feeling motivated to spend time and money in it
    You dont want to play it, so don't buy it

Its kinda ok.

Then comes the epilogue...

They managed to completely kill any interest I had in Starcraft lore in 3 missions.

The campaign and story was really great. It is definitly worth it since its one of the last big rts games.

Gameplay its okay but the writing is easily the worst in a blizzard game period culminating in kerrigan literally turning into a God angel made of fire who defeats all evil forever and then fucks her way across the universe with Raynor to seed all worlds with life and a 'they were never seen again' line if you care about the story its really better off left alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally forgot it exists, I should get it... someday.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy the gameplay it's fine but if you play it for the story, SCII got really, really stupid. I am talking like bad fanfic levels of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If you enjoy the gameplay it's fine but if you play it for the story, SCII got really, really stupid. I am talking like bad fanfic levels of stupid.
    The ideas are GREAT; it's just that game spends so little time on them that the ideas feel like they were just stuffed in for coolness, which makes it feel like a bad fanfic, which is disappointing.

I personally enjoyed LotV, but Protoss is my favorite race to play, so naturally I was all over this expansion. The story is alright and brings everything to a close.

The one thing that I did not like about the entirety of the SC2 campaigns is that they were all built/designed with multiplayer in mind. There were several, several missions that I did not like how they played out (mainly anything with a timer involved, forcing you to rush through a level instead of enjoying it at your own pace), all because Blizzard was insistent on using the campaign as nothing more than a tutorial for multiplayer. It really ruined some of the levels for me and made me feel like I was being forced to play a very specific way instead of allowing me to do things the way I wanted to.

Deleted
    People comparing both stories were 15 years younger when they played SC I. Anybody telling you SC I story was great and SC II story is garbage, is mostly nostalgic. Both stories are - measured with the standards of computer games - reasonably okay, mostly enjoyable and obviously lacking depth. These are not Tolstoy novels. That said, the cutscenes are still breathtaking.

And, like @Zephyr Storm said, mission gameplay is very good, unless a timer forces you to rush multiplayer style.

The story starts ok but falls completely flat halfway through. It then gets worse until you reach the insanely bad ending. They should have kept the WoW story writers away from SC. Not every game needs a multiversum, a place that connects all universes at all times at once and of course that place is inhabited by tentacle monsters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, doesn't really seem to bring much interesting stuff in it to be honest. I guess if I ever did get it, it'd be while it's on sale very cheap, so I can get more Allied Commanders choices.