Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Not sure how anyone can look themselves in the mirror after suggesting that MoP was better than WoTLK or even a good xpac at all really, to each their own I guess.

Legion is pretty good, legendary system and time gates were an act of autism but otherwise pretty solid imo.
    ToT Raid/Patch was good and challenge mode armor. Other than that if I ever have to hear another Panda npc talk i might murder someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been killign it with content but Legion to me still sits below MoP. Something just feels off about Legion to me. Not enough story content I guess. Once you finish the leveling the story is so few and far between. I just feel like the story could have been a bit more engaging. I felt like with MoP each patch added a ton and the story felt like it flowed. Not ot say Legion doesn't but we are dealing with the goddamn legion. It should feel more epic than it does. We had Suramar sure but Broken Shore has been a joke. Each week was a simple fetch quest that could be done in most times 10 mins. At least Suramar had a bit of a narrative to it.

Either way. More expansions like this please. As an overall package Legion has been crushing it.

So as a mage I can say this:

1. Legion is the best time/money ratio I've ever spend with the game, I have about 33 days played at level 110 and 10/12 legos for 1 spec.
    2. I just got my BiS lego for fire the other day, at 10/12, Now I'm toying with frost. I put this here because dailys and daily heroics all remain relevant until I have all legos for all specs on 1 character
    3. LFR, dungeons, and everything in the game remains relevant because of warforging, and lego chance, so I still play a lot
    4. I've never been in a raiding guild that stayed this crappy, happy, and playing for this long
    5. Moreso than any patch before, Legion lets me raid in a well made pug easily. Pugs are generally of higher skill than past expansions, and the pug system is very well done, the game begs you to join the endgame, and often pugs will outpace my guild
    6. Mythic+ provides a more intimate and challenging experience that serves to mix up gameplay for me, and require me to spec for it
    7. The AP system was totally fixed with concordance. The worst part of the xpak. The lego system was fixed since people started getting all legos for their main spec. That was the plan all along.
    8. The raids, storytelling, and overall lore is as engaging and visible in the game as it has ever been to me.
    9. There is no insane power grind. It's all gated to allow everyone to keep up(you can still fall behind, but each patch acts like rubber banded ai so you can reroll, or catch up, the gating doesn't remove the grind, it just makes it achievable if you want to put in the work).
    10. Each piece of gear feels powerful and you can really feel the upgrades
    11. Class balance has been a bit hit and miss, but it is what it is
    12. The RNG aspect of the xpak bothers me when people jump to the front of the line(not so much bad luck, but good luck from casuals is my biggest issue). It's not that big of a deal though, because of the standard wave pattern of upgrades and LoLN.
    13. The xmog system alone makes this one of the best xpaks in recent memory
    14. Game feels fresh somehow

I've never played a game for a year and still felt excited about it since vanilla. Can't wait to see what we get next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    wod didint kill specs. wod didnt have Rng on Rng on Rng. Wod didnt have titanforge joke. Wod didnt have Legendary RNG gambling game. Wod didnt have endless AP grind. Wod didnt kill pvp. Mythic raiders could raid NORMALLY in wod
    This has to be a joke.

ot: Other than RNG AP, Legion is by far one of the best expansions. WoD suffered from orc fatigue, a nonsensical story, and no endgame content outside of raiding and apexis farm. I hope they retcon WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I would love to know what happened in the Blizzard development team during WoD

Must have been such a shitshow
    Dev1: Ok people, we have a serious problem here, and that's people leaving the game after a few months an expansion is released. And content patches don't see to bring enough people back.
    Dev2: We could shorten expansions so we'd release them more often?
    Dev3: That sounds so stupid that it might actually work.
    Dev1: It's settled, we're going to have shorter expansions.

Dev1: OMG what have we done?
    Dev2: They want more content. THEY WANT MORE CONTENT!
    Dev3: Quick, give everyone free legendaries. GIVE THEM ASHBRINGER!
    Dev1: We must expand this to everything being a legendary.
    Dev2: What will we do about legendary weapons after Legion?
    Dev1: We'll just take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've quit playing Legion basically in March, sub cancelled (but still have game time, it autorenewed for 3 months after my tokens ran out this month, can't say I was impressed with that after not paying for wow for 2 years). I've been stopping by to check the view occasionally over the last few months, I think the problem isn't the game but rather it's me.

Legion has been the best expansion since WOTLK and in many ways the best expansion overall, it will never top TBC/WOTLK for me, but I think Legion has been an outstanding effort by Blizzard so far. Not perfect by any stretch and a lot of mistakes, but such a massive step forward from WOD it's incredible... Let's hope they don't drop the ball and go back to being lazy in the next one. It's unlikely I will be playing before then, at least not more than subbing for a month to check out Argus for a week.
    It's completely okay to be done with something. It's not a black mark against you and it's not a black mark against the game. Kudos for recognizing that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Legion COULD have been the best expansion ever.
    No it couldn't. They've done nothing right be it the story, the added class, class changes, the dungeons, the Legendaries, etc.

Legion is definitely a success, it was particularly good pre-7.2. Of course it has its issues (like every single other expac/game out there) but unlike WoD there are some really good systems and ideas in the game that Blizz can work with to make the game that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Legion COULD have been the best expansion ever.
    Well no, that's impossible. "Best expansion ever" won't happen, it already happened with TBC / WotLK, depending which you liked more. As a non-casual TBC was heaven and as a more-casual WotLK was better but really no expansion after that came close (maybe MoP if you liked the setting).

Legion is a (very) good expansion with some flaws. It's for me right behind TBC and the first 4 weeks of Cataclysm (the first weeks of Cataclysm were like TBC and it was f* amazing until they decided to nerf everything...).

This expansion has been the best since MoP (Kappa) besides the 2nd round of pruning, titanforging, and legendaries and AP grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    The zones on the new 'planet' you are talking, are about as big as the Broken Shore. It's probably just a slightly changed version of the demon hunter starting zone.
    Maybe you should check out the PTR. More facts and less talking out from your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    and timeless isle was 100 times better than tanan jungle right?
    Yes my friend

"Full retard" seems too lenient a term for gear being able to randomly jump 90 ilevels. It's unprecedented

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    "Full retard" seems too lenient a term for gear being able to randomly jump 90 ilevels. It's unprecedented
    yet people argue its perfect system and has nothing wrong (more so on offical forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I WISH this expansion would end. Hopefully the next one will actually be fun.
    For you and all of those like you that complain about thing "not being fun" you should possibly considering just leaving all together. Blizzard is going to be using the same game model moving forward. Its not about it being bad, its you just are not into it anymore the way you were before, and its easier for you to blame blizz. I for one have completely enjoyed it so far, I also didn't mind WoD. You know why? Because i still enjoy Warcraft as a whole, not at the level I did in 2004+ but I still enjoy it. For many of you this has become an addiction that you cant shake, you dont get those same feeling's you used to but you just cant quit. Every xpack you start to "Chase the Dragon" only to realize you will never get that feeling again.. so you blame blizzard. Heroin addicts usually blame the dealers for "bad product" because they cant reach a high like that first few.

WOD was a giant turd. Legion is a giant turd but just slightly nicer looking
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    No it couldn't. They've done nothing right be it the story, the added class, class changes, the dungeons, the Legendaries, etc.
    I cant wait for the MMO you are working on comes out. I bet it will have ALL the right stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    For you and all of those like you that complain about thing "not being fun" you should possibly considering just leaving all together. Blizzard is going to be using the same game model moving forward. Its not about it being bad, its you just are not into it anymore the way you were before, and its easier for you to blame blizz. I for one have completely enjoyed it so far, I also didn't mind WoD. You know why? Because i still enjoy Warcraft as a whole, not at the level I did in 2004+ but I still enjoy it. For many of you this has become an addiction that you cant shake, you dont get those same feeling's you used to but you just cant quit. Every xpack you start to "Chase the Dragon" only to realize you will never get that feeling again.. so you blame blizzard. Heroin addicts usually blame the dealers for "bad product" because they cant reach a high like that first few.
    Amen, These forums have quite a lot of people that seem to only bash blizzard and wow at every opportunity. They play the game in varying degrees but agree that the game is garbage now and used to be so much better in the past – and that blizzard is stupid for changing X or implementing Y. While failing to see that while the game changed, they themselves have probably changed the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    What items TF 90 levels higher?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What items TF 90 levels higher?
    any thats atleast 90 ilvls under the cap, but think he meant more items forging alot of ilvls is stupid and just used 90 as more of a example.