Thread: 100% to Dead

100% to Dead

So how do you get your kicks in legion instanced PvP?

For me its on my WW .. every 1.x min I get to chain stun from 100% to 0% .. that's about 8sec ..

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

For me its on my WW .. every 1.x min I get to chain stun from 100% to 0% .. that's about 8sec ..
    I only get my kicks in bgs and rbgs, because I'm not melee. I choose not to reroll because prefer a challenge.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2017-07-24 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I only get my kicks in bgs and rbgs, because i'm not melee, I choose not to reroll because prefer a challenge.
    So you rolled to Ranged with Legion then I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So you rolled to Ranged with Legion then I take it?
    I know, how silly of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i kick half the enemy team off the lumber mill or wreak havoc in eots. Its a shame you dont get killng blows for explo trap kills

Deleted
    I will never understand how some people enjoy killing something that has absolutely no way of defending themselves. Does that make you feel skillful? Isn't it like hitting a training dummy?

Anyway, part of the reason why melees in Legion (and Rogues ever since Vanilla) are so heavily unbalanced vs. ranged, especially clothies is that they actually can stun you from 100% to death through def cds. With a 2 minute cd on trinket, thats just an absolute joke.

Why is it that my fear breaks from even one dot tick but melees stuns are unaffected by damage?

Edit: to keep this constructive, here are my suggestions:
    - Give melee stuns a chance to break on damage just like other ccs
    - Give stuns in general a much much higher diminishing return: Similar to PvE mobs, make it so stun duration is halfed for the 2nd and your stun immune to the 3rd within 30 seconds

Alternatively: Reduce the medallion to 40 or 60 seconds cd.
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-07-28 at 06:30 AM.

They should give all ranged specs instant 5s disarm on 15s cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    15 sec disarm on a 5 sec cooldown ftw
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah because warlocks are so weak they need a disarm

Or maybe is just Warriors that are completely stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I will never understand how some people enjoy killing something that has absolutely no way of defending themselves. Does that make you feel skillful? Isn't it like hitting a training dummy?

Anyway, part of the reason why melees in Legion (and Rogues ever since Vanilla) are so heavily unbalanced vs. ranged, especially clothies is that they actually can stun you from 100% to death through def cds. With a 2 minute cd on trinket, thats just an absolute joke.

Why is it that my fear breaks from even one dot tick but melees stuns are unaffected by damage?

Edit: to keep this constructive, here are my suggestions:
    - Give melee stuns a chance to break on damage just like other ccs
    - Give stuns in general a much much higher diminishing return: Similar to PvE mobs, make it so stun duration is halfed for the 2nd and your stun immune to the 3rd within 30 seconds

Alternatively: Reduce the medallion to 40 or 60 seconds cd.
    I understand the frustration of some range specs in 1on1 PvP situations, but your suggestions would make everything worse. The purpose of stuns in PvP is to create a timeframe for killing an opponent. 100% to 0%, while not exactly beginner friendly, is totally legit in CD heavy PvP. In a 1on1 situation, if you are out of CDs and get stunned while your opponent has burst CDs, you were outplayed and deserve to lose.

Making stuns break from DMG or reducing medallion CD would defeat the purpose of stuns and CC in general.

Deleted
    Personally I feel like the pendulum has shifted too much in the melee's favor. I played a Warlock in MoP and WoD and in 1v1 situations I usually feared no melee because of the overpowered crowd control at my disposal (Coil, Fear, Howl, Blood Horror, gates and ports for mobility). After being dissatisfied with my Destro Lock before the 7.2 adjustments I turned my previous alt Warrior to my main and to be honest Mages are the only class that I fear. It's like they removed kiting from the game. A good mage can slow/root/kite me but all the other rangeds are just incapable of defeating me. It's not because I'm so amazingly good, it's because I have a tool to all of their gap-distancer and most of their defensives.

And this is not about my skill, I'm just an average player but faced with an player of equal average skill I just facestomp them. The damage, the mobility, the selfheal, the ranges just have no chance except of Mages. And even the Mages are not a problem unless they are good because they have so little HP.

So basically TLDR, my point is kiting doesnt exist anymore. The game of chicken between ranged and melee has been completely removed from the game as almost every melee can ride most casters all day long. I think that's not good for the game. Casters have been rather overpowered the last few expansions mainly because of their CC, but this time around the melee have too much. There is a middle ground.

EDIT: This is just the opinion from a random BG point of view; not any arena pro or something like that. Just the bigger picture etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1ce6837a88; 2017-07-29 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a masochist, so i get my kicks by playing ret in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Personally I feel like the pendulum has shifted too much in the melee's favor. I played a Warlock in MoP and WoD and in 1v1 situations I usually feared no melee because of the overpowered crowd control at my disposal (Coil, Fear, Howl, Blood Horror, gates and ports for mobility). After being dissatisfied with my Destro Lock before the 7.2 adjustments I turned my previous alt Warrior to my main and to be honest Mages are the only class that I fear. It's like they removed kiting from the game. A good mage can slow/root/kite me but all the other rangeds are just incapable of defeating me. It's not because I'm so amazingly good, it's because I have a tool to all of their gap-distancer and most of their defensives.

And this is not about my skill, I'm just an average player but faced with an player of equal average skill I just facestomp them. The damage, the mobility, the selfheal, the ranges just have no chance except of Mages. And even the Mages are not a problem unless they are good because they have so little HP.

So basically TLDR, my point is kiting doesnt exist anymore. The game of chicken between ranged and melee has been completely removed from the game as almost every melee can ride most casters all day long. I think that's not good for the game. Casters have been rather overpowered the last few expansions mainly because of their CC, but this time around the melee have too much. There is a middle ground.

EDIT: This is just the opinion from a random BG point of view; not any arena pro or something like that. Just the bigger picture etc.
    Warlocks in MoP had KJC talent, so we could kite and cast most of our dmg spells on the run, for Destro - CB, Fel Flame, Incin, etc. until KJC was nerfed in 5.3/5.4. At the time I saw a dev post that, 'hunters were going to be the niche kiting class'. From that point on they wanted other ranged to be turrets except hunters.

We also had CC and curses that were pruned, and things like Twilight Ward, but we didn't have all of those CCs you named all at once. You had to choose between them on the talent tree and glyphs, but we did have more CC and defensive options then that helped against melee. That made it fun to play warlock, and forced melee to use their tools properly to stop us, not just mongoloid kills.

Besides the pruning to make WoW a quasi-MOBA, the constant nerfing/buffing and OP/UP of classes is mainly to cause FotM rerolls. They make more money the longer you're in game leveling those alts, and on race and faction hopping.

Deleted
    Elemental shaman is a lot of fun in random BG's. Trying to avoid getting the attention of the opposition, standing far away you can seriously blow people of FAST and punting people off the flag to their death in EOTS is the best thing ever. Sometimes I just try to do that a whole game dying in the process multiple times before getting a perfect one off and sending 4 players down at once, worth it!

Also any class can top damage and killing blows in random BGs so thats fun, if you want your team to play perfectly like a well oiled machine and win every BG you're just gonna get mad because randoms don't play well, it's just to accept that.

I don't do rated PvP.

As Ele shaman, as the above poster said, it's nice to get some nice procs and kill something. Control of Lava can be hugely rewarding, but yes, punting people off cliffs is awesome. Unless it's a DH, Warr, rogue, druid and they just use their talents to jump/blink back and destroy me within seconds. That's less awesome.
    My Ele Shaman PvP YouTube channel: https://goo.gl/s0u6Hn

7+ Year Old Account
    I like to play Prot Paladin and spin objectives or tank a bunker in AV in a 3v1 for like 2 minutes before I either die, our team takes something else, or backup comes to wipe the node.