Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TO be fair, Thanos looks like he's not even trying there, while Cappy is two seconds away from a prolapsed colon trying to stop one hand .

Also, I'm willing to bet money that the first act will feature Thor getting his ass handed to him by Thanos, he'll then spend the second act forging his new axe, and return in the final act to stop Thanos murdering everyone.

second bet: Iron Man will 100% be one of the big deaths in this film. He'll probably pull the same shit he pulled at the end of Avengers Assemble, except this time he won't survive it.
    Dunno man, you can see Thanos making a face like he is actually struggling a little. Sure he uses one hand only or it could also be a disbelief, but IMO it's struggle, which I call a major bullshit.

We should defo see some deaths in Infinity Wars and i'ts continuation. Chris Evans alone said he wants out, and the main characters contracts are nearing i'ts end.
    This would finally introduce some consequences into MCU story line.

TO be fair, Thanos looks like he's not even trying there, while Cappy is two seconds away from a prolapsed colon trying to stop one hand .

Also, I'm willing to bet money that the first act will feature Thor getting his ass handed to him by Thanos, he'll then spend the second act forging his new axe, and return in the final act to stop Thanos murdering everyone.

second bet: Iron Man will 100% be one of the big deaths in this film. He'll probably pull the same shit he pulled at the end of Avengers Assemble, except this time he won't survive it.
    Ironman is defiantly dead. Looks like him/spiderman/dr strange/starlord have their own mission intercepting Thano's on a different planet or a ring machine above earth. There Ironman will give his life saving spiderman and they will have a father to son type moment. He is the one that makes the plan after all, and what better way to close the story than with the guy who started it. Plus RDJ would totally steal Cap's best story from the comics.

Cap and co on earth to defend the stones.

That "I hope they remember you" is clearly a ref to Ironman. And what better way to hype up thano's than having him kill tony and delievering a brutal monologue about half of life is gonna be eliminated for balance

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Tony: Hulk and Thor are the strongest Avengers so they are the only ones who stand a chance against Thanos in CQC.
    Cap: Hold my beer.

Thanos: I need all of my Infinity Stones in order to beat Captain America.
    Thor: Can't even handle Thanos' Head Grab....WITH HIS RIGHT ARM! (Ya know? The Non-Infinity Gauntlet Hand?)

Cap: Barely manages to handle Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet Hand...WITH 2 INFINITY STONES!

Jesus Christ. That's why he's Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Thor: Can't even handle Thanos' Head Grab....WITH HIS RIGHT ARM! (Ya know? The Non-Infinity Gauntlet Hand?)

Cap: Barely manages to handle Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet Hand...WITH 2 INFINITY STONES!

Jesus Christ. That's why he's Cap.
    Ikr

just wait when Captain Marvel comes in.

Also what if the soul stone is Tony Starks soul?

Is it crazy to suggest someones soul is the stone and needs to be plucked from them. Ie when Thano's kills stark, he drains him for the soul stone.

Its a long shot but Ironman is in the center of the soul stone for promo art

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Deadpool would break the rating on infinity war and keep out the kiddies
    Putting Deadpool in Infinity War would be like putting Batman or Superman in Infinity War or an X-Men movie.. It doesn't fit nor was the crappy comic book character called "Deadpool" even in Infinity War......

If we have to go by strongest avenger right now in the infinity war movie they go like this.
    Dr.Strange
    Wanda Scarlet Witch.
    Hulk/Thor - these 2 are supposed to be equal 99% of the time
    Captain Marvel/Vision = this 2 are of similar strength
    Black panther - he is a better version of Cap due to his intellect.
    Captain America
    Ironman - due to his experience and intellect
    Antman - the original one that actually invented the pim particle who later becomes yellow jacket.
    Spiderman - this one should need no explaining.
    Falcon - superior intellect and military training
    The current antman -
    Wasp -
    Blackwidow -
    Hawkeye -
    Warmachine -

Assuming we are talking avengers only from the marvel movie universe.

Thor(then again he hasn't regained his full strength yet struggling over normal Thanos makes no sense considering cap should be crushed in half when Thanos has the gauntlet with 2 stones......
    Last edited by Ebalina; 2018-03-17 at 11:11 PM.

No way is Dr strange the strongest in the film universe. Because he time loops dumarmu(spelling?) Its literally all hes done. We need to see more from him before you can claim that.

his magical kung fu has not left me impressed. In fact his cloak was more helpful

He has one of the gems.
    Yes he is still learning his power but based on everything ever written about all those characters i'm fairly sure he will be almost omnipotent by the time infinity war is over.
    And even at his current power level he is still miles above every one else in terms of power granted he doesn't know how to use/channel that power at the moment he just has it and is learning how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    He has one of the gems.
    Yes he is still learning his power but based on everything ever written about all those characters i'm fairly sure he will be almost omnipotent by the time infinity war is over.
    And even at his current power level he is still miles above every one else in terms of power granted he doesn't know how to use/channel that power at the moment he just has it and is learning how to use it.
    That Gem is gonna be stolen from him by Ebony Maw pretty quick imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Dunno man, you can see Thanos making a face like he is actually struggling a little. Sure he uses one hand only or it could also be a disbelief, but IMO it's struggle, which I call a major bullshit.
    Eh, I think it's mostly surprise. I mean Cappy is giving it EVERYTHING he has, so I think it's acceptable to allow him to put up a BIT of a defense against a Thanos who clearly gives NO fucks. I wouldn't be surprised if the next part of that scene was him slamming Cappy into the ground, or maybe throwing him against a tree or something.

That "I hope they remember you" is clearly a ref to Ironman. And what better way to hype up thano's than having him kill tony and delievering a brutal monologue about half of life is gonna be eliminated for balance
    Yeah, that actually makes a LOT of sense. We see him manhandle Thor right at the start, so we know he's tough... Then he straight up murders Iron Man in front of his proxy child, Spoderman, all the while monologuing like a boss. Would be very cool.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yeah, that actually makes a LOT of sense. We see him manhandle Thor right at the start, so we know he's tough... Then he straight up murders Iron Man in front of his proxy child, Spoderman, all the while monologuing like a boss. Would be very cool.
    Yeah Thor will defiantly get man handled and then thrown into space to meet the GOTG. Awesome way to open the movie with a big action scene. Then get into the act 2 gotg/stark gameplan. I know we already got that in a post credit scene for thor Rag, but I feel we need to actually see the event. Plus thor gets man handled/thrown into space like a toy. Ironman in broken armor about to get face punched by Thano's while he tells him the masterplan of destroying half the universe. The sense of hopelessness and despair would be intense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sense of hopelessness and despair would be intense.
    For sure! I mean, as he stands right now, Thor is quite happy with his power levels, so he's going to need an impetus to go and forge his new axe. So we get to see Thanos taking the Tesseract, claiming another gem and then skullfucking the Asgardians. Then we get the meet up they teased at the end of Ragnarok.

Then, just when everyone is feeling all happy and hopeful...

BOOM! Iron Man, the hero that started off the whole MCU, the leading light of the whole series, using his latest most powerful Bleeding Edge Armour goes up against Thanos and get's UTTERLY destroyed.

The despair, it'll be beautiful.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

For sure! I mean, as he stands right now, Thor is quite happy with his power levels, so he's going to need an impetus to go and forge his new axe. So we get to see Thanos taking the Tesseract, claiming another gem and then skullfucking the Asgardians. Then we get the meet up they teased at the end of Ragnarok.

Then, just when everyone is feeling all happy and hopeful...

BOOM! Iron Man, the hero that started off the whole MCU, the leading light of the whole series, using his latest most powerful Bleeding Edge Armour goes up against Thanos and get's UTTERLY destroyed.

The despair, it'll be beautiful.
    Yep, his bleeding edge armour pretty much sealed it for me along with spiderman the next gen of hero being with him. Where do you go with Ironman after this assuming he did survive? He'll turn himself into a human rocket at this rate complete with a tesla car in his payload.

Edit* the 3rd major reason I think its Ironman bites the dust is that RDJ wants to work more with his and his wifes production company more. Marvel contracts are a real drag in terms of being booked out years in advance and not giving you much freedom to work on other projects
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-03-18 at 12:36 AM.

It didnt help the movie. Are you forgetting the pointless Rhino scene as well? Too much clutter in these hero flicks is a proven recipe to be a shit movie
    Really, the pointless Rhino Scenes? He was only in the beginning and the end. I actually enjoyed AM2. I wasn't as bad as people say it is. It wasn't great, but it sure wasn't Hulk 2005 bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, his bleeding edge armour pretty much sealed it for me along with spiderman the next gen of hero being with him. Where do you go with Ironman after this assuming he did survive? He'll turn himself into a human rocket at this rate complete with a tesla car in his payload.

Edit* the 3rd major reason I think its Ironman bites the dust is that RDJ wants to work more with his and his wifes production company more. Marvel contracts are a real drag in terms of being booked out years in advance and not giving you much freedom to work on other projects
    I don't know about that. I have seen plenty of films with other actors while they have been on their Marvel contract. Hell, look at Zoe Saldana. She is doing both Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy, and other films at the same time. I mean seriously, since Iron Man 3, Downey hasn't had a film of his own in Marvel. He had a small part is Spiderman: Homecoming, and a large part in Civil War. Hell, Downey was almost out of Hollywood before Iron man because of his drug binges, if I remember correctly. I've seen movies with Ruffalo, hawkeye, scarlet Johansen, Paul Rudd, and most of the others in films that were made during their Marvel Tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Really, the pointless Rhino Scenes? He was only in the beginning and the end. I actually enjoyed AM2. I wasn't as bad as people say it is. It wasn't great, but it sure wasn't Hulk 2005 bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about that. I have seen plenty of films with other actors while they have been on their Marvel contract. Hell, look at Zoe Saldana. She is doing both Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy, and other films at the same time. I mean seriously, since Iron Man 3, Downey hasn't had a film of his own in Marvel. He had a small part is Spiderman: Homecoming, and a large part in Civil War. Hell, Downey was almost out of Hollywood before Iron man because of his drug binges, if I remember correctly. I've seen movies with Ruffalo, hawkeye, scarlet Johansen, Paul Rudd, and most of the others in films that were made during their Marvel Tenure.
    Gotta love Zoe Saldana (I wanted her as Rey for the new star wars, but shes already a damn franchise slut) Her dancing background would have been perfect with making her posture n stuff and holding a lightsaber look awesome. Daisy Ridley looks like shes trying to swing a metal rod round like a kid. Star trek only had 3 films and Im pretty sure both released before GOTG with maybe the 3rd one after. She hasnt been in much else since she was Gamora.

And theres no doubt RDJ owes a lot to Marvel, it did bring his career back from the brink as you said, well it helped, Sherlock holmes success didnt hurt either. But hes well in demand now and only had a handful of roles outside of Marvel like the judge

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think the soul gem is someone's soul? Or its just in Wakanda, giving reason for the Thano's to go there and have a battle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, they're CLEARLY grooming Spiderman to be the next leader, they've confirmed that the next phase is going to be Spider lead. Having him there to witness the death of the previous leader... It couldn't be more fitting.

Indeed, they're CLEARLY grooming Spiderman to be the next leader, they've confirmed that the next phase is going to be Spider lead. Having him there to witness the death of the previous leader... It couldn't be more fitting.
    Where did you read this?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Where did you read this?
    Its just a theory. One that will happen. Its pretty obvious when you've seen all the MCU films

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    IMO Stark and Cap have to die in either this one or 4. They are the leaders of the Avengers. Marvel stated that this "book" wraps up with part 4 and a new era hits. The mantle has to be passed on from these two more than any other of the Avengers in order for this to happen.
    Stark doesn't yet have anyone to pass his mantle on to yet. Cap has Bucky, and Thor has Valkyrie. Those are the most likely candidates for dying.