Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If you're in a thread about a movie that has come out for a few days now you're kind of stupid to expect people not posting spoilers. Hint stay off the web/threads discussing the movie if you wanna avoid spoilers...
    That's not the point. And has nothing to do with the question I asked.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Now that I’ve watched it again, I realized just how much the MCU has found ways to nerf Vision after AoU. Seriously. There wouldn’t be much fighting necesssry if he wasn’t concentiently stabbed by the only type of weapon that could put him out of commission.
    It sort of makes sense though, actually.

A really key thing throughout the movie is that Thanos clearly has intimate knowledge of everything the Guardians and the Avengers have been doing, who they are, who they care about, what their powers are, how to counter them, etc.

He knows who Tony is, who Peter is, etc etc. Why? Because a future phase is definitely going to do deal with a Skrull invasion of Earth - they are likely already here - and apparently working with Thanos IMO. He succeeded largely because he knew what to expect, where to go, how to deal with everyone, etc - practically confirms a Skrull invasion to me.

So if the Skrull were feeding Thanos information about Earth, then they would know where to find Vision, what he is, what he's capable of - and crucially - what the one type of weapon they need to hit him with to prevent him from phasing the rest of the movie. Distract Dr. Strange and Iron Man (two people who might have otherwise detected an attack on Scotland) with an audacious overt attack on New York where he knows they are and are going to respond to first - simultaneously send your most elite to covertly attack Vision in Scotland.

Vision gets hit with the spear because a) Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive are badasses, and b) because he's used to getting stabbed all the time and either regenerating over it or phasing through it. He didn't know he had to dodge their blow, he thought he could just get stabbed and then kill them once their weapon was disarmed (in him). If he knew what it was capable of from the outset he likely would have been able to block or dodge the attack - but he didn't realize the stakes.

Taking out Vision was key to the entire plan. So ya I agree if Vision and Scarlet had been at their best, they'd have given a 3 infinity stone Thanos a run for his money - but Thanos foresaw that ahead of time, he knew what they were capable of, he did his homework (or rather, the Skrull did).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2018-04-29 at 05:33 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They could have warmachine be in a wheel chair. Instead of walking around laughing in the faces of cripples with future tech
    you must have watched another film then me. when we see warmachine again he doesnt smile because he is walking with high tech but because of the people he sees again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw it, holy freaking CRAP that was absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that during several fight scenes the camera is just WAY too close. It's so hard to focus on what's actually going on. Other than that, man that really blew me away!

Was there an after credits for this one? I tried to sit through the credits but the large soda I drank REALLY needed to come out >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I like how Nick Fury was in the first and last end credit scene, what a way to end the first 10 years of the MCU.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how half of the universe dissapeared in my movie theatre before the after credits scene began. After 18 films you should know by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    I like how half of the universe dissapeared in my movie theatre before the after credits scene began. After 18 films you should know by now.
    When the credits started in my cinema, hardly anyone moved, after about 2 minutes the cinema put the lighting to full and 3/4 of the cinema left. Honestly, I think it would of suited well not having a post credit scene given how the movie ended it would of been appropriate. And had I not of seen a article title saying 'post credit explained' I might have thought about leaving.

Overall the film was really, really great. The cameo was great, totally wasn't expecting that appearance.

The thing with the hulk was a bit shitty, pretty sure I know why he was like that.

The first hour of the film was a bit chaotic. They seemed to be trying to tell a fuck ton of the story in short compressed scenes hoping backwards and forwards between them. I think quite a few of those should of been cut or they should of thrown on another half hour onto the run time just to expand a couple of those scenes so they didn't feel rushed.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Everyone (full theatre) kept their seats untill the end credits. Was weird to watch.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Everyone (full theatre) kept their seats untill the end credits. Was weird to watch.
    The same when I watched it yesterday. Nobody left until the end-credit scene was done.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part of the movie is Thanos beating Hulk with his fists only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Red Skull was probably the most comic book like thing I've seen in a Marvel movie yet.
    I like how my movie audience gasped with he appeared :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I watched it online when I got home.

I didn't want to fight a couple hundred people to get out of the theater and parking lot. Way easier than sitting there for 20 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Just saw it, holy freaking CRAP that was absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that during several fight scenes the camera is just WAY too close. It's so hard to focus on what's actually going on. Other than that, man that really blew me away!

Was there an after credits for this one? I tried to sit through the credits but the large soda I drank REALLY needed to come out >.>
    Nick Fury and Maria Hill driving in a city, presumably NYC when people start disappearing, Maria Hill then vanishes as well so Nick Fury runs to get something out of the car they were in, as he's typing something into it, Nick Fury starts to vanish as well, Samuel tries to drop a motherfucker but gets cut off, and what he's typing on drops to the floor, turns out it's an old style pager which flashes up with a Captain Marvel symbol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    The way Dr Strange gives up his stone is so weird, can only be a trick! (a decoy stone?) He had the power to revert the failed fight scene.

Where the hell is Thanos at the end? Didn't catch it, I was shocked by so many deaths.
    It wasn't weird. He had seen a few MILLIONS outcomes of the battle. He knew that they could not win this fight, so instead that everyone dies, he gave Thanos his stone so that Tony could survive. He had seen in the future I guess that Tony must survive for them to win the war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I like how my movie audience gasped with he appeared :P
    Yeah because the fans really wanted to know what happend to him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post

Yeah because the fans really wanted to know what happend to him
    I think it was just because it was unexpected. Although I'd take more Hugo Weaving anyway...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    He knows who Tony is, who Peter is, etc etc. Why? Because a future phase is definitely going to do deal with a Skrull invasion of Earth - they are likely already here - and apparently working with Thanos IMO. He succeeded largely because he knew what to expect, where to go, how to deal with everyone, etc - practically confirms a Skrull invasion to me.

So if the Skrull were feeding Thanos information about Earth, then they would know where to find Vision, what he is, what he's capable of - and crucially - what the one type of weapon they need to hit him with to prevent him from phasing the rest of the movie. Distract Dr. Strange and Iron Man (two people who might have otherwise detected an attack on Scotland) with an audacious overt attack on New York where he knows they are and are going to respond to first - simultaneously send your most elite to covertly attack Vision in Scotland.
    Secret Invasion then? I'm all for that. Looks like a good opportunity to reintroduce F4 to the MCU. But didn't Fox still own right to Skrulls? I vaguely remember a graph showing that they still own Super Skrull.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Ye, shaky cam was annoying, fortunately there wasn't lots of it.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-04-29 at 11:49 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think it was just because it was unexpected. Although I'd take more Hugo Weaving anyway...
    It wasnt hugo weaving though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    It wasnt hugo weaving though
    It wasnt? Now I take it all back... fuck him :P

Really liked Thanos motive, twisted as it was. Too often the baddies just have personal petty motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You think they were transported to another universe rather than erased/killed? What would be the point of that?
    Ultimate theory:

They got transported to an alternate dimension, and in IW2 when they and half the population of Earth is brought back.... dun dun dun.. some of them return as MUTANTS.