Deleted

Black Rook Hold, Holy Priest

Hi!
    I'm a new holy priest. Today I was running a +11 BRH, and it was a disaster for me. My biggest problem has been being one-shotted by some spells (like the shadowbolt at the last boss). Is there any way to mitigate the damage taken? I'm 895 ilvl, so the gear-stamina should not be a problem!
    Any suggestion?

Your best bet is to use Desperate Prayer right before burst hits you. The 30% increased health should see you through most damage. You could also cast Guardian Spirit on yourself (or someone else if you have the artifact trait which gives you an automatic spirit on yourself). I ran a BRH +16 with tyrannical a few days ago and using those two spells I was able to survive burst on all bosses.

Also, use Prydaz if you got it... it is awesome for survival.

For your specific example, no you can't mitigate the shadow bolt damage on the last boss. Either use Divine Guardian for it or Desperate Prayer just before the cast finishes for the extra 30% hp (if that's sufficient).

But overall, BRH has some really nasty trash and bosses, so it's also very much up to how well the group handles the place (e.g. stun the scouts when they start channeling their Knife Dance, don't stand in the archers Barrage, don't let the mages get too many stacks up by interrupting).

Overall, if you have Prydaz, it's really good for m+ dungeons in general due to lots of unavoidable damage and there aren't overly many other really strong holy legendaries for m+ (at least ime).

You need to GS it. Sometimes you will need to DP and GS it.

Yeah, you're forced to use GS on yourself. I did a +13 one time and even with Prydaz + Desperate Prayer, I was still being 1shot by the first boss.

Deleted
    legendary cloak is your best friend there as well as to intentionally suicide your way to the first boss

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    legendary cloak is your best friend there as well as to intentionally suicide your way to the first boss
    Why would you want to "suicide your way to the first boss" in BRH when any Invis Pot will do the same without killing you? oO
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Why would you want to "suicide your way to the first boss" in BRH when any Invis Pot will do the same without killing you? oO
    Because DDs insist that they'll need pots to do dips on bosses. That's why we can't skip trash packs before first boss in BRH and last boss in DHT by just using invis pots...

Because DDs insist that they'll need pots to do dips on bosses.
    5 Deaths -> 25s penalty
    1 mass rez -> 8s
    Waiting for everyone to eat -> 8s

41s wasted for prepot ? Could be viable on tyranical 20.

Cloack is usefull to cheese specific boss abilities but overall, Prydaz is better to simply survive.

It's not like I advocate this "play style". It's just the argumentation I get...